Is this place a sham?

    This poll is closed
  1. Is Twin Galaxies a scam?

    06-29-2021, 02:46 AM
    I made this account specifically to ask this question. For the past two years, I’ve been lurking various leaderboard / coin-op forums. I’ve been especially interested in TG & all of the shenanigans involved with. Presently, it’s all of the disputes against big time, old players. Which is what brings me to my question. Is anyone here actually legit?

    From what I’ve gathered through all of the posts & videos is that due to the “human element” which is cheating, falsifying scores, having your friends aka refs validate non-existent videos, etc… all of the scores during the first few incarcerations of TG need to be questioned. To me, it seems like everyone associated with TG is in or was in on the scam. With the goal of trying to became the defacto standard in leaderboards and to make each other out as some sort of pro gamer celebrities when in reality it’s just a bunch of losers cheating. To further expand on this, once the whole e sports craze took off, I believe a lot of these groups such as TG & Empire Gaming switched their narrative up to portray themselves as THE FIRST E SPORTS team. Honestly, it’s all very laughable.

    This also brings me to question the validity of Jace Hall and his motives. There is very little to no doubt in my mind that current owner, Jace Hall, is in on this which is why in order to strike down past cheaters you need a mountain of evidence and they don’t need anything. Case in point, Rodrigo. Reading through that mess with his only defense being I contributed so much to this site, it’s hard to believe Jace actually typed out some of those replies. Then again, it isn’t because of the amount of “TG verified” records Rodrigo held. Despite Rodrigo being banned, he still has all of his points signifying what exactly? That he’s a pro cheater and him and his team Metroid reffed for each other just Like Walter, Todd, Billy, Rob and the rest of the gang.

    How is this site supposed to have any credibility when the history of past scores is strictly cheating? I think that if TG went after all the cheats, this place would have nothing. Nothing would draw ppl here aside from maybe the cheaters to discuss new ways of fabricating speed runs and such.

    Edit: The excuses these cheaters use when caught are comical… “what would I have to gain from this”, “I’m a grown ass man, why would I cheat a kid’s game” “honestly, I don’t care anymore”, “it’s been so long that this is a witch hunt”, “ahh random ref who no one knows misentered this score for me and I knew for 30yrs, but enjoyed the notoriety that came with it so I didn’t speak up”, “we were all non-paid employees so we didn’t take stuff seriously”, “‘my buddy who is a ref who is also my roommate entered the score for me and confirmed the tape”…. Some of these cheaters have had 30 yrs now to come up with excuses and at the end all they can muster up is some grade school Billy Todd bs. I just read that last post by Robert in his Kaboom dispute…
    Last edited by Apex_Player; 06-29-2021 at 03:16 AM.
  2. 06-29-2021, 03:21 AM
    The modern era of peer reviewed performances is not a sham.

    I'm pretty sure Jace wasn't "in on it" during the earlier iterations (not "incarceration") despite his behavior during disputes.

    And just because many refs were bonkers doesn't mean there aren't lots of legitimate scores on the board from honest players in the day. But yes back in the day it was fast and loose and everyone in charge did whatever they wanted and changed rules and nullified scores for no reason.
  3. 06-29-2021, 03:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    The modern era of peer reviewed performances is not a sham.

    I'm pretty sure Jace wasn't "in on it" during the earlier iterations (not "incarceration") despite his behavior during disputes.

    And just because many refs were bonkers doesn't mean there aren't lots of legitimate scores on the board from honest players in the day. But yes back in the day it was fast and loose and everyone in charge did whatever they wanted and changed rules and nullified scores for no reason.
    It’s in Jace’s best interests to be in on the scam. He bought this site and these records and the credibility that comes with it. Doing the right thing, would be essentially destroying what he bought.
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  4. 06-29-2021, 03:28 AM
    This thread already feels like a sham. You ask about things but appear to already have all the answers.

    I'll give it one more shot.

    Yes the past of TG is a mess. Some people have even suggested that the only scores that should remain are those that have been peer reviewed. That process started in 2015 which is also the year I joined. There are lots of honest competitors here doing honest work. Then there are people who just won't go away and all they do is grind axes about past transgressions and don't even submit new scores ever. It's a mixed bag but TG is better off than it's ever been. It's not great but we're doing better.
    Last edited by bensweeneyonbass; 07-08-2021 at 07:01 PM.
    Thanks Arcade101 thanked this post
  5. 06-29-2021, 03:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    This thread already feels like a sham. You ask about things but appear to already have all the answers.

