NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Jackal - NTSC - Points - 2P Team - 612,300 - Allen Carver

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Jackal - NTSC - Points - 2P Team - 612,300 - Allen Carver

06-02-2021, 06:15 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Points - 2P Team
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=131812
    Rank
    Rules
    Factory Default [2 Players ONLY!, No Continues Allowed!]Special Rules: Due to the fact that the game loops once you beat the Super Tank, you may of course freely continue on your game, as your score remains intact.2P Rules: Official score is the combined total of both players. Players are not allow to take a life from their partner (as this will reset your score).
    Submission Message
    This is a 2 player submission played with Freeko (user ID 31031) and as suggested by Pixe Sukola we are both going to submit the same score and video so we both get the credit.

Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  2. 06-04-2021, 10:14 AM
    As is the case with Double Dragon 2, I want to request my name to be added into this record submission.

This was probably the worst score I had through the whole time we were playing this game. In other runs we were more of a 60/40 score ratio. One run was really close, but not quite as we faltered at the end of the first loop with the final boss. This run we learned from our mistakes, but I just played like crap. If I recall correctly, it was very near the end of the time we set aside for streaming. I asked Allen to yolo another go at this game and that was where we did our best runs. The aforementioned close call preceded this run. I think there was a bad run where we probably should have just reset in-between, but I learned a ton about this game coming in completely cold and never playing it before. There is potential to marathon this game.
  3. 06-04-2021, 10:46 AM
    This is one of my all-time favorite ports to the NES. It plays so damn well.

Not sure what's going to happen with the 2P submissions but keep at it. Something will get figured out.

I'm going to hold off on voting YES until I know what's going to happen with that, though, as it may be better to have the submission remain open if any changes need to be made or anything. But this is an acceptable 2P run no doubt.
  4. 06-04-2021, 10:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    But this is an acceptable 2P run no doubt.
    Sigh ok I forgot. There's been some recent discussion about the value of a 2P score. Is score taken when both players are completely dead or is it taken when there ceases to be two players playing simultaneously? I'm not trying to lean either way, really, because I don't know much about how 2P scores were tallied in the past. But I know that's a discussion that has been bouncing around lately.
  5. 06-10-2021, 02:48 AM
    I too would love a concrete decision on this, my thoughts are...

teams in pro sports can finish with a man down, teams in many other competitions are allowed to finish also.

The way I see it is, if your the best player in the world at a game does the second player need to be as good or just under that good for the score to count?

I don't think so, I think it's the choice of the player who he teams with and score is score no matter who scored the bulk.

According to the current rules there is nothing in black and white that says the run ends when either player runs out of lives.

I also support the idea of holding off on the votes until the second player can at the very least have their name added to it but at the same time I don't believe it would be that hard to just add a name (forgoing the ESI and all that) I think people just want their names in the 2p tracks without creating a joint account etc.
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  6. 06-10-2021, 03:34 AM
    Good submission, voting Yes!
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Whilethekidsareaway thanked this post
    Likes Whilethekidsareaway liked this post
  7. 06-17-2021, 02:56 AM
    After a little digging this record should be voted in, in the same way this one was. One of the players was dead and out of the game but the other player kept going.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/188956
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  8. 06-17-2021, 12:28 PM
    501700+110600=612,300

well done, accepting for the same reasons as in the double dragon thread discussion.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  9. 06-17-2021, 12:29 PM
    Name:  image.png
Views: 18
Size:  42.6 KB
    first player score
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
Join us