Arcade - Out Run - Points - 50,623,020 - John Beresford

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 08-30-2021, 04:58 AM

Hey John,

Another great run!

Congratulations on reaching the 50 million point milestone.

Yes, the Time Adj and Difficulty settings can easily be confirmed by the gameplay alone.

For this submission, the required Normal value has been used for both settings.

With a few adjustments (boost start at the beginning of Stage 1, double or triple median crossover on Stage 5, maximum 293 km/hr for the entirety of Stages 2 and 4), both you and Eddie are capable of taking down the world record.

After more than 34 years, it is time for Richard Jackson to be dethroned. Why not by one of you?

Thanks JohnnyBee, evan04, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JohnnyBee, JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 08-30-2021, 05:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by stella_blue View Post

With a few adjustments (boost start at the beginning of Stage 1, double or triple median crossover on Stage 5, maximum 293 km/hr for the entirety of Stages 2 and 4), both you and Eddie are capable of taking down the world record.

Thanks @stella_blue
    by my reckoning i need another 2.3 seconds remaining at the end. that's going to be difficult to find.

I tried the boost start, but fluffed it. ooops
    Im not quite familiar with the Double or triple Median crossover.
    is that where you sort of hedge hop through the bushes in the middle of the road?

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  3. 08-30-2021, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBee View Post

Thanks @stella_blue
    by my reckoning i need another 2.3 seconds remaining at the end. that's going to be difficult to find.

You will need to finish with roughly 40.8 seconds remaining to break the current record. Basically, you want to minimize the mandatory slowdowns wherever possible, either by tapping the brake pedal, releasing the accelerator for a split second, or clipping the side of the road. Avoid shifting from high to low gear if you can.

I tried the boost start, but fluffed it.

There is no “fluffing” allowed in this thread.

I kid you! I relentlessly kid the elite Ferrari drivers.

Im not quite familiar with the Double or triple Median crossover.
    is that where you sort of hedge hop through the bushes in the middle of the road?

Yes, you are correct.

Thanks JohnnyBee, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JohnnyBee, JJT_Defender liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Join us