Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,272,800 - Robbie Lakeman

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,272,800 - Robbie Lakeman

06-08-2021, 09:29 PM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    Points [Hammer Allowed]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=22
    Rank
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank:
    1-7 = OFF
    8 = ON/OFF [Upright/Cocktail]

Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings:

Number of Jumpman: 3
    Score Level for Extra Jumpman: 7,000 Points
    Submission Message

2. 06-08-2021, 11:33 PM
    Where's the sound, game is so much better with sound.
    Thanks Fly thanked this post
    Likes RedDawn, Barra, wwdkong, 80sArcadeKid, John73 and 1 others liked this post
  3. 06-09-2021, 05:58 AM
    Where is the sound?
    Likes John73 liked this post
  4. 06-09-2021, 06:05 AM
    i know donkey kong historically had higher standards than other games (while also lower standards depending on who was submitting), and sound in particular has been a source of suspicion, but this shows the board. For my education, is there something sound catches that a board showing and gameplay combined cant?
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  5. 06-09-2021, 06:16 AM
    Yes! You are correct, he did show the board but im just mostly curious as to where the sound is. So far, this is great and im enjoying watching. Lakeman is season pro at this and im sure not having the sound is just an oversight. It happens. At this point its just a question of "is the sound important when he did show the board?"

So far, great run. Back to watching.....
  6. 06-09-2021, 06:41 AM
    I'll find some links if I can but I'm on my work PC so I can't look at FB. Anyway Robbie has openly discussed modifying the voltage to try to affect RNG. If someone messed with the voltage I bet the sound gets screwy. I don't know that. But amidst discussion of tampering with how the hardware runs, I can't suggest anyone blindly accept this with no sound being present. I am not suggesting this is a bad run. The evidence is simply incomplete.

Please provide video that includes sound.
  7. 06-09-2021, 06:41 AM
    fellow TG members be like:

Likes Robert.F liked this post
  8. 06-09-2021, 10:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i know donkey kong historically had higher standards than other games (while also lower standards depending on who was submitting), and sound in particular has been a source of suspicion, but this shows the board. For my education, is there something sound catches that a board showing and gameplay combined cant?
    When Steve Wiebe's score was removed for been having played on Double DK board I believe the way this was discovered was through the sounds on the game. One of the sounds in DK is different when played on a double DK, and thats how it was discovered, to my understanding. I believe showing the board wouldn't necessarily catch this because its a rom swap, again from my understanding, I could be wrong.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  9. 06-09-2021, 10:34 PM
    It's easy.

No sound no did :)

john

Likes Fly, EVN, Foot0fGod, ersatz_cats liked this post
  10. 06-09-2021, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDawn View Post
    When Steve Wiebe's score was removed for been having played on Double DK board I believe the way this was discovered was through the sounds on the game. One of the sounds in DK is different when played on a double DK, and thats how it was discovered, to my understanding. I believe showing the board wouldn't necessarily catch this because its a rom swap, again from my understanding, I could be wrong.
    pedantic me: checking the board would catch this because its a modified dk jr board. thats why the sound is off, it used dk jr sounds.
    unsure me: even dk jr would be caught because of modificaton to the board, its more than just a rom overwrite, but i dont know if these can be easily seen
    https://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/...d/ddk/ddk.html

reasonable me: all that aside, point taken. while i'm arguing with your example, roms can be hacked. This does of course mean going forward we're gonna have to insist on sound for all dk scores, i dont wanna deal with the headache of someone without sound slowly getting better and better where we accepted an early low score with no sound and have to decide exactly when he/she has gotten good enough that we're adding sound as requirement. I'm not suggesting going back and disputing anything, just for future scores though.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes bensweeneyonbass liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us