Game Boy / Game Boy Color - International Rally - Ecuador - Fastest Time - 58.34 - Kyle Nelson

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Game Boy / Game Boy Color - International Rally - Ecuador - Fastest Time - 58.34 - Kyle Nelson

07-29-2021, 09:13 PM
    vzaar-player

Ecuador - Fastest Time
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=22714
    Rank

Rules
    • Mode: Time Attack.
    • The player may use any levelled-up car.
    • Player may use any set-up.

Submission Message
    Run at 23:40. Thanks for watching.

2. 07-30-2021, 09:37 AM
    Hello,

I do not see problem in using the passwords to release the other cars.
    Please include this in the rules.

Thanks
    Fred
  3. 07-30-2021, 09:54 AM
    minutes 0:54 your camera have been positioned away from screen and we can see you typing password.
    And mysteriously you unlock every thing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	130001
  4. 07-31-2021, 04:54 AM
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/wiki_in...ll-Submissions
    The use of cheat codes, cheat devices, in-game codes and continues are disallowed as a general rule. The only exceptions to this rule are: Any game track/variation that explicitly overrides this general rule with its own rules governing the matter within its specific listed rule set.
    There' no explicit permission in the rules to permit passwords. Voting No.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  5. 07-31-2021, 05:52 AM
    Using passwords to retrieve unlocked data has already been established in Top Gear Rally for the Game Boy since using "Leveled up vehicles" is already in the rules. I put in a request to add "Passwords are allowed to retrieve unlocked cars" to the rules. @Barthax was all over the rules though :)
  6. 07-31-2021, 03:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Using passwords to retrieve unlocked data has already been established in Top Gear Rally for the Game Boy since using "Leveled up vehicles" is already in the rules. I put in a request to add "Passwords are allowed to retrieve unlocked cars" to the rules. @Barthax was all over the rules though :)
    As proven in other gamer's submissions, the game arrives with cars which can be leveled up without the use of passwords.

For this specific footage, however, there's also the issue that you seek to purposely hide evidence from the adjudicators... so it ain't just the one issue.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  7. 07-31-2021, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    As proven in other gamer's submissions, the game arrives with cars which can be leveled up without the use of passwords.

For this specific footage, however, there's also the issue that you seek to purposely hide evidence from the adjudicators... so it ain't just the one issue.
    I still got the TV on screen showing the password screen which doesn't changed until the password is entered, at that point the screen changes to black indicating I entered the password, and you can hear my controller inputs.

If I have to, I'll show the password. That only makes it easier on everybody else because they can just use my password...why would I do that in a competition :P The rules don't make any sense, they need altered, my playing this game and you adjudicating it has found that to be the real issue. In order to get the best times, you have to unlock the best cars. This game uses passwords to do that. Not to worried about it, see what others think.

That god damned Global rules and Policies page really needs a look over. Does it really make sense that you can't use a password to retrieve your vehicles? If it unlocked a super vehicle you couldn't normally use through player advancement, it makes sense. This is not that case. Would you really unlock all the cars over and over in your Forza Motorsports games if they didn't save after you unlocked them?! Come on now, be honest haha
  8. 07-31-2021, 04:02 PM
    In order to get the best times, you have to unlock the best cars. This game uses passwords to do that.
    Correction, you don't use a password to unlock the cars, you use the password to get them back after you have unlocked them.
  9. 07-31-2021, 04:09 PM
    I still got the TV on screen showing the password screen which doesn't changed until the password is entered, at that point the screen changes to black indicating I entered the password, and you can hear my controller inputs.

If I have to, I'll show the password. That only makes it easier on everybody else because they can just use my password...why would I do that in a competition :P The rules don't make any sense, they need altered, my playing this game and you adjudicating it has found that to be the real issue. In order to get the best times, you have to unlock the best cars. This game uses passwords to do that. Not to worried about it, see what others think.

That god damned Global rules and Policies page really needs a look over. Does it really make sense that you can't use a password to retrieve your vehicles? If it unlocked a super vehicle you couldn't normally use through player advancement, it makes sense. This is not that case. Would you really unlock all the cars over and over in your Forza Motorsports games if they didn't save after you unlocked them?! Come on now, be honest haha
    They may not make sense for your purposes. :) Someone that wants to use a hacked ROM can mirror your words for their own ends too: "the rules don't make sense if I can produce a better time by doing xyz." The point is they are there to ensure a level playing field. This track's rules don't overturn the global rule.

I don't need a password for Forza Motorsport to unlock the cars... and if I did I'd put that in my rules to permit it. You can easily make a set of tracks which makes sense for your purposes which could even go as far to permit hiding the input of the password. :P
  10. 07-31-2021, 05:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    They may not make sense for your purposes. :) Someone that wants to use a hacked ROM can mirror your words for their own ends too: "the rules don't make sense if I can produce a better time by doing xyz." The point is they are there to ensure a level playing field. This track's rules don't overturn the global rule.

I don't need a password for Forza Motorsport to unlock the cars... and if I did I'd put that in my rules to permit it. You can easily make a set of tracks which makes sense for your purposes which could even go as far to permit hiding the input of the password. :P
    That's my point, you don't have to use a password in newer games from the 1st Gen Xbox/PS/N64, give or take a few games. They already save your progress. Passwords were used to save your progress in the good ol days. Same function, different way of getting there. Is it a level playing field that you played all those hours on Forza to unlock the best cars and I don't? Nope, you have a huge advantage...and you didn't need a password to do it either! YOU took the time to unlock them and it's on ME to level the playing field because I have the opportunity to do it just like you did. That's what we are talking about here.

Again, I get the meaning behind the rule. Super punches/Unlimited lives/etc, any number of things can be said for why that rule is meant to be there. I absolutely agree with it from that side of it. I do not believe it was meant to be there to prohibit someone from accessing things that everyone can unlock if they chose but since it's a password, they can't use it? Flawed logic that can be fixed.

Me hiding the password is a legit disagreement, I'll give you that. My reasoning for doing it is because I have used the internet to find an "unlock all" password and there isn't one. I took the time to unlock those cars, I'm keeping the password to myself. I don't think you think I did anything shady by turning the camera to hide the password, I think you understand exactly where I'm coming from, I think you are being a straight arrow by the books guy (You always are, which is a great thing and that is a huge compliment to you).
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Join us