- Dennis Weaver

This poll is closed
  1. - Dennis Weaver

08-09-2021, 09:00 AM
    Hello everyone,

It's been a minute or so since I've been around. Sometime back after the site was relaunched I went through and made a new profile for the new site. Upon the ability to claim a user name, I hastily made my User Name "RockStar" to ensure that it was indeed mine. However, doing this appears to have left behind my old scores under my old user name "Rockstartobe".

That said, I was wondering if there was a way that we can assign my old scores to my new profile?

I tried to message Jace, the Admin Staff, and even sent a contact us message and hadn't heard back, so I figured I would try this route, just to cover all the bases.

I've been thinking about it over the course of the last couple of days and I have a way that this could work if someone is willing to do the coding to fix the site.

1) If needed, please reassign user name back to the old user name so that the scores can be linked up. (Resolution for now)

2) Add a "Change User Name" option to our profiles so that we can change our user name should we decide that the old one no longer fits our identity. This would in turn change the user name on all the scores and forum posts linked to the profile to match and thereby give us the ability to move forward with the user name that we want. (Change that could help later down the line)

Thank you for your time and have a great day!
    - Dennis W. -
    Thanks johnretroreloader thanked this post
    Likes johnretroreloader liked this post
  2. 08-25-2021, 01:04 PM
    @Jace-Hall and @SincerelyFranny

Are either of you able to help with this, if you have a free moment?

Thanks and have a great day!
  3. 08-26-2021, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RockStar View Post
    Hello everyone,

It's been a minute or so since I've been around. Sometime back after the site was relaunched I went through and made a new profile for the new site. Upon the ability to claim a user name, I hastily made my User Name "RockStar" to ensure that it was indeed mine. However, doing this appears to have left behind my old scores under my old user name "Rockstartobe".

That said, I was wondering if there was a way that we can assign my old scores to my new profile?

I tried to message Jace, the Admin Staff, and even sent a contact us message and hadn't heard back, so I figured I would try this route, just to cover all the bases.

I've been thinking about it over the course of the last couple of days and I have a way that this could work if someone is willing to do the coding to fix the site.

1) If needed, please reassign user name back to the old user name so that the scores can be linked up. (Resolution for now)

2) Add a "Change User Name" option to our profiles so that we can change our user name should we decide that the old one no longer fits our identity. This would in turn change the user name on all the scores and forum posts linked to the profile to match and thereby give us the ability to move forward with the user name that we want. (Change that could help later down the line)

Thank you for your time and have a great day!

Hello,

Claiming your name is linked to your real name and not your username.

Any case, I have sent an email to @admin staff to link the following scores to your profile: https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?player=43241
  4. 08-26-2021, 11:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny View Post
    Hello,

Any case, I have sent an email to @admin staff to link the following scores to your profile: https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?player=43241
    Awesome, thank you very much!!
    - Dennis W. -
  5. 09-04-2021, 07:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SincerelyFranny View Post
    Hello,

Hey there!

I am in absolutely no rush, but I was curious to ask, as I should have done originally. About how long does the process of assigning my old scores to my name take? This way I can get an idea of when I should expect the old scores to show up, and if they haven't, then try to reach out again to get an update or new estimated time.

Thanks again for any help you can provide, and have a great day!
Join us