Dispute: Patrick Stanley - Arcade - Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars - Biggest Drift (In one direction) Baja - Player: Juan Torres - Patrick Stanley

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Patrick Stanley - Arcade - Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars - Biggest Drift (In one direction) Baja - Player: Juan Torres - Patrick Stanley

07-08-2021, 04:41 PM
    Arcade - Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars - Biggest Drift (In one direction) Baja
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=235282
    Rank

Rules
    1. 1 player only & any car, modifications, transmissions, difficulty, 4 turbo boost 1 at the start, 3 in reserve are allowed. Normal short cuts are ok.2. Start Time can be 80 seconds or less & Check Point Bonus Time can be 30 seconds or less.(They can be verfied & seen at the start & during the race. These 2 game settings are the only ones you can see in the race.)3. The player must show enough of the arcade game cabinet to confirm that the correct peripherals like a steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick are being used. Game settings are not required to be seen.4. Glitches, car simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheat codes, clipping of the track, illegal short-cuts, or hacking of the original game programming is prohibited.5. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet.
    Player Name
    Juan Torres
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=233726
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2021-07-08
    Disputed Score
    10.6 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Blackflag82
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Juan entered the incorrect drift time here - He provided a screen shot from 2:06.583 on his submission as proof. That shot shows 10.6, however, as the screen shot below shows, that drift time continued moving up until it reached 11.63 (one can go through frame by frame to see when the drift and run end by pressing the period key on the keyboard).

while we often accept lower scores on self timed game achievements, I don't think there is a precedent for doing that on an in game timer. It's clear Juan made a mistake in entering this time, and the score needs to be removed.
    Thanks Garrett Holland thanked this post
  2. 07-08-2021, 04:44 PM
    Game clock is at 39 and video clock at this point is 2:07.651
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks Bishop Black thanked this post
  3. 07-09-2021, 04:29 AM
    For whatever reason, Juan decided to not answer the questions about this score on the submission itself while it was open or here, so I am posting his response:

"a player drift with his vehicle with back end of the vehicle drifting to either to the right or to the left continuously in either direction without crashing/bumping into something or when the vehicle straighten out & goes vertical, the Drift in 1 direction has ended, then the time a player accumulated is counted. The back end of the vehicle was drifting to the right in one direction, once it went vertical, the 1 drift in direction ended. What happened I started another drift in the same direction. The programming will see it as a 2nd attempt & they cannot be added together. Hopefully this explains it."

There is a very short amount of time between the two drifts (seen from 2:06.548 to about 2:06.631) where the "drift" at the bottom of the screen stops and then restarts when Juan drifts in the same direction. As such, I'm incorrect in my above statement for the dispute, and this is not a valid dispute. The submitted and accepted time is valid.
    Thanks JJT_Defender, Garrett Holland thanked this post
Join us