    I'll give it one more shot.

    Yes the past of TG is a mess. Some people have even suggested that the only scores that should remain are those that have been peer reviewed. That process started in 2015 which is also the year I joined. There are lots of honest competitors here doing honest work. Then there are people who just won't go away and all they do is grind axes about past transgressions and don't even submit new scores ever. It's a mixed bag but TG is better off that it's ever been. It's not great but we're doing better.
    Considering everything that is known which is pretty much that all of the early on members were cheaters or in on it to cash out such as Walter and that they selected who would get high scores, they also happen to hold most of the records (I already pointed out Rodrigo) which are still in tact
    , I’m not surprised ppl are still pissed off especially with the way disputes are handled.

    Dude, I’d have a major axe to grind too if I dedicated part of my life, my passion to chase scores that you now know to be falsified yet the so-called authorities keep up their charade. TG has been around for 30 some yrs, 27 or so yrs of that history is documented cheating.
    Last edited by Apex_Player; 06-29-2021 at 03:38 AM.
  6. 06-29-2021, 03:41 AM
    You make a lot of generalizations there and you're going to have to pony up with the documentation about things like 27yr of cheating and "all the early on members were cheaters" and whatever else.

    I'll leave you to your business. I was just trying to say it ain't all **** bud.
  7. 06-29-2021, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    You make a lot of generalizations there and you're going to have to pony up with the documentation about things like 27yr of cheating and "all the early on members were cheaters" and whatever else.

    I'll leave you to your business. I was just trying to say it ain't all **** bud.
    It’s all documented on the world record tapes that are supposedly in Jace’s and Ron’s possession. Just off the top of my head, I can tell you that Walter(former ref & founder) was on it for the money, Billy (Todd’s friend), Todd (former ref), Robert(former ref), Rodrigo (former ref), Triforce Johnson are all cheaters. Todd’s girl was at one point a ref. Triforce Johnson’s roommate was a ref. Ron(former ref) is in prison for for being a pedo towards his own daughter so that tells you his morality. Between those guys that’s over 5 or maybe 6k world records. You know it’s bad when the entire place is meme worth from Billy & Todd, to the excuses about the tapes… The validity of this entire place including the motives of the current owner deserve to be questioned, big time.
  8. 06-29-2021, 04:36 AM
    There are over 8k names in the books here. Everyone is well aware of the things you mentioned and yes there are easily a dozen or two people who should not have any scores in the books because of their behavior and the conflict of interest that comes with positions they held with TG. But are there 8k cheaters in the books here? Absolutely not and far from it.
  9. 06-29-2021, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    There are over 8k names in the books here. Everyone is well aware of the things you mentioned and yes there are easily a dozen or two people who should not have any scores in the books because of their behavior and the conflict of interest that comes with positions they held with TG. But are there 8k cheaters in the books here? Absolutely not and far from it.
    The majority of records are held by select individuals, mostly coming from the TG inner circle back from
    The 80s & 90s. Those records still stand and like I already mentioned, it takes Jace a molehill of evidence to overturn previous records. So while it may not be fair, it taints all of you guys and casts a shadow over the integrity of this very site.

    Edit: Another reason to question Jace’s integrity is the common excuse both Robert & Rodrigo used of wiping out TG history by getting rid of them. Clearly something Jace does NOT want to do regardless of how falsified the history is because he bought that history and retains a financial interest in it.
    Last edited by Apex_Player; 06-29-2021 at 06:26 AM.
  10. 06-29-2021, 06:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex_Player View Post
    The majority of records are held by select individuals, mostly coming from the TG inner circle back from
    The 80s & 90s.
    Prove it. I'm not saying you're wrong. Just prove it. You use lots of words like Mostly and Majority and it's just not a good look when you're trying to convince someone of something. I'd like for you to prove it to me that the Majority of records are held by select individuals who Mostly come from an inner circle back then. Do you know how many scores are in the TG database?
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 89
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Join us