Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,272,800 - Robbie Lakeman

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 06-11-2021, 12:07 AM
    DK thread with controversy, wow. "Robbie picked his nose with the wrong finger!!!" Oh, how the years have mired TG in unenforceable expectations. :P
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes Snowflake, Kelly Kerr, Mr2NuT123 liked this post
  2. 06-11-2021, 12:25 AM
    I think this is all complicated by a number of factors. For one, TG doesnt allow copyrighted music in submissions.
    Another issue is language. Some people cuss a lot when playing games. I am one of them.
    Another issue is the current political climate and 'cancel culture', whereas if a politically incorrect message or podcast is being broadcast in the background some people may have a negative reaction to the gamer for listening to said person/podcast.
    Or what if, in anger, a gamer reactively called Donkey Kong a (insert derogatory term here) after being killed by him, or innocently used some other term that is deemed politically incorrect?

I can think of several legitimate scenarios why a person may want to leave the sound off of their submission.

At the end of the day Jace has said in the past that we should vote based on whether we think a score is legitimate or not, not whether or not it checks all the boxes in our personal requirements. I believe the score to be legitimate. Most of the detractors even believe the score is legitimate.
    Therefore I am VOTING YES
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Likes Mitch Mitchell, Steve Jones liked this post
  3. 06-11-2021, 02:38 AM
    Cancel culture is a myth fabricated to scare white middle-aged voters and give people yet another excuse they can point to make them feel better about being wrong.

Aaaaanyway, you use the term detractors and it makes me wonder what you think people are trying to say here. I'm going to reiterate what I believe to be a reasonable notion - it is reasonable to abstain when there is missing evidence and it's reasonable to expect Robbie to answer some of the questions we have so we can vote in confidence. I would like to think that is a common sentiment amongst the abstainers and far from being a "detractor."
  4. 06-11-2021, 03:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDawn View Post
    Most of the detractors even believe the score is legitimate.

I suspect the score is legitimate, but we've been given a disappointing evidence package.
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass, Foot0fGod thanked this post
    Likes John73 liked this post
  5. 06-11-2021, 08:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    @Snowflake I mentioned earlier in response to you that I wasn't sure there was even a voltage tolerance definition but it would seem the primary chip tolerance is 5V ± .25V

As far as we know this was within range because when the resolution of the meter only goes to the tenth it's not fine enough to measure the hundredth.
    Well, actually the meter has two decimals of accuracy because it bounces in-between 4.69 and 4.70 in the video.
    Donkey Kong (arcade/3 men): 1,108,100
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass, Snowflake, Foot0fGod thanked this post
  6. 06-11-2021, 08:29 AM

I uploaded the new video with sound in this submission, and on YouTube. I had to edit out excessive swearing, and other sayings that could be used against me later in the form of mockery, since other players have done that to me in the past. Thanks again everyone for being so patient!
  7. 06-11-2021, 08:48 AM
    Likes Robbie Lakeman, Robert.F liked this post
  8. 06-11-2021, 08:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbie Lakeman View Post
    I uploaded the new video with sound in this submission, and on YouTube. I had to edit out excessive swearing, and other sayings that could be used against me later in the form of mockery, since other players have done that to me in the past. Thanks again everyone for being so patient!
    I approved your video. I've seen enough DK after playing arcade the last 13-14 years that I could spot if something was off. I'm just curious why did you go out of your way to show a voltage reading that ended up being on the low end? There was no reason to show that. Either way, it appears it didn't affect the game at all in my experience/opinion. Congrats!
    Donkey Kong (arcade/3 men): 1,108,100
    Likes Fly, Robert.F liked this post
  9. 06-11-2021, 02:06 PM
    Would you upload the full audio to somewhere besides TG? Audio gaps aren't a trivial issue. Audio gaps are the number one way to catch spliced footage. It's just inviting the devil to let one of the most common forms of faking runs become an acceptable standard. If you're going to cut the audio, you might as well not show the board. Or your face. Or anything beyond general film of gameplay of no particular standard and we'll just decide who is trustworthy and who isn't based on gut feeling and tea leaves.
  10. 06-11-2021, 03:07 PM
    I will, however, consider moving myself to abstain, though I won't do it yet because I still feel 'no' is correct. For me, audio gaps in non-live play are too far. Honestly if there were any two of : it being live, audio losses being minimal, hands or 2nd angle being recorded, some kind of consistent indicator of time, I could say "okay, it's flawed, but the whole evidence pack together is convincing and extremely hard to replicate as fake." This would just be too easy to replicate as fake because you can splice anywhere there is audio loss.

I find this whole seemingly intentionally botched evidence pack extremely annoying and in bad faith. But I'm willing to move to "abstain' and analyze further. Especially because I do think the score is legit, just that this is the kind of standard and behavior that can't be tolerated. It will fall into the wrong hands.
    Likes lexmark liked this post
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Join us