NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Double Dragon II: The Revenge - NTSC - Points - 2P Team - 143,170 - Allen Carver

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Double Dragon II: The Revenge - NTSC - Points - 2P Team - 143,170 - Allen Carver

06-02-2021, 06:01 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Points - 2P Team
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=131808
    Rank
    Rules
    Supreme Master difficulty, 4 Lives [Default] 1 Player Game ONLY!Special Rules: No Codes ALLOWED! You dont have to beat the game. Please note, there IS a way to leech in this game, and it will be tolerated to an absolute minimum. It goes like this; You beat down the enemy until theyre hunched over awaiting the final blow, back off, let them straighten out again, punch/kick them, repeat. The downside? This only garners you 10 points per successful blow until you kill the enemy and due to no timer, can be done as long as you are capable. Excessive use of this tactic will result in your score being disqualified, so be warned.2P Rules: You may select either A (no friendly fire) or B (friendly fire) at your discretion. HOWEVER, players are NOT ALLOWED to steal lives from your teammate through combat.Official score will be the COMBINED TOTAL of both player scores.
    Submission Message
    This is a 2 player run with Freeko, As per suggestion of Pixe Sukola we are both going to submit the same records so we can both be credited.

Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola, RedDawn, Garrett Holland liked this post
  2. 06-02-2021, 09:59 PM
    Score looks good to me, voting Yes!

BTW: There is this idea that some members have here, that a 2 player game ends when one of the two players die and the score submitted has to be the total of points up until the death of one of the players. That is how some members choose to go about their 2p submissions and that's fine with me, but that is NOT a rule. So if someone makes that argument here, now you know it's just an opinion.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  3. 06-02-2021, 10:14 PM
    I was also wondering about how that worked because i could do..... LifeForce, or any contra and just have the first player die and well you know the rest lol. Seeing that its not a clearly state rule like so many others I've come across and he was there for majority I didn't think it would be too much of an issue. Most notable was the 2 player Turtles in time (SNES) where one player carried the other but he was there for most of it. Side note thats the next one i'm going after :-)
  4. 06-02-2021, 10:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Whilethekidsareaway View Post
    I was also wondering about how that worked because i could do..... LifeForce, or any contra and just have the first player die and well you know the rest lol.
    Some people believe that a 2p score should be only the combined achievement of a team, and if one of the players dies and is not earning points then is not a team anymore and the game should end right there.

To me this is not a good system because then you are not measuring a team, you are just measuring the weakest player of the team. When the weakest player dies so does the run, that doesn't make sense to me. In most competitions in the world the team can keep going without all the members.

Another argument for this idea is that one great player could team up with just anybody and beat everybody else in 2p competitions and that would be unfair. To that I say, if one player is good enough to beat by himself the efforts of the next 2 best players in a game, then he deserves to be in the winner team. By teaming up with a not-so-good player, the great player is only making it easier for other teams to beat him. There is absolutely nothing unfair here.

Most importantly, the leaderboards are filled with scores where 1 player carried the other, to now make it a rule to end your game at the death of one player would be unfair to new teams. Jace Hall has said that he prefers the idea of the game ending when one player dies and I respect that, but he also said that this needs more discussion and nothing official has been said yet. And Jace also said that if this were to become a rule and the default, it would only apply to new tracks and not to the ones that already have scores on.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
  5. 06-04-2021, 10:03 AM
    There are two things I want to bring up. The first is that I should be added to this record as the second player.

The second is that we had a very basic strategy in place while playing. For those that did not quite figure it out, I mostly acted as a decoy while Allen took down the bulk of the enemies. Yes, I did stumble in this game because I messed up the jumping section. Nothing in the rules states that the game is dead when one player is defeated. There is no precedent for this in previous iterations of twin galaxies, nor is there any precedent in the rules as written in this current version of twin galaxies.

About the only thing that happens if this submission is somehow ruled invalid, is that I take another day trip to Allen's and run this all the way to the end. Which of course means there is a good bit of improvement that can be done to this run. All told, for coming into this having done 2 practice runs heading into the recording, I am happy with how things turned out.
    Likes Whilethekidsareaway liked this post
  6. 06-04-2021, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by freeko View Post
    There are two things I want to bring up. The first is that I should be added to this record as the second player.
    Nobody can add you as the second player, except yourself. You need to submit the score from your account just like Allen did, submit this score, mention in the submission mesage who you played with and that's it. You don't even need to upload the video evidence, since Allen uploaded it, it's already in the database. Just submit your score and when you get to the part where TG asks you to upload a video o provide a link, just copy and paste the vzaar address from allen's video. You can find said address by clicking the vzaar icon on the upper right corner of the video after you hit play.

Quote Originally Posted by freeko View Post
    The second is that we had a very basic strategy in place while playing. For those that did not quite figure it out, I mostly acted as a decoy while Allen took down the bulk of the enemies. Yes, I did stumble in this game because I messed up the jumping section. Nothing in the rules states that the game is dead when one player is defeated. There is no precedent for this in previous iterations of twin galaxies, nor is there any precedent in the rules as written in this current version of twin galaxies.

About the only thing that happens if this submission is somehow ruled invalid, is that I take another day trip to Allen's and run this all the way to the end. Which of course means there is a good bit of improvement that can be done to this run. All told, for coming into this having done 2 practice runs heading into the recording, I am happy with how things turned out.
    So far no one is opposing the validity of this performance, I was just mentioning the opinion that some people have regarding 2p submissions in case one of them would argue that here.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Likes Whilethekidsareaway, RedDawn liked this post
  7. 06-10-2021, 02:38 AM
    Bumping for looks and votes......
  8. 06-17-2021, 02:57 AM
    After a little digging this record should be voted in, in the same way this one was. One of the players was dead and out of the game but the other player kept going.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/188956
    Likes Pixe Sukola, RedDawn liked this post
  9. 06-17-2021, 11:27 AM
    +22540
    -------------

daniel nailed everything else. I used to believe it was a rule that it ended when one player ended based on what i heard from others, and despite often repeated i didnt realize it was an opinion being pushed and not a true rule so i definitley apologize to ryan as i was likely the one that got people to reject his sega master system doubles score with his stuffed animal. I now realize there is in fact precedent to allow until end of game from the old days, so yes, the rule of ending when the first players days would be a new change that has been sometimes enforced based on people buying into the rumor somehting i myself am guilty of.

accepted.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 28
Size:  666.7 KB
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks Whilethekidsareaway thanked this post
    Likes Whilethekidsareaway liked this post
  10. 06-17-2021, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    +22540
    -------------

daniel nailed everything else. I used to believe it was a rule that it ended when one player ended based on what i heard from others, and despite often repeated i didnt realize it was an opinion being pushed and not a true rule so i definitley apologize to ryan as i was likely the one that got people to reject his sega master system doubles score with his stuffed animal. I now realize there is in fact precedent to allow until end of game from the old days, so yes, the rule of ending when the first players days would be a new change that has been sometimes enforced based on people buying into the rumor somehting i myself am guilty of.

accepted.
    Well a teddy bear is a little different than a human player who actually put in time and effort. Hell with teddy bear logic i could hold a lot more 2p records so i wouldnt feel too bad about rejecting that but, being a stickler for the rules i suppose they could be legit as it does not say it has to be a human player. I would however assume that there would be some expectation that the second player had a pulse lol.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us