Post Verdict Dispute - Robert T Mruczek - Kaboom (2600) - 999,999

This poll is closed
  1. 07-09-2021, 12:51 PM
    one more thing, i had forgotten all about this thread. last comment was a week ago. people had moved on. whats a matter mruczek? no other thread to necro? no new criticisms of you surfaced for you to cry victim, but ever desperate for a fight you had to go restart an old fight that was finished?

i used to think you just always wanted your way and couldnt handled any disagreement. Now i'm starting to think you live for disagreement. Just cant leave well enough alone can you.

i'm sure we'll get a dozen more nonsense long winded angry responses from you, followed by you swearing to leave this site and never come back. "gone for good" i believe your often repeated phrase is. Probably some threats about how all who oppose you will be banned. maybe some more insults for roy, walter, or anyone else who left you alone for years. yes, i imagine we'll see all this. anything except you actually put up a half way decent score with video proof.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  2. 07-10-2021, 05:42 AM
    . . . . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    William R. was right. Mruczek (RTM) was and is wrong.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  3. 07-12-2021, 08:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    RTM REPLY - once again you do not know what the hell you are talking about here. These posts are from 2002...no one at TG knew about Ron's issues yet. No one outside of Ron and Todd had any inkling about score validation conspiracies involving the two. As far as we knew at that time, Ron was doing his job validating Todd's scores, period.
    That's exactly the sense I got when you were defending Todd back then. I remember I started breaking you down in private emails about Todd's scores until you had to admit there were WAY too many fishy entries. Then you couldn't get him to send a clip of any of the top ten most suspect scores. Not even one second of any of them (because they were all either impossible or near impossible).

As for Donkey Kong, I remember it took a LONG time for you to get any tapes from Todd on that one. So long in fact that I gave up even bothering to challenge the authenticity of that score. I had already won my case in my own mind when Ron confessed he never actually possessed Todd's tapes on that score.
    Thanks RTM thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  4. 07-12-2021, 08:20 AM
    What still boggles my mind about the donkey Kong Atari debate is the ending digits were literally impossible

forget alleged alternative roms and any other nonsense all anyone had to do was read the manual or play the game just once to see the ending digits were impossible

of course we know from wabbit that truly impossible digits on a Todd score is deemed as “picking nits” and the impossible scores should be rounded to a possible one

crazy

makes me wonder how many other scores were rounded to cover up cheating
    Likes Scott S. liked this post
  5. 07-12-2021, 03:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fbx
    I remember I started breaking you down in private emails about Todd's scores until you had to admit there were WAY too many fishy entries. Then you couldn't get him to send a clip of any of the top ten most suspect scores. Not even one second of any of them (because they were all either impossible or near impossible).
    Yep, Mruczek had every reason to remove Rogers' scores and ban him years ago, but instead chose to do nothing except remove a handful of them.

As for Donkey Kong, I remember it took a LONG time for you to get any tapes from Todd on that one. So long in fact that I gave up even bothering to challenge the authenticity of that score. I had already won my case in my own mind when Ron confessed he never actually possessed Todd's tapes on that score.
    Mruczek gave several reasons for removing Roger's Donkey Kong score. Let's run over that old ground yet again...

https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...-Summary/page7

The very 1st reason Mruczek offered for removing Roger's DK score was that Rogers took too many breaks, which is yet another completely unfounded assumption of his, for how could he have made such a claim if he never saw any of Rogers' tapes either?

The 2nd reason being Mruczek offered for removing Roger's DK score was that Mruczek claimed Rogers' cartridge was a different version, because Mruczek claimed his own cartridge wasn't the same:

