Arcade - Mortal Kombat - Points [Tournament Settings] - 25,622,500 - Outworld Outworld

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 09-14-2021, 08:43 PM
    Not telling anyone how to vote but, this is how the third place score was done pre TGSAP.

Name:  image.png
Views: 89
Size:  71.1 KB
    Thanks Outworld, Ragequit, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Outworld, Luigi Ruffolo, starcrytas liked this post
  2. 09-14-2021, 10:58 PM
    I don't believe the rules need to be adjusted, the rules are clear. If triforce used some secret method with the "test your might" stages then i say it needs to be revealed to everyone so the community can discern that it isn't a glitch tactic. Has anyone ever come close to triforce's score without the continue manipulation?
    Thanks Outworld, datagod thanked this post
    Likes Outworld, Luigi Ruffolo liked this post
  3. 09-14-2021, 11:20 PM
    I have. Close to 25M. Falling short around the 24.6 mark. This was done with save states on rev 5.0 on MAME. I'll point out that i have years of speedrunning this game under my belt & broke the "WR" on speedrun . com over 15 times. I use some of the same tech to achieve some cheeky extra points & i'm willing to bet my save state run was packed with much faster rounds than Triforce'. It's unfortunate that there is no video evidence of his performance & he is unwilling to communicate with the community because that would bring things right out into the open.
    Thanks Ragequit thanked this post
  4. 09-14-2021, 11:43 PM
    I hope this attachment works. if not i'll post the link afterwards. Here is a high score done without the continue method that exceeds 24m I used save states to see if i could obtain the same score & was slightly above it. Though unable to reach 25M even with save states & running at a WR pace/speed.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks Ragequit, datagod thanked this post
  5. 09-15-2021, 08:01 AM
    Under the old Twin Galaxies, Triforce had his very own dedicated referee who allegedly fully reviewed all his submissions, even though another Referee was dedicated to the platform. Did I mention his personal referee was also his roommate and good friend?

In the Contra dispute people proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that Triforce was leeching, which at the time of submission was against the rules. Dave the TG commissioner during the dispute accepted private communication with Triforce and came to his own conclusion that whatever triforce was doing was acceptable, and the dispute was closed down.

I don't trust ANY of his scores. There is just too much of an abuse mentally. "It's ok to cheat, as long as you don't get caught."
    Your friend, datagod
    https://datagod.hashnode.dev/series/...lk-development
    Thanks Outworld, Ragequit thanked this post
    Likes lexmark, starcrytas, Outworld liked this post
  6. 09-15-2021, 02:25 PM
    Like i said guys. I don't mind setting a new score here & bringing this board back to a respectable level, but there's an issue of 2 players that have gone & ruined this track for anyone that wishes to compete on a legit level. I read through the previous disputes last night. Patrick Maher & Triforce Johnson broke the rules. Yet their scores were accepted. There were multiple members of the community that called them out, saying the scores shouldn't be accepted. There were other competitors from the same board saying the scores should not be accepted & removed. I had to break the same rules in order to compete at the same level & then was voted against. I worked & trained for 2 years in preparation to break that record & in the end i had to stoop to their level in order to break it. This is what the 2 top players have done to the track. Made it impossible to compete without cheating. Instead of shrugging my shoulders & saying "well, the track is ruined, i'll just move on" I'm going to pursue it. If my scores are going to be voted as rule breaking and other members are using the same tech & their scores are being accepted, then it's not a good look for TG or the MK leaderboard.
    Thanks to the community members that reached out yesterday. You haven't heard the last from me on this one.

PS, the guys that voted NO on my performance - you did the right thing.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes Ragequit liked this post
  7. 09-15-2021, 03:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Outworld View Post
    Like i said guys. I don't mind setting a new score here & bringing this board back to a respectable level, but there's an issue of 2 players that have gone & ruined this track for anyone that wishes to compete on a legit level. I read through the previous disputes last night. Patrick Maher & Triforce Johnson broke the rules. Yet their scores were accepted. There were multiple members of the community that called them out, saying the scores shouldn't be accepted. There were other competitors from the same board saying the scores should not be accepted & removed. I had to break the same rules in order to compete at the same level & then was voted against. I worked & trained for 2 years in preparation to break that record & in the end i had to stoop to their level in order to break it. This is what the 2 top players have done to the track. Made it impossible to compete without cheating. Instead of shrugging my shoulders & saying "well, the track is ruined, i'll just move on" I'm going to pursue it. If my scores are going to be voted as rule breaking and other members are using the same tech & their scores are being accepted, then it's not a good look for TG or the MK leaderboard.
    Thanks to the community members that reached out yesterday. You haven't heard the last from me on this one.

PS, the guys that voted NO on my performance - you did the right thing.
    Well at least you can still go for the record on the no reptile track, and yes the top 2 scores on this track should be removed. I dunno why the kombat king's submission needs such a long review though. It's made clear he used a continue plus his submission video is a youtube video that isn't even visible on this site right now.
    Thanks Outworld thanked this post
    Likes Outworld liked this post
  8. 09-15-2021, 10:22 PM
    I forgot to mention earlier that Triforce is known for -- and has admitted to -- tipping the referees for their good work. Not for preferential treatment, not for letting him jump the queue by months. That stuff happened but had nothing to do with money exchanging hands. I don't trust him, and I don't trust any of his scores.

Name:  Triforce tipping on youtube.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  162.1 KB
    Your friend, datagod
    https://datagod.hashnode.dev/series/...lk-development
    Thanks Outworld thanked this post
    Likes Outworld, Ragequit liked this post
  9. 09-15-2021, 10:46 PM
    I just have one question... Why was the submitter removed from admin privileges on Speedrun for this game and why does he consider himself an ex speedrunner?
  10. 09-15-2021, 11:24 PM
    That was 2 questions. None of which have anything to do with this website or this forum. Though i'll indulge you. I was removed from admin of this game with little communication. I was told by the head of the website that it's 100% the kombat kings decision what to do with the leaderboards. Since we had a disagreement, he decided to remove me with no communication. I took it to the head of speedrun . com & here's his response.
    Name:  Pac.png
Views: 56
Size:  8.0 KB
    One of the runners that cheated on these boards at TG has absolute power over there. Do not disagree with him. You just get deleted.
    Likes Ragequit liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Join us