Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,272,800 - Robbie Lakeman

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Donkey Kong - Points [Hammer Allowed] - 1,272,800 - Robbie Lakeman

06-08-2021, 09:29 PM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    Points [Hammer Allowed]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=22
    Rank
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank:
    1-7 = OFF
    8 = ON/OFF [Upright/Cocktail]

Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings:

Number of Jumpman: 3
    Score Level for Extra Jumpman: 7,000 Points
    Submission Message

2. 06-08-2021, 11:33 PM
    Where's the sound, game is so much better with sound.
    Thanks Fly thanked this post
    Likes RedDawn, Barra, wwdkong, 80sArcadeKid, John73 and 1 others liked this post
  3. 06-09-2021, 05:58 AM
    Where is the sound?
    Likes John73 liked this post
  4. 06-09-2021, 06:05 AM
    i know donkey kong historically had higher standards than other games (while also lower standards depending on who was submitting), and sound in particular has been a source of suspicion, but this shows the board. For my education, is there something sound catches that a board showing and gameplay combined cant?
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  5. 06-09-2021, 06:16 AM
    Yes! You are correct, he did show the board but im just mostly curious as to where the sound is. So far, this is great and im enjoying watching. Lakeman is season pro at this and im sure not having the sound is just an oversight. It happens. At this point its just a question of "is the sound important when he did show the board?"

So far, great run. Back to watching.....
  6. 06-09-2021, 06:41 AM
    I'll find some links if I can but I'm on my work PC so I can't look at FB. Anyway Robbie has openly discussed modifying the voltage to try to affect RNG. If someone messed with the voltage I bet the sound gets screwy. I don't know that. But amidst discussion of tampering with how the hardware runs, I can't suggest anyone blindly accept this with no sound being present. I am not suggesting this is a bad run. The evidence is simply incomplete.

Please provide video that includes sound.
  7. 06-09-2021, 06:41 AM
    fellow TG members be like:

Likes Robert.F liked this post
  8. 06-09-2021, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    I'll find some links if I can but I'm on my work PC so I can't look at FB. Anyway Robbie has openly discussed modifying the voltage to try to affect RNG. If someone messed with the voltage I bet the sound gets screwy. I don't know that. But amidst discussion of tampering with how the hardware runs, I can't suggest anyone blindly accept this with no sound being present. I am not suggesting this is a bad run. The evidence is simply incomplete.

Please provide video that includes sound.
    thx ben you've explicitly stated what others i think hinted at and what i wanted to get people to say.

if this is rejected not in isolation, but because of robbies earlier experimentation and comments, does that mean if someone else had a submission exactly like this it would be accepted? i can understand submitting without sound getting a reject, but i wanna make sure that'd be a reject for everyone and not just robbie. It would remind too much of how roy giving steve his board was in part the stated reason as well as the "gummy substance" which i got the impression they wouldnt have minded a gummy substance if it didnt come from roy. I strongly feel evidence requirements should be in a vacuum and either something is a problem or it isnt. if robbie can cheat without sound, so can someone else. if steve and roy could cheat with a gummy substance so could someone else.

The only exception i can think to doing things in a vacuum is if theres complete consistency -- you know, banned cheaters. if someone is deemed to untrusworthy to accept even normally acceptable subs, then fine, but even then its explicilty stated to be about the person. It its about the person, thats fine, be explicit on that, if its about the evidence thats fine be explicit about that, but i have concerns about bouncing between both reasons.
  9. 06-09-2021, 06:53 AM
    as for voltage in particular, i've been under the impression robbie wants everyone to have to prove their voltage. i noticed he did use a voltmeter. if the reason for sound is to check voltage, then i would imagine demanding the volt meter as well going forward should be a new requirement? Also i'm not a tech but is 4.7 in tolerance range?
    Name:  image.png
Views: 735
Size:  883.6 KB
  10. 06-09-2021, 06:58 AM
    Easy accept. I've watched Robbie since I started playing DK, and always been inspired by his aggressive 'sod the risk' play style. Having no sound is no concern, and Robbies IT skills wouldn't allow him to tamper with the video (sorry Robbie, but it's true! lol). That sound, it would be cool to have the sound as it's more enjoyable to watch. It was likely removed as he listens to podcasts with a lot of swearing.

It was apparent from watching his last few streams on Twitch, that this was going to drop soon as he was very focused.

Regarding the voltage drop, so long as the game plays, this theory has been shot down by the entire community as nothing but placebo. If it gets rejected for tampering purposes, the entire scoreboard should be reset, and every player should have to prove voltages moving forward for an even playing field.

Hard work pays off, congrats for breaking the WR yet again Robbie.
    Likes Muerto liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Join us