Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,272,800 - Robbie Lakeman

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 06-09-2021, 11:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by expandedidea View Post
    This looks like he didn't think John was using it, but that the idea came to him from somewhere else, and he was joyful. Somewhere along the line, I thought he started accusing John of being the one doing it. Perhaps to try to justify it. Those r my impressions, feedback welcome.
  2. 06-09-2021, 12:12 PM
    i could've been wrong about which came first. i was only trying help clarify to best of my ability on a tangent that i think shouldnt matter, but does matter to others and so i figured the sooner certain parts are agreed on the sooner that tangent can end.

i'm seeing a line of reason that takes the attitude of, it doesnt affect anything, its fine, no need to verify if others did it, but lets dig into if he thought it made a difference even though we know it doesnt. the sooner a tangent thats based on trying to see if someone played fairly but thought they were playing unfairly is over the better.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  3. 06-09-2021, 01:20 PM
    You've put an impressive amount of time into mastering this game. Congrats on a new PB and the WR again. 21k L1 is huge and with 144k Start. Love the meter at the end too; mesured at the board instead of the power supply, very comprehensive.
    Likes datagod, Robert.F liked this post
  4. 06-09-2021, 02:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Mitchell View Post
    You've put an impressive amount of time into mastering this game. Congrats on a new PB and the WR again. 21k L1 is huge and with 144k Start. Love the meter at the end too; mesured at the board instead of the power supply, very comprehensive.
    I would stop short of saying "comprehensive" when the video has no audio.
  5. 06-09-2021, 03:35 PM
    Hi Robbie, welcome to Twin Galaxy.

I know you are the best DK player in the world, I have no doubt in your abilities. Is there any way you can re-upload or attach a video version with sound?

I am going to abstain for now, but in the end I will likely vote to reject because of lack of sound. There have been cases in the past where a player has submitted scores with no sound in order to hide the fact they were doing something clearly against the rules (e.g. speedup hack, using MAME instead of arcade, using a bad romset when playing MAME, etc.)

Thanks for understanding my friend.
  6. 06-09-2021, 05:45 PM
    Ive watched the entire video. Accepted. Great game.

I decided that the sound was not a deal breaker, only preference and curiosity. Below is one of my first DK submissions. There is no sound coming from the cabinet. Before I got my own cabinet I would use this one at Game Galaxy here in TN. The sound module inside the cabinet was broken back then (and it probably still is). So this game/cabinet has no sound, therefore my submission had no sound. Everything you hear in the video is either me talking or the other games around it. This score was accepted by TG in november 2018.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...jGE3giVVuCs_8k

Congrats on the record!
    Likes Robert.F liked this post
  7. 06-09-2021, 05:52 PM
    i think Datagod Account been hack
    Likes datagod liked this post
  8. 06-09-2021, 05:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kerr View Post
    Ive watched the entire video. Accepted. Great game.

I decided that the sound was not a deal breaker, only preference and curiosity. Below is one of my first DK submissions. There is no sound coming from the cabinet. Before I got my own cabinet I would use this one at Game Galaxy here in TN. The sound module inside the cabinet was broken back then (and it probably still is). So this game/cabinet has no sound, therefore my submission had no sound. Everything you hear in the video is either me talking or the other games around it. This score was accepted by TG in november 2018.

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...jGE3giVVuCs_8k

Congrats on the record!
    THX kelly! this inspired me to look at your other subs. on this one you shared people could argue they didnt know and blind voted or whatever, but check out this one
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...BrJIlgNZGWetAc
    @Hermarai000 is the first comment and immediately comments on sound, proceeds to check out board and decides its fine @trivia212005 decides to abstain @redelf says it all checks out which then changes trivia's mind to accept @Muerto accepts

no further comments, no criticims and it closes fine with people fully aware of the lack of sound. Tagging those members as they're the only ones previously that vocalized their acceptance of a known no sound video
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  9. 06-09-2021, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    THX kelly! this inspired me to look at your other subs. on this one you shared people could argue they didnt know and blind voted or whatever, but check out this one
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...BrJIlgNZGWetAc
    @Hermarai000 is the first comment and immediately comments on sound, proceeds to check out board and decides its fine @trivia212005 decides to abstain @redelf says it all checks out which then changes trivia's mind to accept @Muerto accepts

no further comments, no criticims and it closes fine with people fully aware of the lack of sound. Tagging those members as they're the only ones previously that vocalized their acceptance of a known no sound video

Oh yeah, I remember that one. This was also around the time I tried to rectify the sound problem. I asked the arcade guy for help, he turned it up....but it never came up. Because it was broken! Hard to believe that was 3 years ago.
  10. 06-09-2021, 06:00 PM
    also i enjoy making new tracks. if people would prefer just create a new track for sound optional, voltage option, both optional i'm happy to make each one or all three. Let me know.
    Likes Barthax liked this post
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Join us