Dispute: Reina Adair - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Astyanax - PAL - Points - Player: Ryan Genno - Reina Adair

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Reina Adair - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Astyanax - PAL - Points - Player: Ryan Genno - Reina Adair

07-07-2021, 04:56 PM
    NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Astyanax - PAL - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=42421
    Rank

Rules
    Factory Default [No Codes Allowed]
    Special Rules: Pausing is permitted ONLY to change spells. Limited leeching IS tolerated, but you risk disqualification if you leech too much!
    Player Name
    Ryan Genno
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=206342
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2019-07-24
    Disputed Score
    596,900 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Lauren Tyler
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Once again, we have a case of an NTSC cartridge being played on a PAL console. At the beginning, you can clearly see the message 'Licensed by Nintendo of America Inc.'
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  2. 07-07-2021, 09:09 PM
    Thanks you Lauren for putting up these disputes. Everyone of these should already be out of the queue and everyone knows it, they just dont want to get hit for voting with their feelings.
  3. 07-07-2021, 09:14 PM
    Ryans title screen
    Attached Images Attached Images  
  4. 07-07-2021, 09:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Whilethekidsareaway View Post
    Thanks you Lauren for putting up these disputes. Everyone of these should already be out of the queue and everyone knows it, they just dont want to get hit for voting with their feelings.
    Disputes don't work as regular scores, number of votes doesn't matter. Jace personally reviews each one of them and he makes a desicion regardless of the votes. Votes just kind of show how the majority of people think.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  5. 07-07-2021, 09:57 PM
    Interesting. I had no clue about that. Thanks for the info!!!
    Likes Pixe Sukola liked this post
  6. 07-08-2021, 09:20 AM
    daniel is basically right but there is a caveat

in theory, the votes do matter just not how you'd think. the votes are just to tell admin (possibly jace) that we think theres enough evidence to justfiy them spending their time on it

you know, if there even gets to be a million disputes a day and admin doesnt have time to view them all, then they'll use the votes to see which disputes are worth their time looking into.

so the voting does matter a little in that it lets admin know to take a look. but yeah, while the timing of the decision may be affected by the votes, the decision itself is entirely admins call regardless of votes
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks Lauren Tyler, Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  7. 07-08-2021, 02:04 PM
    Allen posted the screen grab I was going to send with the rest of my package.

Bottom line is this score is bad. It is not a PAL cart being used.
  8. 07-08-2021, 08:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by freeko View Post
    Allen posted the screen grab I was going to send with the rest of my package.

Bottom line is this score is bad. It is not a PAL cart being used.
    Oh I know most of them are bad. Personally I think he got lucky with a few PAL being in there.
Join us