Nintendo Game Cube - Crazy Taxi - NTSC - 1-1: Crazy Jump [Farthest Distance] - 354.91 - Dau

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Game Cube - Crazy Taxi - NTSC - 1-1: Crazy Jump [Farthest Distance] - 354.91 - Dau

06-17-2021, 04:19 PM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    NTSC - 1-1: Crazy Jump [Farthest Distance]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=110934
    Rank
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Record attempt was performed live on Twitch. The video uploaded is a clip from that stream. A full uncut version of the whole stream will be upload on my YouTube channel.

2. 06-17-2021, 11:09 PM
    Any chance you can upload the entire video here?
    Likes Mr2NuT123 liked this post
  3. 06-17-2021, 11:57 PM
    I saw most of these on Twitch, so voting yes. Please add URL of the YouTube video so the entire video can be verified.
  4. 06-18-2021, 02:31 AM
    Welcome to Twin Galaxies, Daniel. :D

Only evidence uploaded directly to Twin Galaxies can be used in the adjudication process, so please do upload the uncut version - there's an Add Video Evidence button (or similarly named button) at the top of the page.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  5. 06-18-2021, 01:58 PM
    I wasn't sure what the correct process was. I could upload the entire video but it's two and a half hours long since I went for breaking every crazy box record in one stream. I already cut clips of all of the successful attempts, should I then include a link to the full video as well?
    Likes Barthax, Garrett Holland liked this post
  6. 06-18-2021, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dau View Post
    I wasn't sure what the correct process was. I could upload the entire video but it's two and a half hours long since I went for breaking every crazy box record in one stream. I already cut clips of all of the successful attempts, should I then include a link to the full video as well?
    Absolutely the whole video: cut it up & post all parts if it's more than 5GB. I've posted 3 hour+ videos for a 24 seconds of footage. Nothing hidden. :)

If it's the same video for multiple submissions, post it once and then use the "Reply with Quote" to see the vzaar code which references your video: just post that vzaar tag in the next submission - community will help out with that. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Dau thanked this post
    Likes Garrett Holland liked this post
  7. 06-18-2021, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Absolutely the whole video: cut it up & post all parts if it's more than 5GB. I've posted 3 hour+ videos for a 24 seconds of footage. Nothing hidden. :)

If it's the same video for multiple submissions, post it once and then use the "Reply with Quote" to see the vzaar code which references your video: just post that vzaar tag in the next submission - community will help out with that. :D
    Alright, I'm currently uploading the full video as well. I'll try doing that on my future submissions as well since I have 18 in total right now for this game...

Thanks again for the help!
    Thanks Pixe Sukola, Garrett Holland thanked this post
  8. 06-18-2021, 08:47 PM
    I'll try doing that on my future submissions as well since I have 18 in total right now for this game...
    Perfect! The onus is on adjudicators to not be lazy and simply skip forward in the video to the attempt relevant to that submission.

The general consensus seems to be that a full, unedited video that may even include several hours of unrelated or irrelevant attempts is MUCH more preferred than a truncated video that only includes the submitted attempt. It's a consensus with which I concur.
  9. 06-18-2021, 10:00 PM
    Alright, I'm currently uploading the full video as well. I'll try doing that on my future submissions as well since I have 18 in total right now for this game...

Thanks again for the help!
    Excellent. So if you quote your own OP you'll see the additional evidence references a video number inside vzaar tags:

vzaar-player

During your next submission using this footage, on the video tab of the submission form just reference the video by URL:

Name:  Screenshot from 2021-06-19 06-57-10.png
Views: 30
Size:  32.5 KB

No additional upload necessary. :D

One last thing: your footage doesn't contain boot up of the console - definitely include that on any future recordings intended for TG. If you're using OBS, by all means start the local record before streaming if it's your preference to not show the boot up on stream but the boot up is expected around here.
    Thanks Pixe Sukola, Dau thanked this post
  10. 06-19-2021, 10:12 AM
    Playing Crazy Taxi and listening to music using Winamp, is this the year 2000? Did my experiment work and we went back 21 years?

Welcome to Twin Galaxies!

Nice times, I'm glad to see somebody submitting scores to this game, only myself and a couple of other people have submitted to the gamecube version. I'll try later to take some of the scores back :)

The ultimate challenge is to beat the records in the Dreamcast version, those guys are crazy good.

Like Barthax said, for future submissions please start recording from the boot up of the console. I'm voting Yes on this one and the ones that derivate from the same video.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Dau thanked this post
Join us