Dispute: Andrew Mee - Game Boy / Game Boy Color - International Rally - Alaska - Fastest Time - Player: Kyle Nelson - Andrew Peter Mee

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Andrew Mee - Game Boy / Game Boy Color - International Rally - Alaska - Fastest Time - Player: Kyle Nelson - Andrew Peter Mee

10-27-2021, 02:23 AM
    Game Boy / Game Boy Color - International Rally - Alaska - Fastest Time
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=22718
    Rank

Rules
    • Mode: Time Attack.
    • The player may use any levelled-up car.
    • Player may use any set-up.
    Passcodes are permitted for the purpose of enabling the player access to "any available leveled-up car."

Player Name
    Kyle Nelson
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=238013
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2021-10-21
    Disputed Score
    01:12.49 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Barthax
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    The submitter purposely hides evidence of the password used. Hiding evidence is a deceptive behaviour. Insufficient evidence that the password used is valid (and not a cheat). The burden of proof is on the submitter so any claims about what happened (and any claims about possible outcomes) must be substantiated via evidence from the submitter. People have been banned for a lot less.
    Thanks Lauren Tyler thanked this post
    Likes swaggers, kernzyp, Lauren Tyler liked this post
  2. 10-27-2021, 07:59 AM
    The submitter even admitted that he hid it while being, in my opinion, rather disrespectful about the whole thing. I see no reason why he needs to hide anything if he's doing nothing wrong.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
  3. 10-29-2021, 04:17 PM
    For the sake of discussion, why does it matter if the password is shown or not?

Enlighten me, along with most everyone else, who does not know enough about this particular game to offer up an opinion one way or the other. I do see that the submitted time is significantly faster than any previous time. That said, I do not see how using a password in this context is grounds for a dispute.

The track list states that a password can be used to access "any available levelled-up car".

Does this submission not use a normally available car?
  4. 10-29-2021, 04:34 PM
    Freeko good job missing the point.

Intentionally obfuscated evidence package is the situation. I’m looking forward to you waxing theoretical about how games play and how you see the nature of competition. Moot. Insufficient evidence for an accept.
  5. 10-29-2021, 04:43 PM
    For the record - I trust Kyle. But that’s no reason to overlook lacking evidence. Same deal when Griley submitted his Kong Off killscreen. Huge achievement. But full evidence wasn’t available so I abstained and it was eventually rejected. Same with this submission except it was accepted.
  6. 10-29-2021, 04:49 PM
    Kyle Nelson in his own defense did in FACT tell and showed what the PASSWORD CODE TO ACCESS ALL LEVELLED_UP CARS.
    Plaus the Twin Galaxies Rule does state password can be used to access "any available levelled-up car".

The track list states that a password can be used to access "any available levelled-up car".

But mean that the time Kyle Nelson got was wrong NO.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  7. 10-29-2021, 04:55 PM
    Was it ILLEGAL NO did Kyle Nelson CHEAT or USED a ILLEGAL or PASSWORD-> that was PERMITTED in TWIN GALAXIES RULES here as all Twin Galaxies members can clearly SEE SEE.

Therefore the DISPUTE MUTE with no hard evidence to support findings.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 113
Size:  205.6 KB
    Name:  image.png
Views: 111
Size:  25.2 KB
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  8. 10-29-2021, 05:13 PM
    what i'm gonna say might sound contradictory but its not when you factor in different standards of evidence in different areas

For a submission i believe the deceptive behavior was in deed grounds for reject. However, for a dispute the bar is much higher, considering we see the gameplay, i dont think the high standards needed for score removal are met

To freeko and jjt, consider if someone hid showing the board, or system or cart. I know both of you care about seeing that. So i'm a little surprised to hear no issue with hiding the password being used. The issue is not that he used a password, the issue is that he hid it. At a minimum it means we dont know if it was a password with some issue, additionally though the hiding raises suspicioin just on general principle.

i rejected two of such scores, i didnt vote on this one. Its probably extra unfair that the people voting no here got a cred hit but like i said, the bar for removal is pretty high
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  9. 10-29-2021, 05:50 PM
    The problem is that he moved the camera away when he entered his password. That right there is a very questionable action. Why would he need to move away his camera when he entered the password? The issue at stake here isn't so much the fact that he moved the camera away as it is the fact that he moved it away when he entered a password, which leads one to wonder if he was playing legitimately or not.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Likes RedDawn liked this post
  10. 10-29-2021, 07:14 PM
    This is a valid dispute. Thats my vote.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks Lauren Tyler thanked this post
    Likes Lauren Tyler liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Join us