Atari 2600 / VCS - Freeway - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 32 - Jozey orcutt

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Atari 2600 / VCS - Freeway - NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B - 32 - Jozey orcutt

08-01-2021, 04:25 AM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Game 1, Difficulty B
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=2288
    Rank

Rules
    Player/Side = Player's Choice
    Submission Message
    Playing on 4 switch woody difficulty b game 1 much harder then I expected to get past that 32 but all I can figure to do right now is cut it close and take as many chances as I can get 32 score right at end of clip

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, JJT_Defender, nads, Barthax, GregDeg liked this post
  2. 08-01-2021, 10:44 AM
    Voting yes
    Welcome Jozey Orcutt
    Start 5:41
    Final 8:05
    Name:  image.png
Views: 26
Size:  462.8 KB
Size:  277.7 KB
Size:  219.0 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Maxpow100 thanked this post
    Likes Maxpow100 liked this post
  3. 08-01-2021, 10:48 AM
    Thanks happy to be here and be on the boards and just get the advice and learn from everybody here lots of knowledge consider me a sponge 😆
  4. 08-01-2021, 10:53 AM
    Y'know, I have a couple of the maxes, and a couple other decent scores, but this would be one of the hardest games to try to share strategy on, really, as the concept is so simple.
    Basically, tho-all the runs that are 38's were done the exact same way, on game 1 you can expect the cars to always be coming out the same way, you just have to maximize when you can get thru, keep getting farther and farther "perfectly" until it's essentially memorized.
    Good Luck!
    Accepted!!!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes Maxpow100, nads liked this post
  5. 08-01-2021, 10:58 AM
    Awesome thank you ya I knew it was simple but to get that 38 you almost feels like you would have to leave feathers behind on every car 😆 but thank you for the advice!!!!
    Thanks Rogerpoco thanked this post
    Likes Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
  6. 08-01-2021, 11:08 AM
    To be honest, when I first came around I was worried I had something of a "copycat" rep thing, as the super-awesome Dude I beat for the MAME Burgertime score was essentially my best bud/mentor thru most of the process.
    Our playstyle is actually quite different, so tho I DI learn what to do, I obviously had to tweak it "just so" my own way, to get a few extra points, lol.
    Anyway.
    Dude, I am SURE I was in and around your skill level when I joined up here-I'm not super fantastic or anything, but on account of Friends/Mentors here, I have done some decent stuff.
    Mostly, I'm a bug, I kinda try to learn what I need to know thru "talking"(which I hate to do, IRL, lol), PM's with my buds, Greg, Pete, Garrett, etc, BUT-
    For someone with the wherewithal to do so(I'm too lazy, in my own way...), same as people learning to play guitar very quickly nowadays because of the Worldwidenetweb-keep in mind, the videos of "the good scores" are literally posted here, it's totally ok, and quite smart, to spend time looking at something performed "perfectly", then tryin to replicate it, it's how many here get better, for sure!
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Likes Maxpow100 liked this post
  7. 08-01-2021, 11:46 AM
    Thanks man solid advice I appreciate it and ya i hear ya I mean I managed a pretty decent dragster score and even top 10 on game 2 and I never would have thought I got that good at it but listening to the advice and putting it into practice really does make a difference and of course your right I put my own little tweak on it 👍 for better or worse lol but I want to take that process and apply it to every game I play don't get me wrong I want to hit number 1 on a few but I'm realistic and perfectly happy with top 10 I'm here to learn and have fun putting my name on the top 10 board is just a bonus!!!!
    Likes Rogerpoco liked this post
  8. 08-01-2021, 11:54 AM
    With how it seems as if you are approaching this, for real-the skills will stack.
    When you get better at one game, that's gonna reflect in your overall skillset, and you may(or may not)have an easier time on the next game you try to play.
    Remembering from PM, like me, you "came back" to the 2600(Man...there are some here who have basically only played the 2600, nonstop, since the darned thing came out!!!).
    Well, IMO, because of usually having to work "pixel perfect" on the 2600, really, really noticing ONLY the small details that you need to notice, ruling out the BS that makes it "look pretty", you wind up being better at even newer games, "knowing how to score".
    Again, Good Luck, Have Fun, Get a Harmony Cart, pretty much obligatory, Man.
    :)
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
  9. 08-01-2021, 12:00 PM
    Ya your right about that there are some true 2600 experts here and I did come back to it because I missed the good ol days of just chasing a high score the simplicity of that but also complex and frustrating in its own way but in a purely enjoyable kind of way.
    Likes Rogerpoco, nads liked this post
Join us