Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,272,800 - Robbie Lakeman

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 06-10-2021, 03:17 AM
    Voting no, and not because I don't think the score is legit - but because he has purposely muted sounds for some other purpose to prove some point.

Stop trying to bring the community down for you or Billy's agenda. Enjoy classic gaming for what it is and grow the f%*k up.
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass, Foot0fGod thanked this post
    Likes EVN, ProveAll, Fly, Foot0fGod, Muerto and 1 others liked this post
  2. 06-10-2021, 06:24 AM
    This submission is a joke.

If you're desperate to be 'number one', but lack the ability to be anything more than second best, and can't take the humiliation of being demoted down your most beloved scoreboard, pulling this type of stunt might be a way out of the competition you can't stand to lose.

Perhaps I'm wrong to say that, since it qualifies as speculation about why an experienced submitter would put up this garbage. But, I don't think anyone will argue that it is a clever move to submit footage of Donkey Kong gameplay, with sound deliberately removed, to this particular webiste.
    Likes ProveAll, Foot0fGod, John73 liked this post
  3. 06-10-2021, 06:50 AM
    Ooooh, controversy: we can't earwig so perhaps he's just having a private conversation. :P
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  4. 06-10-2021, 07:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Ooooh, controversy: we can't earwig so perhaps he's just having a private conversation. :P

or he was watching/listening to **** in the background?
    Likes Barthax, Snowflake liked this post
  5. 06-10-2021, 07:08 AM
    I'm quoting Ken and I hope he doesn't hate me for it but it provides information and new information is valuable. This is from a post at DKF:

"Tricky slippery slope here. Almost certainly the low voltage didnt positively effect his game, I'm sure stats will prove that out.

When I asked about the audio Robbie said "Ken House the sound was fine. I?m just editing out swearing, bitching, etc. I mean, unless you really want to hear that ". That seems reasonable, he is quite the complainer but seems inconsistent with previous streams and videos filled with that stuff without 2 F's givin what people think of it. After other players submitted allegedly faked games with certain aspects missing that would have cleared it up, you know, why would you?

Is the 'score' legit, probably. Is the submission of games where you are actively trying to manipulate the gameplay by manipulating hardware Ok? There is precedent for it, Asteroids was modified to get higher score per hour than original hardware but there were known examples of scores that uses speed up kits, not really apples to apples.

For the record I encouraged Robbie to look into weather or not the voltage would make a difference. I gave some hints on how to make lowering the voltage easier (its a pain to do on Nintendo arcade power supplies) I didnt think he would submit anything but a normal submission and the evidence would be clear to the observers one way or the other. This isn't that. The observers are missing a large portion or the evidence that the game is not effected by the lowering of the voltage,.

-Ken"
  6. 06-10-2021, 07:28 AM
    i feel like there are 3 basic issues at dkf about this and 2 issues here. but still the more than one issue is preveneting either i think from thoroughly being handled before bouncing to the other and then back.

i still maintain any rule needs to apply to all so if we're gonna insist on sound then yes sorry i know some people dont care about low scores or think they should have to follow the same rules but i do, any rule worth enforcing is worth enforcing everywhere.

Sounds a reasonable requirement to add, and i'm not gonna let my disagreement on potential future uneven enforcement distract me too much from what needs to be done in the present.

Robbie, i'd like to encourage you to add additional evidence of sound, thanks.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  7. 06-10-2021, 07:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Kerr View Post
    or he was watching/listening to **** in the background?
    which is known to affect blood flow, and the blood flow keeps us alert. I need to know exactly what it was so i wont be at a disadvantage and i can watch/listen to the same thing
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes Barthax, Craig Tubby liked this post
  8. 06-10-2021, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    which is known to affect blood flow, and the blood flow keeps us alert. I need to know exactly what it was so i wont be at a disadvantage and i can watch/listen to the same thing
    Depends on to where the blood is flowing I reckon...
  9. 06-10-2021, 10:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lexmark View Post
    NO IT DOESN'T. No on cares about 60K DK scores!

john

OUCH! That hurt my feeling! Ive only got one but you hurt that one!
    Likes Snowflake, Foot0fGod, Barthax liked this post
  10. 06-10-2021, 10:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Muerto View Post

The 2 games you compare, is light years apart, so of course a new WR is scrutinized even more than an 88k game.

Excuse me but I worked hard for that 88k.
    Sure its far from the world record but its the same game subject to the same rules. I guess on my next submission I dont need to show the board or have sound or anything because its not a world record! Is that what your saying? What about my 195k score? is that one worth your attention??
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Join us