Post Verdict Dispute - Robert T Mruczek - Kaboom (2600) - 999,999

    This poll is closed
  1. 06-23-2021, 06:58 AM
    @RTM to your recollections, there was one recollection i'm surprised never came up or maybe it did and i missed it. Do you even recall setting this score or submitting this score? We've been focusing on not believing the score happened you've been focusing on any mistake is rons fault and not yours. We could be both right if you never did the score, never submitted it, and soemone else wrongly entered it. Any chance of that? I'm not talking about you remembering getting it in the 80s, i'm talking about if you remember doing it again and submitting it to tg
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes Scott S. liked this post
  2. 06-23-2021, 08:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    As usual, most of your diatribe here has no relevance to the subject.



    That's completely false. There's already been several discussions proving TG had and used computers back in the early 1980s for tracking scores:

    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...3-!!?p=1083697

    http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/f...?topic=6889.15


    RTM REPLY - not false...misinformed. I never knew there were computers back in the day so I responded based on what I thought was the case in that era. Remember, I was not a TG staffer until 2001. Call it what you will, I simply did not know...and now I do.
  3. 06-23-2021, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    @RTM to your recollections, there was one recollection i'm surprised never came up or maybe it did and i missed it. Do you even recall setting this score or submitting this score? We've been focusing on not believing the score happened you've been focusing on any mistake is rons fault and not yours. We could be both right if you never did the score, never submitted it, and soemone else wrongly entered it. Any chance of that? I'm not talking about you remembering getting it in the 80s, i'm talking about if you remember doing it again and submitting it to tg


    RTM REPLY - Jace was sent all relevant information, recollections, etc, on the matter, including what you are looking for. Ask Jace.
  4. 06-23-2021, 08:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    I'm not on Facebook, fool.


    RTM REPLY - nope, just a fool.
  5. 06-23-2021, 08:45 AM
    ok, i asked here as suggested.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php/217578-Dispute-Brandon-Finton-Atari-2600-VCS-Kaboom!-NTSC-Game-1-Difficulty-B-(Points)-Player-Robert-T-Mruczek-Score-999-999?p=1123988#post1123988

    i have to preface this with of course making duplicate threads is within your rights, also private messaging jace, then telling us to ask him is also within your rights it makes extra hoops i never understood. You seem fine with jace sharing the info, so if its not private and gonna wind up being public anyway seems like a lot of time from everyoone could be saved just posting it. just an opinion/preference i'm not suggesting your violating and TOS
    Likes Scott S. liked this post
  6. 06-23-2021, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM
    not false...misinformed. I never knew there were computers back in the day so I responded based on what I thought was the case in that era. Remember, I was not a TG staffer until 2001. Call it what you will, I simply did not know...and now I do.
    I call it a mistake, can you? Nope, I don't think you're capable of admitting to that. You'd rather blame someone else.

    Yes, TG was around for some 20 years before you joined it, and yet you'll make some crazy left-field statement like "TG didn't have computers back then, only pen and paper." That's called making wild assumptions based on your warped logic. The only consistency with you is that you're going keep on doing it. Like your assumption I used an alternate Asteroids board, or that your VCS Donkey Kong cartridge is different from everyone else's, or that there's no difference between NTSC, PAL, and emulators, or that......

    You don't know what you don't know... and you never will.
  7. 06-23-2021, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - Jace was sent all relevant information, recollections, etc, on the matter, including what you are looking for. Ask Jace.
    as you sent it over privately, jace wont hand over private conversatoins. you could answer yousrelf, or you could ask jace to make it public and he'll grant the request. i suspected this would be the result, but i decided to at least try and see if this was a sincere offer. I'll still give you the benefi of the doubt you were being sincere and just didnt realize jace wont share without your express permission
    Likes Scott S. liked this post
  8. 06-23-2021, 08:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    I call it a mistake, can you? Nope, I don't think you're capable of admitting to that. You'd rather blame someone else.

    Yes, TG was around for some 20 years before you joined it, and yet you'll make some crazy left-field statement like "TG didn't have computers back then, only pen and paper." That's called making wild assumptions based on your warped logic. The only consistency with you is that you're going keep on doing it. Like your assumption I used an alternate Asteroids board, or that your VCS Donkey Kong cartridge is different from everyone else's, or that there's no difference between NTSC, PAL, and emulators, or that......

    You don't know what you don't know... and you never will.
    Then why even bother? Why bash someone when they go out of their way to explain what they remember? You do understand if Robert was really this awful person you make him out to be, he wouldn't even give you or this entire discussion the time of day. But I guess you don't know what you don't know... and you never will.

