Dispute: william rosa - Atari 2600 / VCS - Kaboom! - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - Player: Ken Vance - Snowflake

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: william rosa - Atari 2600 / VCS - Kaboom! - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points) - Player: Ken Vance - Snowflake

06-15-2021, 11:17 AM
    Atari 2600 / VCS - Kaboom! - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B (Points)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=3787
    Rank

Rules
    Difficulty switch must be set to B position.
    Any other settings should remain default upon boot-up.
    Player Name
    Ken Vance
    Original Adjudication
    N/A
    Verification Method
    Referee
    Verification Date
    2001-06-06
    Disputed Score
    160,866 (Rank 7)
    Disputed By
    Snowflake
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    http://www.ataricompendium.com/archi...visions_v1.pdf

this was imported from activisions newsletter with link above. I see two reasons to dispute this, but they contradict so i'll leave it to admin to decide which one to follow

1. TG has removed imported scores before once the import was found. Twin Galaxies didnt record kaboom scores in the 80s so that alone tells you this is an import but additionally we find the source here. As a side note, this is the same newsletter that validated todd's 5.51 so this source in particular TG has already effectively declared untrustworthy
    2. mame scores are being disputed, not to remove but simply to add the additional evidence of the inp. I'm honestly fine with this score staying, but if it does stay I think it should be documented that its an activisions import. for this reason i wont object if this dispute is immediately inactivated since i'll be satisfied simply having this info attached. I guess my only recommendation would be to change verification method from referee to activisions.
    Thanks Garrett Holland, Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
    Likes GregDeg, Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  2. 06-15-2021, 07:12 PM
    I favor outright removal. I have found no evidence suggesting that this score was ever submitted to TwinGalaxies either by an affiliate or the player. Im willing to change my position if such evidence is shown to exist.
    Likes Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  3. 06-15-2021, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    I favor outright removal. I have found no evidence suggesting that this score was ever submitted to TwinGalaxies either by an affiliate or the player. Im willing to change my position if such evidence is shown to exist.
    considering very few activisions (not i'm not misspelling activision, the magazine by activision was named activisions, 's' at end intentional) scores made it to tg i think its reasonable to conclude that no activisions was not an affiliate. I'm aware of this one and todd rogers but i havent looked through all.

it is weird some made it in and not others, so i cant rule out ken or a friend of ken requested it, but even in that case if kens only proof was that activisions verified him i still dont think that even deserves the referee stamp, it needs an affiliate or activisions stamp.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
Join us