The 3rd reason Mruczek offered for removing Roger's DK score was that Corcoran never verified Rogers' tapes. He didn't mention Corcoran never had Rogers' tapes. The unspoken explanation here was that Rogers self-entered his Donkey Kong score, but again, Mruczek never made that statement. And since Mruczek self-entered plenty of his own scores, he wasn't about to call out Rogers for doing it, or Corcoran for that matter.
    William R. was right. Mruczek (RTM) was and is wrong.
  6. 07-12-2021, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    What still boggles my mind about the donkey Kong Atari debate is the ending digits were literally impossible

forget alleged alternative roms and any other nonsense all anyone had to do was read the manual or play the game just once to see the ending digits were impossible

of course we know from wabbit that truly impossible digits on a Todd score is deemed as “picking nits” and the impossible scores should be rounded to a possible one

crazy

makes me wonder how many other scores were rounded to cover up cheating

Well, the only person who should be able to answer that would be Mruczek, but all you'll probably get from him is a novella of text with multiple answers (and likely all unrelated to your question), along with a smattering of insults for even asking the question of him. Only trolls act so bold, doncha know.
  7. 07-12-2021, 04:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott S. View Post
    The 3rd reason Mruczek offered for removing Roger's DK score was that Corcoran never verified Rogers' tapes. He didn't mention Corcoran never had Rogers' tapes. The unspoken explanation here was that Rogers self-entered his Donkey Kong score, but again, Mruczek never made that statement. And since Mruczek self-entered plenty of his own scores, he wasn't about to call out Rogers for doing it, or Corcoran for that matter.
    He didn't mention Ron never had the tapes because he didn't know that. I did. Only recently was Robert even made aware of this when I told him a couple months back Ron confessed to me as much.

As far as score shenanigans, keep in mind I never encountered Robert trying fudge one God damned thing. He was always totally honest honest about his own efforts on literally EVERY game we played together, from Atari on up to N64. Todd on the other hand, just wreaked of lies and faked records. He outright stank of it.

Lastly I want to point out I was never allowed to enter my own scores. They always had to be mailed into an independent referee, and back then, not too many of them liked me over rocking the boat with my ideas about database integrity and questioning clearly bogus scores from gaming legends. Todd even tried to claim I wanted to 'rebrand' TG with my ideas, which of course were intended to promote an HONEST database, so if that's what my 'brand' is, I guess I'm guilty as charged.
  8. 07-12-2021, 06:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by fbx
    As far as score shenanigans, keep in mind I never encountered Robert trying fudge one God damned thing. He was always totally honest honest about his own efforts on literally EVERY game we played together, from Atari on up to N64. Todd on the other hand, just wreaked of lies and faked records. He outright stank of it.
    Yeah, most everyone (including Mruczek) gave Corcoran and Rogers the benefit of the doubt at first as well.

You might not have seen Mruczek doing it, but both myself and William have found several examples of his scores being 'fudged' as you call it. This very thread involves one. There's simply too many examples at this point for him or anyone to keep blaming Corcoran, or on the police who seized Corcoran's tapes, or on database 'typos' (which is ironic, since he self-entered most of them). And much like with Rogers and his list of excuses back then to try and explain away some of his questionable scores (prototype cartridges, database typos due to coffee stains on paperwork, etc), after a while, it all sounds like so much b.s.

Don't forget we have Mruczek's proposed 'solution' of rounding off scores to fix those suspected of being wrong (or impossible). And do I need to remind everyone of his shameful appearance in King of Kong and his 'gummy substance' excuse as a reason to disqualify Steve Wiebe's Donkey Kong score? (well, that, and the fact Wiebe and Roy talked to each other. That's all the reason Mruczek needed).
  9. 07-12-2021, 07:14 PM
    Yeah, most everyone (including Mruczek) gave Corcoran and Rogers the benefit of the doubt at first as well.

You might not have seen Mruczek doing it, but both myself and William have found several examples of his scores being 'fudged' as you call it. This very thread involves one. There's simply too many examples at this point for him or anyone to keep blaming Corcoran, or on the police who seized Corcoran's tapes, or on database 'typos' (which is ironic, since he self-entered most of them). And much like with Rogers and his list of excuses back then to try and explain away some of his questionable scores (prototype cartridges, database typos due to coffee stains on paperwork, etc), after a while, it all sounds like so much b.s.