    To the mods, I'm getting tired of these people trying to find SOMETHING to whip over and over like Robert assuming TG did pen and paper back in the '80s and that being called 'warped logic'. It's perfectly reasonable to have made an assumption like that. My father is a pharmacist and has been for 40+ years. You know what he had to use in the '80s? Pen and paper. Completely impossible now with that profession, but back then, a lot of professions did. Oh but what am I saying? I'm starting to sound 'warped'.
    Thanks RTM thanked this post
  9. 06-24-2021, 12:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    I call it a mistake, can you? Nope, I don't think you're capable of admitting to that. You'd rather blame someone else.

    Yes, TG was around for some 20 years before you joined it, and yet you'll make some crazy left-field statement like "TG didn't have computers back then, only pen and paper." That's called making wild assumptions based on your warped logic. The only consistency with you is that you're going keep on doing it. Like your assumption I used an alternate Asteroids board, or that your VCS Donkey Kong cartridge is different from everyone else's, or that there's no difference between NTSC, PAL, and emulators, or that......

    You don't know what you don't know... and you never will.

    Stilphen, you were a troll back in 2004 and a troll 17 years later, still using terms like "warped logic" and "crazy left-field" and more. Why not post that statement I made about TG not having computers in 1987 and prior to your Atari Compendium site, while you're at it, while leaving out my follow-up that I did not know ? You may as well at this point as it further suits your cause.

    I am done replying to any garbage that you say at this point. If you can't accept someone making an honest mistake you are a lost cause.
  10. 06-24-2021, 12:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    ok, i asked here as suggested.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...88#post1123988

    i have to preface this with of course making duplicate threads is within your rights, also private messaging jace, then telling us to ask him is also within your rights it makes extra hoops i never understood. You seem fine with jace sharing the info, so if its not private and gonna wind up being public anyway seems like a lot of time from everyoone could be saved just posting it. just an opinion/preference i'm not suggesting your violating and TOS
    RTM REPLY - there is no mystery here...Jace has ALL of my responses, in detail. He can respond to this if he wishes. You can write to him if you choose to do so. He has all of my answers.

    To ask if I do not recollect submitting that score is quite honestly ridiculous. Of COURSE I do. But ask me the same question about submitting a score on some obscure MAME title like "Tropical Gal", whatever that title is where the girl is holding on to the back of the boat on water skis, and I won't remember as it's too obscure and not fresh in memory, and whether I did or not, I don't really care at this point.

    Some scores for the 2600 I remember quite well, like "Frankenstein's Monster" and "Tutankham". Others I remember NOT submitting for but wishing that I did, like "Raiders of the Lost Ark". Were there any that Corcoran did not enter ? Possible, but at this point I neither know nor care. EDIT - and let me qualify "quite well" before a certain troll chimes in. I remember for GM and Tut doing the scores, I remember ballpark the scores, but NOT when they were submitted by year/month/day. And there's nothing wrong with that. Only a "Rain Man" would remember all the details after so many years. I remember FM was basically a good run save for touching 3 bats and 1 fall and was mid-4K range, and "Tut" was over 3K for sure but can't remember if I passed 4K...but at the time it was a top score until beaten (just like FM was)

    I am stepping away from this matter now and all others. These submissions are largely now all from 2004 thru 1998 or so, and that's 17-23 years prior. If you expect me to remember details 5-10 years from now, then this whole dispute system needs to be re-thought as that would be/will be completely unrealistic.

    I took a look at someone's request at the referee-base as of point in time 6/11/04, and when it came up in the Wayback machine I saw names that I had completely forgotten about until I saw it...Graham Dingsdale, Pablo Bert, Iacapo Scorce and a few others. Too many years have gone by, and these names, regardless of their length and scope of service, I simply forgot over time. It happens. And I am sure that in time there will be even more names that I forget as there were well over a thousand gamers that I dealt with in the 2001-2006 range. I cannot possibly be expected to remember them all, so why should I be expected to remember whether I submitted a score on (ex) "Wall Street" for MAME and, if so, what the score was ? I remember establishing a few hundred "Inaugural scores" for MAME which ramped up my WR count to the 447 number at one point years back, which over time reverted back to where it should be as back then an inaugural score was required else gamers could not view the rules, the way the old database was designed pre-Brien King.

    But realistically, I am stepping back. I will help out Jace when I can and that's it.

    Hoping the tips I sent you on "Pete" help...I'm assuming you were too much in shock to say thanks and will leave it at that.

    Robert
    Last edited by RTM; 06-24-2021 at 04:31 AM. Reason: Edited the answer "quite well" for sake of clarity
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 95
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Join us