Dispute: Luigi Ruffolo - M.A.M.E. - Tattoo Assassins [US Prototype] - Fastest Completion [Tournament Settings] - Player: Justin Emory - Luigi Ruffolo

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Luigi Ruffolo - M.A.M.E. - Tattoo Assassins [US Prototype] - Fastest Completion [Tournament Settings] - Player: Justin Emory - Luigi Ruffolo

08-12-2021, 06:35 AM
    M.A.M.E. - Tattoo Assassins [US Prototype] - Fastest Completion [Tournament Settings]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=120344
    Rank

Rules
    ROMSet: TattAss
    Internal Defaults
    -----------------
    Nudity: No
    Game Difficulty: Hardest
    Life Meter: Normal
    All Other Internal Game Adjustments: Player's Choice
    Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY variation. You may freely choose from any available character. You MUST complete the game for your Fastest Completion time to count. The timer begins when you choose your Character and ends when you successfully lay the final blow on Koldan. Continues are not allowed!
    Player Name
    Justin Emory
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=219883
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2021-08-12
    Disputed Score
    10:48.0 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Luigi Ruffolo
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Wrong time entered. The submitter asked to reject the submission but it was accepted anyway.
    Thanks wwdkong, Jlemory1 thanked this post
  2. 08-12-2021, 06:38 AM
    Im not sure how that happened. Thanks for disputing it.

-justin-
    Likes wwdkong liked this post
  3. 08-12-2021, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luigi Ruffolo
    Wrong time entered. The submitter asked to reject the submission but it was accepted anyway.
    Thank you, sir.
  4. 08-12-2021, 08:41 AM
    This is actually pretty interesting. I voted YES on this one based on the video upload - likely made some sloppy maths and didn't pick up on the one second difference - but I just replayed the INP and it comes in around 10min 42sec. I had the average recorded speed at 99%. So:

The INP playback at 100% is 10min 42.5sec approx
    The video recording at 99% average speed is 10min 49.26sec calculated

649.26sec x .99 = 642.75sec = 10min 42.75sec which puts both measurements as "accurate" given the recorded speed.

Had this not been a live video, and instead had been an INP playback capture, the time would've come in about six seconds quicker.

*This dispute is valid btw and I'll take my lump.*

But with speed runs on MAME what should we really be going by? Live performance time elapsed or INP playback time elapsed?
  5. 08-14-2021, 12:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by bensweeneyonbass View Post
    This is actually pretty interesting. I voted YES on this one based on the video upload - likely made some sloppy maths and didn't pick up on the one second difference - but I just replayed the INP and it comes in around 10min 42sec. I had the average recorded speed at 99%. So:

The INP playback at 100% is 10min 42.5sec approx
    The video recording at 99% average speed is 10min 49.26sec calculated

649.26sec x .99 = 642.75sec = 10min 42.75sec which puts both measurements as "accurate" given the recorded speed.

Had this not been a live video, and instead had been an INP playback capture, the time would've come in about six seconds quicker.

*This dispute is valid btw and I'll take my lump.*

But with speed runs on MAME what should we really be going by? Live performance time elapsed or INP playback time elapsed?
    That is a good question. Generally speaking when it comes to speed runs, the time starts when you begin the game. Generally by pressing start on the console or controller. As a rule, unless there is an in game timer, the time stops when the final blow is delivered to the final boss.

Most Namco fighters have a timer built in to the game. Obviously I'd advocate using those in-game timers first. Unless there are specific rules for the game in question. Some of this might well be simple reaction time of those who are timing the run.

I still feel like there should be a manner or method to go about adjusting a score via dispute. Removing what is otherwise a valid run because of a clerical error that could be corrected seems like too severe a penalty. I feel like it will save a good bit of grief to be able to either amend via dispute, or simply correct a clerical error that is made in the submission process.
  6. 08-15-2021, 02:03 PM
    You quoted me but acknowledged nothing about what I said. Start and stop events are clearly defined in the rules. Not sure why you went on about that. Just not sure why you quoted me as your comments were unrelated to mine. Perhaps I missed something.
Join us