Is this place a sham?

This poll is closed
  1. 07-01-2021, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    John set his record two years ago. Robbie Lakeman broke it recently.

This just shows to me that you are a DKF troll.

As for you comments about "every score at TG should be blah blah blah" I'll listen to your opinion once you get your credibility up over 2000. Until that time you are just "blah blah blah".

-- END OF LINE --
    Seems to be some clarity issues. Wiki states McCrudy reclaimed the record on 1/11/21 with a high score of 1,272,700.
  2. 07-01-2021, 07:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex_Player View Post
    Seems to be some clarity issues. Wiki states McCrudy reclaimed the record on 1/11/21 with a high score of 1,272,700.
    ah wikipedia i'm sure you realize can be updated by anyone. wikipedia needs sources and is not itself the source. The source for is soemtign is recongized by tg, is well, tg. Wikipedis is a great place to start when you dont know the best, official, or original source but an official source, it is not.

i'm curious though, your comment about it not being offical at tg, thats not just missing info, thats outright wrong info. i have to ask if you're getting your info from someone else at this point. you might be a victim of manipulation. we all take scores seriously, but some people really take it a borderline criminal level of obsession. if someone is riling you up with false you might wanna take their motives into account.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  3. 07-01-2021, 07:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    ah wikipedia i'm sure you realize can be updated by anyone. wikipedia needs sources and is not itself the source. The source for is soemtign is recongized by tg, is well, tg. Wikipedis is a great place to start when you dont know the best, official, or original source but an official source, it is not.

i'm curious though, your comment about it not being offical at tg, thats not just missing info, thats outright wrong info. i have to ask if you're getting your info from someone else at this point. you might be a victim of manipulation. we all take scores seriously, but some people really take it a borderline criminal level of obsession. if someone is riling you up with false you might wanna take their motives into account.
    Iím probably not coming off as being very clear which is why you might be misinterpreting my post. I didnít say that the score wasnít official at TG. Iím saying that the record was supposedly set on the dudeís Twitch stream not at some TG associated event or anything like that. My apologies .
  4. 07-01-2021, 07:40 PM
    heck, i forget if it was the dragster wikipedia page or the usnvgt wikipedia page, but on one of them the owner of the usnvgt actually updated wikipedia with links to his facebook pages to release a big statement on how his team "stands with todd rogers".

if you wanna see some real crazy, look at the edit history of the usnvgt page and you'll see what i'm talking about with people getting carried away. if you think we guys here at tg get obsessive, you should see the people trying to rewrite tg and related history.

wikipedia edits has become a bit of a nerd war for some people
    Likes bensweeneyonbass liked this post
  5. 07-01-2021, 07:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Apex_Player View Post
    Iím probably not coming off as being very clear which is why you might be misinterpreting my post. I didnít say that the score wasnít official at TG. Iím saying that the record was supposedly set on the dudeís Twitch stream not at some TG associated event or anything like that. My apologies .
    ah yes that would be true, but same is true of robbies score and honeslty all our scores. TG doesnt have referrees or official events. literally every single TG score under jace isnt done through a tg event. someone might do something at an arcade event, but that doesnt get it auto accepted, it has to still be scrutinized here. i know tg used to allow both submissions like on vhs sent in, as well as live events. now its only sent in submissions. sure yes, it could be a sent in (in this day and age uploaded) submission from a live event, but that live event wouldnt be a tg event.
  6. 07-02-2021, 03:37 AM
    This thread is WILD! Apex will just say anything apparently and is quite out of touch with current climates at not just TG but DKF too. To paraphrase Apex - this completely negates your argument.

Nothing to see here people.
  7. 07-02-2021, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    ah yes that would be true, but same is true of robbies score and honeslty all our scores. TG doesnt have referrees or official events. literally every single TG score under jace isnt done through a tg event. someone might do something at an arcade event, but that doesnt get it auto accepted, it has to still be scrutinized here. i know tg used to allow both submissions like on vhs sent in, as well as live events. now its only sent in submissions. sure yes, it could be a sent in (in this day and age uploaded) submission from a live event, but that live event wouldnt be a tg event.
    If people will recall Griley got a kill screen at a Kong Off and didn't have full video and it was not accepted here at TG. It was put up on DKF because their standards are different (not bad by any means and some would say better but just different). So one of the most well-known live CAG events still does not mean an immediate acceptance of performances by TG.
  8. 07-02-2021, 04:58 AM
    If you click here you can view the Arcade records on Twin Galaxies
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/games
    You may have to click "Arcade" over on the left hand side.

I hope you stick around, learn the site and everything. Something about ya I like.
    If you ever have any questions about navigating the site or anything at all just shoot me a PM, i'd be glad to help in any way I can. Would love to see you submit some scores, see if you really are an 'Apex Player'
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  9. 07-12-2021, 08:50 AM
    I am 54 just posted world record on mame space invaders end of last year. Because never believed the scores on here. If no video didn't happen in my opinion. Remember looking at the scores when I was a kid and saying none of these scores are real.
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Join us