NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Tetris [Nintendo Version] - NTSC - Points - 163,275 - Taylor Gonder

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Tetris [Nintendo Version] - NTSC - Points - 163,275 - Taylor Gonder

07-08-2021, 02:43 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=439
    Rank
    Rules
    1 Life Only [Game-A]
    Special Rules: Not that there are any lives in the game, but you get only 1 attempt per game! This is a 1 Player Game ONLY! You're free to not only choose music or silence, but you're allowed to choose what starting level you desire. [Please note, you may also access levels 10-19 by holding the A Button while the selection is over 0-9 respectively, and hitting the Start button. Allowing the demo to scroll through and hitting Start as a line or Tetris is completed, selecting your level and causing the screen to flash when you start, enabling yourself to gain a free line or lines and therefore free points is banned! Your scoring attempt ends when the blocks reach the top of the screen and the Game Over message pops up. If the score rolls over, it will continue to be calculated. Pausing for ANY reason = Disqualification!
    Please note that although this variation is for Most Points, you may submit it as a Most Lines attempt as well.
    Submission Message
    Run starts at about 3:25

Likes RedDawn liked this post
  2. 07-08-2021, 02:54 PM
    Im not quite sure there's enough in the proof package for me to vote Yes. Twin Galaxies recommends that we see the console, cartridge, and a bootup. Seeing your controller (while not required) is a nice touch, but I just feel there is too much missing right now. If I missed you showing your gear, please let me know.

My instinct is to vote No for now, unless others chime in with a different opinion. By the time you make your next video with a better proof package, your score will probably improve as well!
  3. 07-08-2021, 03:09 PM
    I was unaware that you had to see the actual console, I will be sure to show it in future videos.
  4. 07-08-2021, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 321Tieguy View Post
    Im not quite sure there's enough in the proof package for me to vote Yes. Twin Galaxies recommends that we see the console, cartridge, and a bootup. Seeing your controller (while not required) is a nice touch, but I just feel there is too much missing right now. If I missed you showing your gear, please let me know.

My instinct is to vote No for now, unless others chime in with a different opinion. By the time you make your next video with a better proof package, your score will probably improve as well!
    After reviewing the rules there is nothing that states the console must be in frame, this would also render all submissions done with capture cards invalid.
    Also, while I am using an original cartridge, you do not need to. You can use external storage or Everdrive cartridges.
    The rules do state that the boot up needs to be shown, which it is. Please reference the page where it shows that the console and cartridge need to be shown.
  5. 07-08-2021, 03:32 PM
    Under Site Info>Help and Tutorials>Guidelines for recording a video game score performance

"Twin Galaxies accepts score performance videos for many different gaming platforms, and each platform can have its own unique characteristics with regard to what is best to include as part of your score performance. When capturing a performance, you are encouraged to make every attempt to record in such a way that the gameplay, screen, and most importantly the score portion, are unobstructed as much as physically possible.

Whenever possible, you are encouraged to record your platform being plugged in, turned on from a cold start, the game being inserted/loaded, demonstrating that all game settings are set according to the stated rules, and starting the game without any break/edit in the entire recorded sequence as described above.

Additionally, some communities around platforms (such as Arcade) sometimes carry an unstated tradition of requiring the physical hardware that you are playing on to be visibly included/inspected as part of the total score performance video. If you are still unsure what to include, please visit the Twin Galaxies forums and ask the adjudicating community what the current expectations are for the platform you would like to submit on."

As an optimist instead of a pessimist, Im pretty sure you played this on original hardware, but I'd like to be sure before voting yes and Im interested in what other's opinions may be.
    Thanks Taylor Gonder thanked this post
  6. 07-08-2021, 03:45 PM
    Thanks for the reference! I moved my setup last night. You can see all of the hardware in my type B record for NES Tetris (see link) where I do show the insertion of the cart and system. also here is a could pics of how it is right now, I'll be sure to rearrange it for next time but would really appreciate a "Yes".

https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/te...high-5-points/
    ATTACH=CONFIG]128951[/ATTACH]Name:  204842741_499681001316000_7635827692165520886_n.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  96.8 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks RedDawn thanked this post
  7. 07-08-2021, 03:51 PM
    I think your added photo is enough for a first time pass. Thanks for the added evidence, be sure to include it in future videos, and I am comfortable changing to a Yes.
    Likes Taylor Gonder, RedDawn liked this post
  8. 07-08-2021, 04:51 PM
    Voting yes. You've previously shown the bootup of the same hardware in your b-type run not too long ago, which was validated, and approved. I saw no anomalies, in either game function, nor your playstyle. Then again, I am not too overly suspicious of someone pining after 53rd place on a leaderboard to begin with. Solid play, just be sure to get the console in the shot next time :)
    Likes Taylor Gonder liked this post
  9. 07-23-2021, 11:31 PM
    Gameplay checked. Score matches up.
    Likes Taylor Gonder liked this post
  10. 09-15-2021, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Ruffolo View Post
    Gameplay checked. Score matches up.
    Your score is acceptable!
    Jared Oswald
    World record holders on "Guitar Hero", "Rock Band" and Sonic games.
Join us