11-16-2021, 08:16 PM
    vzaar-player

vzaar-player

https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5272
    Rank

Rules
    Dip Switch Bank:
    1-8 = OFF
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Hard Difficulty
    3 Vaus [Lives]
    Bonus Life @ 20k, 60k and every 60k Thereafter
    Special Rules: Additional Lives may also be earned via collection of a "P" capsule.
    Submission Message
    Tournament Arkanoid score on a game which I own in my garage. PCB board is mine and is zoomed in at the end of the film to display normal settings (which are the easiest settings). Hoping to group and solidify the top 4 Arkanoid players as the top 4 Tournament Arkanoid players in the same order!! I would like to improve my score in both but I have to say, I don't think the three guys ahead of me have anything to ever worry about- just happy to join them.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 11-17-2021, 12:16 PM
    I may be wrong the game settings here, so if a Twin Galaxies member can provide something more , it would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote you Peter said dip switch Sw was only one set to the ON position.
    in the capture picture Sw 5 = is OFF
    That means the Game Difficulty was Rank Easy Sw 5 = OFF , not Sw 5 = ON Hard
    You create another track for EASY
    Start
    Final
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	762.9 KB 
ID:	134128
    Tournament Arkanoid Dip Switch Settings (arcaderestoration.com)

Views:	27 
Size:	481.1 KB 
ID:	134130
    Rules
    Dip Switch Bank:
    1-8 = OFF
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Hard Difficulty
    3 Vaus [Lives]
    Bonus Life @ 20k, 60k and every 60k Thereafter
    Special Rules: Additional Lives may also be earned via collection of a "P" capsule.

Views:	28 
Size:	230.5 KB 
ID:	134127
    JJT_Defender
    Honored Veteran
    Credibility:30217
    Submission points: 27319
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Thanks Pcooke thanked this post
  3. 11-17-2021, 12:27 PM
    It has been confirmed on my findings.
    Quote you Peter said that dip switch Sw 8 was only one set to the ON position.
    in the capture picture Sw 5 = is OFF
    That means the Game Difficulty was Rank Easy Sw 5 = OFF , not Sw 5 = ON Hard
    You can create another track for EASY difficulty for Arcade Tournament Arkanoid and Resubmit this score for the new track.

Then ask Twin Galaxies members to vote No, and you vote No to 7 avoid a credibility hit.

Views:	30 
Size:	792.6 KB 
ID:	134132

Tournament Arkanoid : Taito : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Views:	31 
Size:	282.7 KB 
ID:	134131
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  4. 11-17-2021, 06:57 PM
    ok, yes my mistake there is an issue with my submission. Please Vote NO. But the problem with this is not dip switch #5. Dip switch #5 is set to off as can be seen in the second video at 20:45. Dip switch #8 is on and the rules say 1-8 need to be off. I don't know what #8 benefits me but I will vote no and try again. If you look at the rules for regular Arkanoid normal settings, it says dip switch 1-7 need to be off and #8 needs to be on. Why Tournament Arkanoid needs 1-8 to be off, I don't know. But on closer inspection, the rules for Arkanoid are slightly different than for Tournament Arkanoid. Oh well. I should have checked that better than assumed they'd be the same. So I have to play some more tournament Arkanoid. DARN!! ....but Good judges!!
  5. 11-17-2021, 07:22 PM
    The rules seem to contradict themselves. Its says 1-8 dipswitches to be turned off, but that would put the game on easy difficulty settings, and the rules state 'Hard Difficulty Settings'
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  6. 11-17-2021, 07:28 PM
    True. It is confusing and i mistakenly assumed the dip switches for Arkanoid would be the same for Tournament Arkanoid which would have been 1-7 off, 8 on. That's how i played it, unfortunatley. I'm not sure what #8 on benefits me. I'm happy to play it again of course, but just wondering if others think the rules are ok for Tounament Arkanoid. Because we have a leader board for regular Arkanoid with #5 needing to be on for "tournaament" settings which would be "hard" difficulty level.
    Normal settings for this one would be #5 off as the rules state AND #8 off?
    I wonder if any one else confirm what the deal might be with this before I spend another 20 tries and 75-80 minutes each trying to get a new score? Haha!! Thanks!!
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  7. 11-18-2021, 12:18 AM
    This was not your fault but needs to be corrected.
    Ask Twin Galaxies staff to amend and correct the rules for Tournament Arkanoid,you can contact them at @admin staff @SincerelyFranny @TWIN GALAXIES. They can correct this mistake before trying other record attempts.

Tournament Arkanoid : Taito : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive This is the official arcade manual for Tournament Arkanoid
    Rules
    Dip Switch Bank:
    1-8 = OFF

Hard Difficulty Rank B dip switch 5 = ON

3 Vaus [Lives] dip switch 3 = OFF

Bonus Life @ 20k, 60k and every 60k Thereafter dip switch 4 = OFF

Views:	22 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	134188

Views:	22 
Size:	121.8 KB 
ID:	134186

Quote Originally Posted by Pcooke View Post
    True. It is confusing and i mistakenly assumed the dip switches for Arkanoid would be the same for Tournament Arkanoid which would have been 1-7 off, 8 on. That's how i played it, unfortunatley. I'm not sure what #8 on benefits me. I'm happy to play it again of course, but just wondering if others think the rules are ok for Tounament Arkanoid. Because we have a leader board for regular Arkanoid with #5 needing to be on for "tournaament" settings which would be "hard" difficulty level.
    Normal settings for this one would be #5 off as the rules state AND #8 off?
    I wonder if any one else confirm what the deal might be with this before I spend another 20 tries and 75-80 minutes each trying to get a new score? Haha!! Thanks!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png  
    Likes Pcooke liked this post
  8. 11-18-2021, 05:37 AM
    I will contact Twin Galaxies on this glitch in the rules. For those that have read this far, please vote No on this one, but please look at my other submission for Arkanoid "tournament settings" and vote YES for that one as that is correct with the dip switches as per the rules. Its a different game entirely and voting is in process now. I'd love the votes on that one and will resolve this issue with Tournament Arkanoid soon. Thanks!!!
  9. 11-18-2021, 05:39 AM
    Voting no as requested by the submitter.
  10. 11-18-2021, 06:47 AM
    Voting No as requested by submitter Peter Cooke
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcooke View Post
    I will contact Twin Galaxies on this glitch in the rules. For those that have read this far, please vote No on this one, but please look at my other submission for Arkanoid "tournament settings" and vote YES for that one as that is correct with the dip switches as per the rules. Its a different game entirely and voting is in process now. I'd love the votes on that one and will resolve this issue with Tournament Arkanoid soon. Thanks!!!
Join us