- Sam McKenzie

This poll is closed
  1. - Sam McKenzie

06-17-2021, 05:58 PM
    Sorry if this has been asked before, it's my first time posting. I have a GBA with a backlight mod but I'm not sure if it's allowed when submitting?
  2. 06-19-2021, 07:48 PM
    i'd have to ask about the mod, if its display only its hard to see how thats any different than just replacing a monitor. people cant even argue it gives an advantage (which it does) considering that playing it on the tv with any number of devices that are allowed also gives the same advantage.

my opinion would be to allow it, the purist in me will always congratulate people and encourage all original, but the adjudicator in me will put that aside and have no problem with it.

best thing to do is just submit and see where the community lands on it. my honest guess is others likely feel simliar to me and will accept it provided it really is display only and doesnt actually affect the processor.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes SamMcKenzie liked this post
  3. 06-19-2021, 08:05 PM
    I would have no problem with it
    Likes SamMcKenzie liked this post
  4. 08-30-2021, 10:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SamMcKenzie View Post
    Sorry if this has been asked before, it's my first time posting. I have a GBA with a backlight mod but I'm not sure if it's allowed when submitting?
    What were you worried about when you used the mod?
  5. 09-04-2021, 08:29 AM
    I'd have no problem with it. No different to people using super game boy on SNES to play GB games which has been done loads of times on here.

Granted there is an advantage but it's like saying if i turn on a dim lamp vs a bright modern LED lamp I'm getting a better view so i have an advantage. It's one I'm personally willing to overlook.
Join us