Game Boy / Game Boy Color - International Rally - Italy - Fastest Time - 53.42 - Kyle Nelson

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Game Boy / Game Boy Color - International Rally - Italy - Fastest Time - 53.42 - Kyle Nelson

10-26-2021, 04:09 PM
    vzaar-player

Italy - Fastest Time
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=22724
    Rank

Rules
    • Mode: Time Attack.
    • The player may use any levelled-up car.
    • Player may use any set-up.
    Passcodes are permitted for the purpose of enabling the player access to "any available leveled-up car."

Submission Message
    Run at 26:30. This is the unlock all password I used. Thanks for watching.
    /&#Q D= [Musical Note] K -3N6 8LBM 5CMT VN.B

2. 10-26-2021, 04:31 PM
    Pasting this to all of these scores as it should be discussed and Kyle is hell bent on pushing them through.

Don't care about using a password. It's the fact that you pull the camera during a vital part of the startup and completely and purposely block out the password you use. There are people on here that freak out over not showing part of a bootup and seem to be blind voting these in when we have no actual idea what you are entering. And again it doesn't matter what you say you are entering. You have no way of proving it. If i started a game and went to a setting screen and moved the camera and then said, "Don't worry about it. I just hit the A key which does nothing." should that go through?
    Undisputed #1 Game Wave Family Entertainment Player
    Thanks thegamer1185 thanked this post
  3. 10-26-2021, 05:09 PM
    Pasting this here as response to Swags concerns on me being hell bent on pushing these scores through.

I'm entering an unlock all password. It's as simple as trying it out for yourself. Some people may have actually done that and found it is really an unlock all password and voted accept. I have proved it, there is one universal unlock all password that we all will get after completion of the game. This game doesn't care what your times, my times, order of unlock is, if you play through this game in 100 hours or 1 minute, you and I will end up with this exact same password to unlock everything. The camera is still on the TV showing I am in fact still on the password screen entering a password, and I have given you that password. My reasons for why I did don't matter, the use of passwords are now allowed. I do agree with you that if this game had varying passwords to unlock the same things or gave you infinite something, and I did turn the camera away not showing the password, that makes complete sense for a rejection. However in this instance, there is no other possible password I could use to unlock everything as I have. There is singular unlock all password, so the fact I don't show it is irrelevant also. If someone does happen to find a "cheat" password giving cars unfair stats, I'd absolutely understand then disputing all my scores because then my turning of the camera and not showing the password could be something different.

I respect your opinion, others only cared that I used a password, which has now been allowed per the rules. So people are accepting. Feel free to comment in each of them, I will comment with my rebuttal. I didn't resubmit those first several that went through either. They sat in the queue pending TG's ruling on the password situation. After TG decided an unlock all password was acceptable, then they got accepted. People have been freaking out about a lot of things on here this last year, I even asked TG to make showing a boot up an actual rule because submissions never get accepted. At any rate, thanks for looking.
  4. 10-26-2021, 06:22 PM
    Why do you even have to move the camera away in the first place?
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  5. 10-26-2021, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post
    Why do you even have to move the camera away in the first place?
    Because I was being a selfish ass and didn't want anyone simply watching my submissions and using a password I thought wasn't on the internet and was all mine. Yep, pretty much sums it up. Of course, I found it on the internet later because what can't you find on the internet?
  6. 10-26-2021, 07:55 PM
    Being sarcastic is not helping your cause.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  7. 10-26-2021, 08:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Tyler View Post
    Being sarcastic is not helping your cause.
    Is that the issue everyone is having? I'm not being sarcastic. That is what all happened, that is why I did the stuff I did. I'm not being sarcastic about anything, I'm admitting I was kind of being a selfish ass and hiding the password. This is the problem with text in general, you can't get a read on how the person is presenting themselves. I'm all good, chill, not taking any offense to you guys. You have your reasons for questioning, I had my reasons for why I turned the camera at the time I recorded, I'm explaining why I did it, why I feel it doesn't matter at this point, why we all would end up with that same unlock all password, I was being a selfish ass because I'm not afraid to criticize myself. Sorry coming off as sarcastic, I don't know what to say about all of this anymore.
  8. 10-26-2021, 08:46 PM
    i dont wanna say its personal, that would be the wrong word, but yes hiding the screen is more about "why would this person do that, what else might they have done". I dont hear anyone suggesting what techncial things could've happened, but to call it "personal" would be a very misleading word too since its not about who you are as a person but it is about what you personally did in the submission. so sure, i could imagine for some people sarcasm makes a difference since it is sort of personal but not really, man i wish there was a better word for this.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  9. 10-26-2021, 09:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    i dont wanna say its personal, that would be the wrong word, but yes hiding the screen is more about "why would this person do that, what else might they have done". I dont hear anyone suggesting what techncial things could've happened, but to call it "personal" would be a very misleading word too since its not about who you are as a person but it is about what you personally did in the submission. so sure, i could imagine for some people sarcasm makes a difference since it is sort of personal but not really, man i wish there was a better word for this.
    It's only personal to me because it's my submissions, but I'm not offended or being sarcastic. Just defending my submission. I explained why I did it many times, and what else could I have done on a password screen? I can't make people piece the information together, but as I've said many times, I left enough of the TV screen on camera so you could see I wasn't backing out of the password menu and doing something else in the game. I knew me hiding the password was a dick move, but I also knew if I at least left some of the TV screen there you could piece together I wasn't doing anything but entering a password. I pull up the password screen, move the camera, leave the corner of the TV on there so you can see I am still on the same screen, enter the password, then move the camera back. I'm all for someone entering the password and checking it out, in fact I have been waiting for anyone to actually do it. PLEASE, someone actually do it and confirm this. The thing that gets me is when things like this happen in submissions or disputes, I almost always go check it out myself. I don't think ANYONE has actually checked but me. Hell, I'll work with you. We boot the game, use the same car and unlock the next tier of that car, get the password, I bet they are identical no matter our times. Emulators and roms are so easy to find. Give me your email address and I'll send you everything I got.
  10. 10-27-2021, 02:18 AM
    Hiding evidence is a deceptive behaviour. Insufficient evidence that the password used is valid (and not a cheat). The burden of proof is on the submitter so any claims about what happened (and any claims about possible outcomes) must be substantiated via evidence from the submitter. Voting No.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us