Dispute: Daniel Ocampo - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Mega Man - PAL - Points - Player: Ryan Genno - Daniel Ocampo

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Daniel Ocampo - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Mega Man - PAL - Points - Player: Ryan Genno - Daniel Ocampo

07-06-2021, 08:16 PM
    NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Mega Man - PAL - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=42726
    Rank

Rules
    TGTS Settings [3 Lives to Start, 5 Lives Maximum]
    Special Rules: Use of the pause button is strictly prohibited! Using the select button to rapidly enter and exit the sub menu, as your weapon hits the enemy, to register more then one hit is BANNED! You may NOT go walk through the Walls or Ceilings at any time! Grabbing ladders on the ground from the Sky using a wrap around manouever is BANNED! Limited leeching is permitted, mostly for sake of restoring weapon power. If you beat the game, you may continue playing after the credits are complete.You are permitted to visit each Level ONCE PER LOOP!! [So if you miss the Magnet Beam the 1st time, you're out of luck.] Your scoring attempt ends when you either lose your 5th life or you max out the score, whichever comes first.
    Player Name
    Ryan Genno
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=212353
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2020-04-09
    Disputed Score
    837,400 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Pixe Sukola
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Clearly an NTSC cart played on a PAL system.

At 31 seconds into the video you can see the words CAPCOM U.S.A.

Nintendo of America.
  2. 07-06-2021, 08:17 PM
    31 seconds into the video. .
    Name:  ererer.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  54.4 KB
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
  3. 07-06-2021, 09:00 PM
    So many PAL scores I should have looked closer at.

Looks like my credibility will be hit hard because of these PAL scores.
  4. 07-06-2021, 09:22 PM
    Buyer Beware Blue Light Special.

Pixie nailed it, its a NTSC rom on a 150 in 1 cart if memory serves me correctly without looking at my notes. Notes or not, this is an easy yes.

Let the credibility hit the floor!
  5. 07-06-2021, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by freeko View Post
    Buyer Beware Blue Light Special.

Pixie nailed it, its a NTSC rom on a 150 in 1 cart if memory serves me correctly without looking at my notes. Notes or not, this is an easy yes.

Let the credibility hit the floor!
    not a multi

Name:  image.png
Views: 48
Size:  703.3 KB
    still a valid dispute, but i had tocheck, because unlike flash carts, multi carts (150 in 1) are often not even close to the original rom and reprogrammed with significant difference. I had to check if it was a multi, cause that would be a reason for a new round of challenges if true.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  6. 07-06-2021, 11:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    not a multi

Name:  image.png
Views: 48
Size:  703.3 KB
    still a valid dispute, but i had tocheck, because unlike flash carts, multi carts (150 in 1) are often not even close to the original rom and reprogrammed with significant difference. I had to check if it was a multi, cause that would be a reason for a new round of challenges if true.
    There are a few on a 150 in 1 cart, we had found i think it was 5 that were on multi carts. We have a very large package getting ready to be released.
  7. 07-07-2021, 12:41 AM
    I'd caution the usage of the qualifier of large. Though in all honesty it is all in the eye of the beholder. Even with the disputes starting to crop up without my planned video, there are certainly a good number of games that are bad submissions.

Is 80 games out of 352 possible PAL submissions large? I guess if we remove the 120 submissions that were on the PSP from this list. Which I am not even sure why there was any NTSC or PAL distinction used for a hand held system in the first place. That brings the number down to 232 potential PAL submissions.

Every Mega Drive submission is bad, and there are 28 left I think? Of the 80 some odd NES submissions, an extremely high number are bad. I might list the ones that are not bad, but I'll handle that soon enough with my video. At least he did use legitimate PAL carts and system for his Super Nintendo submissions as best I could tell. 84 records are on the SNES, so that knocks the number down to 148 once we remove those consoles from the mix.

I am rambling a bit as it is late. All told, I'll have my video done soon. I'll post it and let the credibility hit the floor.
    Likes starcrytas liked this post
Join us