Dispute: Reina Adair - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Galaga - PAL - Points [Marathon] - Player: Ryan Genno - Reina Adair

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Reina Adair - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Galaga - PAL - Points [Marathon] - Player: Ryan Genno - Reina Adair

07-15-2021, 01:10 PM
    NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Galaga - PAL - Points [Marathon]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=42625
    Rank

Rules
    3 Lives to Start, Bonus Lives @ 30k, 70k and every 70k thereafter.
    Special Rules: You MAY freely give up a ship to gain dual shooting ships. The No Enemy Fire trick is BANNED! [This apparently doesn't work in the Nes version, but in case someone DOES figure a way to make it work, it IS banned.]
    Player Name
    Ryan Genno
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=206336
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2019-07-02
    Disputed Score
    112,170 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Lauren Tyler
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Again, we have another case of an NTSC cartridge being played on a PAL console. When the title screen appears, you can clearly see the message, "Bandai is licensed by Nintendo of America Inc."
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  2. 07-15-2021, 02:12 PM
    The cart that is visible in the submission is not a PAL cart either. Seeing "Licensed by Nintendo of America" is enough to know this is an NTSC Cart. Here are two images of a legitimate PAL-B cart. Followed by a picture of the cart in Ryan's submission. There is an obvious difference in the header sticker. Name:  GalagaPALTop.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  84.5 KBName:  GalagaPALFront.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  145.1 KBName:  GalagaRyan.png
Views: 72
Size:  297.6 KB
  3. 07-15-2021, 06:41 PM
    Valid dispute.
    Another thing I noticed was when I compared to some PAL videos on Youtube, the sound was a bit different.
    Ryan's is slowed down NTSC, while the PAL sounds deeper, if that makes sense.
    Also, the shooting sounds different between versions.

Here's one PAL video I compared sounds with:

Thanks Lauren Tyler thanked this post
  4. 07-15-2021, 07:41 PM
    Right, there are some slight sound differences when PAL games are played on NTSC and vice versa.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
Join us