TurboGrafx-16 - World Sports Competition - Furthest Distance [Field - Hammer Throw] - 85.150 - Roger Edwin Blair 111

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. TurboGrafx-16 - World Sports Competition - Furthest Distance [Field - Hammer Throw] - 85.150 - Roger Edwin Blair 111

06-17-2021, 07:28 AM
    vzaar-player

Furthest Distance [Field - Hammer Throw]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=120831
    Rank

Rules
    Training Mode, 1 Player Only, Must Enter Initials, Any Type, Any Uniform, Field - Hammer Throw
    Special Rules: You don't need to qualify for your attempt to count. Turbo usage is strictly prohibited!
    Submission Message

Hardware/settings in beginning, throw at 3:53.
    Just an improvement, and I'll inevitably attempt to improve this one, as I didn't quite beat the preset W/R, which is I guess the eventual goal on these, I'm sure I can get the right angles-this one is 45 degrees, I'm pretty sure(but good luck doing that on purpose, y'know...).
    Quite possibly the WORST honest attempt to "show hands" in the history of taping, lol, I really did try, but I'm just too lazy to get everything "just so".
    Pretty sure you can see/get the gist of it tho, I'm not actually even holding the controller, and it's basically vertical in front of me.
    Nice thing here-it IS fast-tapping to make it happen, but it doesn't really take brutal mashing to do it, just steady, so it doesn't hurt too bad, plus I get to use my left(non-injured)hand for the hard part!
    OK.
    Thanks Everyone!!!
    Haven't seen Matt in ages, good Guy, miss him.

2. 06-17-2021, 07:49 AM
    It's all checked out. Voting YES!
    Congratulations Poco!!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 06-17-2021, 07:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulisses Patriota View Post
    It's all checked out. Voting YES!
    Congratulations Poco!!
    This system is TOTALLY new to me, an old but new again Friend gave it to me, no charge, and the cart was a Birthday present.
    It was still on the shelves at stores, and inexpensive, when I had my own jobs and stuff, but I just never considered it.
    There WON'T be much I can score on(tho I could see you being good at the games, actually), but it's awfully fun to have and explore!
    Thanks!!!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  4. 06-17-2021, 08:01 AM
    What a coincidence!
    I also started discovering this console recently. I didn't win this console, but a friend sold me for a price well below the market. I bought an everdrive. I just don't have the CD player. But it already guarantees a lot of fun on PCEngine.
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  5. 06-17-2021, 08:12 AM
    What a coincidence!
    I also started discovering this console recently. I didn't win this console, but a friend sold me for a price well below the market. I bought an everdrive. I just don't have the CD player. But it already guarantees a lot of fun on PCEngine.
    Well, again, my "lazy"-you notice I HAVE the CD player-as far as I know, it doesn't work.
    I haven't messed with it much, but it doesn't seem to spin, and Ryan told me that they pretty much break if you sneeze to hard around one, haha!

Good Luck on it, again, I know you'll do well!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks Ulisses Patriota thanked this post
  6. 06-17-2021, 08:21 AM
    That's that... these game game CDs of this era were fragile.
    I know that there is an Everdrive that run the games released on CD. But it's too expensive.

Soon I'll have more time to get back to TG. A phase of the professional qualification test has passed. I'm now in the second and final phase.
    Likes Rogerpoco, Garrett Holland liked this post
  7. 06-17-2021, 08:22 AM
    I know that there is an Everdrive that run the games released on CD. But it's too expensive.

Soon I'll have more time to get back to TG. A phase of the professional qualification test has passed. I'm now in the second and final phase.
    Yeah... these game CD players of this time were fragile.
    I know there is an Everdrive that play games released on CD. But, it's soooo expensive.

Soon I will have more time to get back to TG with everything. One phase of the professional qualification test has passed. I am now in the second and final phase.
  8. 06-17-2021, 08:59 AM

DUDE, it's like almost 300 usd!!!
    NO WAY!!!
    :P

Big Congrats to you on the testing!!!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks Ulisses Patriota thanked this post
    Likes Ulisses Patriota liked this post
  9. 06-17-2021, 09:20 AM
    I know PC Engine Duo's are built a bit better compared to the original Turbo CD. They are great for cards and CD titles and slightly cheaper then the North American models.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerpoco View Post
    Well, again, my "lazy"-you notice I HAVE the CD player-as far as I know, it doesn't work.
    I haven't messed with it much, but it doesn't seem to spin, and Ryan told me that they pretty much break if you sneeze to hard around one, haha!

Good Luck on it, again, I know you'll do well!
    -Ohya, baby! I'm the first ever dude on the planet to get a documented PERFECT score on Bonk's Adventure!
    I also have a high score on Alfred Chicken.... yeah, not as good.
    http://videogames101.com
    or http://www.youtube.com/user/starsoldier1
  10. 06-17-2021, 08:29 PM
    The CD are not that fragile :-) what the problem is, is the middle gear on the "piggyback" units was made with a non nylon plastic and the other two are higher quality. I repair these systems all the time and its a real easy fix, even when the laser needs some adjustment its not that hard :-)

Congrats on getting a TG it is the best system to ever grace the market and I own dozens of consoles and every game released in the US and although the US library was super small most of the game were far superior to even the Genesis and SNES.

If you need any help getting your CD unit working let me know i would be glad to help you get it running again.

Also a yes vote :-)
    Likes RedDawn, Garrett Holland liked this post
Join us