NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Double Dragon II: The Revenge - NTSC - Points - 195,510 - Nolan Hill

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Double Dragon II: The Revenge - NTSC - Points - 195,510 - Nolan Hill

06-03-2021, 07:36 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=180
    Rank

Rules
    Supreme Master difficulty, 4 Lives [Default] 1 Player Game ONLY!
    Special Rules: No Codes ALLOWED! You don't have to beat the game. Please note, there IS a way to leech in this game, and it will be tolerated to an absolute minimum. It goes like this; You beat down the enemy until they're hunched over awaiting the final blow, back off, let them straighten out again, punch/kick them, repeat. The downside? This only garners you 10 points per successful blow until you kill the enemy and due to no timer, can be done as long as you are capable. Excessive use of this tactic will result in your score being disqualified, so be warned.
    Submission Message
    I played on the Japanese version of the game. I played on the Japanese version because the difficult mode on the Japanese is harder than the one on the American version which means enemies take more hits which gives you more points. The best way to get points is to use the uppercut, knee, or spin kick because they all give you 500 points. I mainly used the uppercut because it does less damage than the knee and is easier to do than the spin kick.

Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  2. 06-04-2021, 10:22 AM
    I believe I want to object to this submission. Per the rules, it is not played on Supreme Master difficulty. This is a different version of the game and the goal posts are moved very clearly as a result. Knowing this game as well as I do, I believe it near impossible at best (if not entirely impossible) to achieve a score this high using the North American version of this game.

If there were a way to prove that Difficult on the JP game were the exact same as the Supreme Master difficulty on the NA release, then I approve of this run. However this feels like it is being submitted on an improper track as my initial testing through emulator verifies that there is a large discrepancy between the two games. As is the case in the description by the player in their submission notes. These enemies have more health, which means you can land more wake up uppercuts and hurricane kicks. Each of which score 500 points. Knees also gain the player 500 points but they do significantly more damage than the hurricane kicks or the follow up uppercuts that can occur on the hurricane kick missing.
  3. 06-04-2021, 10:42 AM
    I'm going to agree with Freeko on this one. I don't believe we can accept this submission to this particular Points track. If this is a version that does not have an option that is specified in the rules (Supreme Master) then it does not seem to be an acceptable version to use for this particular track.

That being said there may be real merit to beginning to track the Japanese version of this game on Difficult setting. It does not appear that it's currently being tracked. I'd be happy to pony up some points to found the track.
  4. 06-04-2021, 11:15 AM
    I also would put forward points to establish the proper track for this submission. Gonna have to officially vote no as things stand, because its not the right track for this submission.
Join us