Don't forget we have Mruczek's proposed 'solution' of rounding off scores to fix those suspected of being wrong (or impossible). And do I need to remind everyone of his shameful appearance in King of Kong and his 'gummy substance' excuse as a reason to disqualify Steve Wiebe's Donkey Kong score? (well, that, and the fact Wiebe and Roy talked to each other. That's all the reason Mruczek needed).
    while i largely agree you know my desire to be fair and how pedantic i can get. I have to partially disagree on one point. I've never caught mruczek fudging his own score. of course how could i when there is no video. we've gotten the date here fudged, with his defenders insisting if it was wrong he'd speak up which we now know to not be true. heck he defends speaking up, which i even partly agree with, its not his job to fix errors, but true as that defense is, do take into account that by his own admission no he will not speak up and fix mistakes entered that benefit him. the kaboom argument came up many times and he played word games to defend it. you know, defending himself criticing me inssiting the score is real while changing my argument. so he could both claim i was wrong for saying the date was wrong while at the same not standing by the date, he'd accuse me of accusing him of something different and then defend that every time i brought up the date. this was a long hard fight that he only finally confessed when the mountain of evidence was undeniable.

the bigger issue is with him protecting (fudging) the scores of competitors and friends. His enduro score is likely real, but his competitors scores were all divided by 10. Think of the gummy substance. I dont think mruczek would've faked a score for billy's benefit, but he sure would've removed billy's competitors score for bogus reasons. From what i can tell it was more about fudging the competitoin down as opposed to fudging himself up. and rounding wabbit was just one. dispute after dispute after dispute was a yuge fight with him where he'd defend todd scores that he KNEW to be wrong. it wasnt a matter of him not knowing better. he knew the scores were fake but insisted it was "picking nits" to go after those fake scores when bigger issues exsit. funny, if bigger issues existed why did he have so much effort to waste his time on defending todds fake scores? pure deflection. when he could no longer defend todds fake scores as real he instead moved onto trying to convince us it doesnt matter. and after all he put me and others through that went after todds scores he manged to get the closing word on dragster and make it sound like he was the one that took down todd when in reality he was the one that defended todd and made the fight way harder than it needed to be.

we know of the many scores we wiped out. thats more his game. remove good scores as opposed to fake bad ones. he even had someone try to dispute his valid bachelor party score. He thought the game was a perfectly good time to track, but now that hes no longer first place he wants the track itself wiped out, allegedly for moral reasons, as get this, he thinks a **** game like bachelor party has no place at tg. yeah, i'm sure with his art collection, and his own submission on bachelor party, hes suddenly real offended by those pixelated atari ladies.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  10. 07-13-2021, 12:49 AM
    Here's the infamous Barnstorming thread on Atariage where Corcoran and Mruczek defended Rogers:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/10...ge/4/#comments

Mruczek started commenting on page #4 (July 13th, 2002). Notice that he referred to himself in his signature as the Twin Galaxies Editor and Chief referee? Mruczek is trying to convince people he took over as the chief ref when Corcoran was arrested, but that wasn't the case.

On July 14th (page #4), Mruczek claims Rogers' 32.50 Barnstorming time was done at the 2001 CGE show in front of 3 TG refs and about 40 people:

Thing is, Mruczek wasn't even at that show, nor was he at the 2002 show. I was at both CGE shows and several others, being I was part of the staff who helped put the show together. I checked my photos from both shows, and I have several of Walter Day, Brien King, Ron Corcoran... but not Mruczek. In fact, I don't remember ever seeing him at any of the CGE shows I was at. And yet, here he is posting as though he was there to witness Rogers' Barnstorming game.

RTM REPLY - Stilphen, you are a manipulating a__hole. You know god damned well I was chief referee in July of 2001 while Stilphen was still part of TG.

As for my commenting about the CGE, WHEN did I say I was there ? I was reiterating details as they were told to me, JUST as I did for the so-called "Gentlemen's Agreement" between Billy, Chris and Neil/Rick (whichever), and JUST as I and many others who were not there in the 1980's recapped events of which the details have been passed down about from the 1985 Ironman.

WHERE does it say on this forum...or ANY forum...that you have to be AT an event to speak OF an event ?

As for "trying to convince" people of taking over "chief referee" after Corcoran's ouster, WHERE did I say that ? The only thing "taken over" was the upload of the Snipercade database into the TG database, and until Todd was brought onboard, stewardship of the Atari platform...WHICH, as a matter of default, I was entitled to accept/adjudicate anyway AS chief referee.

Go back under your favourite rock and await the end of time. You serve no purpose on this forum other to spread the lies thick and I suspect you do the same in life in general.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Join us