Dispute: Reina Adair - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Mega Man III - PAL - Fastest Completion - Player: Ryan Genno - Reina Adair

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Reina Adair - NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Mega Man III - PAL - Fastest Completion - Player: Ryan Genno - Reina Adair

07-17-2021, 06:58 PM
    NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Mega Man III - PAL - Fastest Completion
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=42729
    Rank

Rules
    TGTS Settings [3 Lives to Start, 5 Lives Maximum, NO PASSWORDS ALLOWED!]
    Special Rules: Use of the pause button is strictly prohibited! Using the select button to rapidly enter and exit the sub menu, as your weapon hits the enemy, to register more then one hit is BANNED! Rapid Use of the sub menu to pass through the walls on any stage is also banned. Use of Controller 2 for ANY REASON is BANNED! Rush Jet must be obtained by defeating Needleman! Protoman MUST destroy the barrier near the beginning of Gemini Man's stage! Bypassing the barrier in any other manner is BANNED and will be an instant disqualification of your run. Timer starts when you hit the start button and ends when you defeat Dr. Wily for the final time. You must complete the game or your record/attempt will be disqualified!
    Player Name
    Ryan Genno
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=206608
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2019-07-31
    Disputed Score
    01:17:48.0 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Lauren Tyler
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Once again, we have a case of an NTSC cartridge played on a PAL console. You can clearly see the 'Licensed by Nintendo of America Inc.' message at the beginning. Also, the cartridge label does not match the label of the PAL version of Mega Man 3.
  2. 07-17-2021, 09:04 PM
    The cart in Ryan sub was NTSC. The PAL version has very different art.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
  3. 07-17-2021, 09:12 PM
    Thank you for continuing to post these disputes. As much as I enjoy Ryan's contributions to Twin Galaxies, many of these PAL submissions are simply not valid for the reasons listed in this post.

Be wary of voting on submissions when you are not familiar with the hardware and software being used!
    Likes Whilethekidsareaway liked this post
  4. 07-18-2021, 04:42 PM
    Don't worry, I'm only disputing ones I know are NTSC on PAL. You can tell if that's the case if you see the 'Licensed by Nintendo of America Inc.' message at the beginning.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  5. 07-18-2021, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post
    Don't worry, I'm only disputing ones I know are NTSC on PAL. You can tell if that's the case if you see the 'Licensed by Nintendo of America Inc.' message at the beginning.
    Sorry, I was trying to imply my suprise that so many of Ryan's submissions were accepted firstly. The disputes have all been accurate so far and there's enough of us communicating together to seperate his PAL games from NTSC. Kudos!
  6. 07-18-2021, 05:38 PM
    Further proof why we need to be more scrutinizing.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Thanks Whilethekidsareaway thanked this post
Join us