Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragster - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B [Fastest Time] - 05.67 - Jozey orcutt

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Dragster - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B [Fastest Time] - 05.67 - Jozey orcutt

07-28-2021, 11:42 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B [Fastest Time]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2390
    Rank
    Rules
    Default Settings
    Submission Message
    Playing on atari 2600 Jr difficulty b game 1 engage clutch before zero keep those rpm red lined shifting through 3 and 4 then 6 5 Or 6 more times taking care to let the wheels touch ground before popping another one

Likes GregDeg, Alantheace, nads, Rogerpoco, Barthax liked this post
  2. 07-28-2021, 03:00 PM
    Superb evidence!!!

Congrats on the 5.67 , excellent run !!

Voting YES!

Keep at it 5.61 is within reach, I’ll add some input details later to see what your shifts were
    Thanks Bishop Black, Maxpow100 thanked this post
    Likes Maxpow100, Rogerpoco liked this post
  3. 07-28-2021, 03:11 PM
    Thanks and I would appreciate it been alot of time but I'll get it more committed than ever
    Thanks nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  4. 07-29-2021, 01:55 AM
    Here is the 5.67 run broken down, you do ha another couple of extra shifts but they didnt register ( good thing )

Little of the pace to a 5.57 but the start is pretty good

A bit early for shift 2, shift 3 perfect, shift 4 only 2 frames out, after this as mentioned before shift 4.1 way too early, which makes the rest of the run a bit out of sorts.

But... 5.67 is an awesome Time!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Thanks Maxpow100 thanked this post
    Likes Maxpow100, Rogerpoco liked this post
  5. 07-29-2021, 02:42 AM
    Thanks man that is awesome gonna be a huge help really cool to see the breakdown
    Thanks nads thanked this post
    Likes nads liked this post
  6. 07-29-2021, 04:33 AM
    Nice work!
    Careful, with the length of your sessions-Dragster obsession can do a real number on that right arm!!!
    :D
    Accepted!!!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes Maxpow100, nads liked this post
  7. 07-29-2021, 04:35 AM
    Ya learning that's the truth haha gonna have to do my stretches.
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
  8. 07-29-2021, 06:14 AM
    My one main piece of advice is to use your ears some, get used to the countdown-I actually don't even look at the screen during the countdown(...I really don't have to look at all, lol, but that's a different story...), just get used to how many ticks there are and learn when to release.
    Depending on your own internal timing(I've played musical instruments most of my life), you can really use the sound to help, a good run SOUNDS like a good run, and the shifts should start to sound the same eventually.
    It's really a muscle-memory thing, after a while you barely think about what to do, you just do it.
    Don't fear blowing your engine at the start-better off blowing it than starting late.

Ah, Best of Luck-the 5.57 DOES feel miraculous, but the 5.61 feels pretty darned sweet too, I still "get happy" every time I hit it, tho I am hoping for faster.
    :D
    (Not like, now-lol, my arm is wrecked, my Dragster days are all but over.).
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes Maxpow100, nads liked this post
  9. 07-29-2021, 06:21 AM
    Ya I have noticed that have not tasted a 5.61 yet but I can tell even the 5.67 sounds different from the 5.74 I usually can feel it before the end of the run that I'm in the 5.6xs
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
Join us