Xbox - Burnout 3: Takedown - NTSC - Time Attack - Europe - Continental Run Eastbound [Fastest Completion] - 01:43.6 - Kaiden Polanski

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Xbox - Burnout 3: Takedown - NTSC - Time Attack - Europe - Continental Run Eastbound [Fastest Completion] - 01:43.6 - Kaiden Polanski

    06-23-2021, 02:20 PM
    vzaar-player


    vzaar-player



    Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    NTSC - Time Attack - Europe - Continental Run Eastbound [Fastest Completion]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=49041
    Rank
    1
    Rules
    Player may use a save game to access unlocked features. Any vehicle may be used.
    Submission Message
    Video taken with iPhone.
    I am actually playing on the Xbox 360 with backwards compatibility, and not on a physical disc, but a downloaded version of the game.
    There exists a discrepancy between the time I got at the end of the run (1:43:60), and what it says in my profile records (1:43:66). I have no idea why this is the case, and I am 100% certain it is the same run, as this is the only time I've ever got faster than 1:44.


    Evidence package was recorded separately, as I attempted more runs after the one I am submitting.
    Apologies if my formatting of this submission is wrong, this is my first time ever submitting a record here.

  2. 06-23-2021, 02:37 PM
    I just realized this "discrepancy" I mentioned isn't real, I was incorrectly looking at the record for Continental Run WESTbound. I have uploaded a third video showing the correct records. Turns out I did get over 1:44 another time, but it doesn't beat this one.
  3. 06-24-2021, 06:10 PM
    Welcome to TG! Outstanding evidence package, btw. Just a heads' up ... this might not mean anything, or it might mean everything (I don't know enough about XBox and XBox 360 one way or the other, which is why I posed the question to the community a couple of years ago), however, it is relevant, and in my opinion does warrant a look. https://www.twingalaxies.com/garrett...ed-on-xbox-360
    Thanks Bishop Black, Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  4. 06-24-2021, 06:42 PM
    Garrett cleared up the only question I had about this video. Good job Kaiden!
  5. 07-08-2021, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    Welcome to TG! Outstanding evidence package, btw. Just a heads' up ... this might not mean anything, or it might mean everything (I don't know enough about XBox and XBox 360 one way or the other, which is why I posed the question to the community a couple of years ago), however, it is relevant, and in my opinion does warrant a look. https://www.twingalaxies.com/garrett...ed-on-xbox-360
    In that thread, wasn't the consensus that playing Xbox games on Xbox360 shouldn't be allowed, because Xbox360 uses Xbox emulation (instead of backward compatibility like PS3?)
  6. 07-09-2021, 05:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Black View Post
    In that thread, wasn't the consensus that playing Xbox games on Xbox360 shouldn't be allowed, because Xbox360 uses Xbox emulation (instead of backward compatibility like PS3?)
    That is correct, which is why I cannot vote yes on this submission :(
  7. 07-09-2021, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett Holland View Post
    That is correct, which is why I cannot vote yes on this submission :(
    Some historical context:

    By the time I became aware of PS2's PS1 compatibility the PS2 FAT was hardware-backwards compatible with PS1 and acceptable at TG. Later, the PS2 slimline was emulation backwards-compatible with PS1. By this time the it was widely accepted that PS2 was good for PS1 subs (except manually timed speedruns). In that day, many submissions were direct captures to VHS tape: no way to tell which PS2 type was in use (unless the BIOS was visited which almost nobody did). So PS2 slimline PS1 emulation was de facto acceptable.

    When the Xbox 360's backwards compatibility was first announced, it was clear it was a software, not hardware, solution. TG (of the time) still had the hardware compatibility stance (regardless of PS2 slimline) and so Xbox 360 was not permitted for Xbox original subs.

    Only a two of the PS3 initial releases had hardware backwards compatibility with PS2 (all boasted PS1 compatibility through software) and so the initial decision was simply to ban PS3s for PS2 and PS1 submissions. Features changed with new software over the years but it was still just software "and so the decision was correct". I wouldn't be surprised if some refs accepted some too. I know I got some PC scores in during the "generic ban on all PC submissions except emulation" era. ;)

    TGSAP happened many years later. Now Xbox One has software backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360 and multiple submissions have been accepted.

    Jace has himself chimed in on a PS3 submission for a PS1 game and it was accepted.

    Muddy waters. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  8. 07-09-2021, 05:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Some historical context:

    By the time I became aware of PS2's PS1 compatibility the PS2 FAT was hardware-backwards compatible with PS1 and acceptable at TG. Later, the PS2 slimline was emulation backwards-compatible with PS1. By this time the it was widely accepted that PS2 was good for PS1 subs (except manually timed speedruns). In that day, many submissions were direct captures to VHS tape: no way to tell which PS2 type was in use (unless the BIOS was visited which almost nobody did). So PS2 slimline PS1 emulation was de facto acceptable.

    When the Xbox 360's backwards compatibility was first announced, it was clear it was a software, not hardware, solution. TG (of the time) still had the hardware compatibility stance (regardless of PS2 slimline) and so Xbox 360 was not permitted for Xbox original subs.

    Only a two of the PS3 initial releases had hardware backwards compatibility with PS2 (all boasted PS1 compatibility through software) and so the initial decision was simply to ban PS3s for PS2 and PS1 submissions. Features changed with new software over the years but it was still just software "and so the decision was correct". I wouldn't be surprised if some refs accepted some too. I know I got some PC scores in during the "generic ban on all PC submissions except emulation" era. ;)

    TGSAP happened many years later. Now Xbox One has software backwards compatibility with the Xbox 360 and multiple submissions have been accepted.

    Jace has himself chimed in on a PS3 submission for a PS1 game and it was accepted.

    Muddy waters. :D
    Missed another nuance between the old years and TGSAP:

    Xbox games became available via Xbox Live and PS2/PS1 games became available through PSN. Such game downloads were permitted but were categorised via the Xbox Live and PSN platforms of their applicable hardware. Hence the platform sprawl.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  9. 07-23-2021, 11:53 PM
    Voting no 'cause it's emulation. Maybe emu tracks might be created and similar submissions previously approved might be moved there.
  10. 10-27-2021, 03:36 PM
    players 2,3,4 all used Xbox but Kaiden Polanski used a Xbox 360 similar to NTSC versus PAL racing times, that Xbox 360 could be faster than Xbox for the same race, A test comparison of the console game systems Xbox and Xbox 360 like 5 races each on both systems the same race tracks see the differences in the RACE TIMES.

    I am ABSTAINING on this one for now.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 26
Size:  87.8 KB
    Start
    Final
    JJT_Defender
    Honored Veteran
    Credibility:29061
    Submission points: 27060
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us