Rank A Killscreen
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=233412
    Rank
    Rules
    Highest score for a Rank A Killscreen
    Submission Message
    ***PLEASE READ THE RULE AND DISCUSSION ON THIS TRACK BEFORE VOTING***
    The 2 in the single-digit signifies it was a Class of 81 machine, as per the submission rules for this track. If you vote no because of the score, or comment to that affect, a sensible chuckle will be had at your expense!

My game is on the lefthand side of the screen.
    This is my live performance at the Galloping Ghost Arcade in February. I was originally not going to upload this, as it's a pretty slow category and everyone else that plays it has not submitted their performances, though they do exist. But my Twitch upload of it just got wiped out, so I'm reuploading it to YouTube and submitting it here as a fixture of history. I'm also sure I'm not going to come back and beat it in the near future, so it might as well stand.
    This was a lot of fun to do and probably my best performance on any settings. A 4 million game used to seem impossible. Some day it could be 4.3 million, but it would be a near perfect performance.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, RedDawn liked this post
  2. 11-28-2021, 03:15 PM
    Start 8:25
    Final
    Name:  image.png
Views: 129
Size:  452.7 KB
    JJT_Defender
    Honored Veteran
    Credibility:30778
    Submission points: 27452
  3. 11-28-2021, 03:32 PM
    Jacob Upland congratulations on your world record.
    1. Jacob can you show that you used RANK A on the arcade Galaga then I am all in for voting yes, as you know there 4 RANKS A, B, C and D on the arcade.
    Tournament settings 5 ships

Rank A Killscreen

Score Track
    Twin Galaxies Rules Highest score for a Rank A Killscreen

Galaga - Arcade - Manual - gamesdatabase.org
Views: 132
Size:  270.6 KB
Views: 125
Size:  133.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot0fGod View Post
    vzaar-player

Rank A Killscreen
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=233412
    RulesHighest score for a Rank A Killscreen
    Submission Message***PLEASE READ THE RULE AND DISCUSSION ON THIS TRACK BEFORE VOTING***
    The 2 in the single-digit signifies it was a Class of 81 machine, as per the submission rules for this track. If you vote no because of the score, or comment to that affect, a sensible chuckle will be had at your expense!

My game is on the lefthand side of the screen.
    This is my live performance at the Galloping Ghost Arcade in February. I was originally not going to upload this, as it's a pretty slow category and everyone else that plays it has not submitted their performances, though they do exist. But my Twitch upload of it just got wiped out, so I'm reuploading it to YouTube and submitting it here as a fixture of history. I'm also sure I'm not going to come back and beat it in the near future, so it might as well stand.
    This was a lot of fun to do and probably my best performance on any settings. A 4 million game used to seem impossible. Some day it could be 4.3 million, but it would be a near perfect performance.

Rank A Killscreen

Score Track
    Rules
    Highest score for a Rank A Killscreen
  4. 11-28-2021, 04:00 PM
    I've been playing Galaga for about 5ish years now it's on my top 5 favourite list of arcade games for sure and this score absolutely blew my mind I had to do a double take when I saw the number. Congrats man that's an extremely impressive score!!
    Thanks Foot0fGod thanked this post
  5. 11-30-2021, 08:10 PM
    Unfortunately, Galaga on a Class of 81 Reunion cab does not produce a "rug" that shows settings like the original Arcade game or MAME. One would have to go into the settings to show them, then restart the machine (which was done by the Galloping Ghost crew the prior day).

My advice to confirm settings is this. Rank A has two unique gameplay features that make it identifiable.
    (1) Stage 18 on Rank A has no bugs firing (and no extra bugs diving at your ship) when they are setting up the stage. It is identical to Stage 1, except the bugs move faster into position. This is only true on Rank A and can be observed at a 25:03 of the video.
    (2) Rank A is the only Rank that crashes and produces a "killscreen," really a crash screen but you get the idea. Rank B loops after a very strange Stage 0 that looks like a Challenge Stage, but has bugs fire at you. Rank C just freezes on Stage 0 with no bugs coming out. And Rank D continues forever. You can see the integer overflow and crash at 3:00:34.823.

These two things confirm Rank A settings.
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  6. 12-03-2021, 06:54 PM
    Outstanding performance on a spectacular game at a fantastic arcade.

Voting Yes
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks Foot0fGod thanked this post
  7. 12-04-2021, 11:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDawn View Post
    Outstanding performance on a spectacular game at a fantastic arcade.

Voting Yes
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun doing it
  8. 12-24-2021, 03:08 PM
    Jacob Upland you are one of the best Galaga players in the world if not #1, with all due respect to you.

Unfortunately, Galaga on a Class of 81 Reunion cab does not produce a "rug" that shows settings like the original Arcade game or MAME. One would have to go into the settings to show them, then restart the machine (which was done by the Galloping Ghost crew the prior day)

1. Jacob Upland you could have asked the video game head technician and owner if you could video record the game settings and put it Additional Video Evidence?
    2. Jacob Upland why did you not ask them?
    3. A suggestion to you Jacob Upland in your future video arcade Galaga submissions ask the lead video game technician and owner if you could video record the game settings, then you will have it on your record Galaga video game submission and Twin Galaxies members can vote without any issues and quickly.
    4. If I am correct when doing a a boot-up on/off just before Galaga turns on the game shows the game settings whether it is Rank A , B , C , or D and how 20k 60k every extra ships. That would have been a way to verify the game settings.

Merry Christmas Jacob and your family and friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot0fGod View Post
    Unfortunately, Galaga on a Class of 81 Reunion cab does not produce a "rug" that shows settings like the original Arcade game or MAME. One would have to go into the settings to show them, then restart the machine (which was done by the Galloping Ghost crew the prior day).

My advice to confirm settings is this. Rank A has two unique gameplay features that make it identifiable.
    (1) Stage 18 on Rank A has no bugs firing (and no extra bugs diving at your ship) when they are setting up the stage. It is identical to Stage 1, except the bugs move faster into position. This is only true on Rank A and can be observed at a 25:03 of the video.
    (2) Rank A is the only Rank that crashes and produces a "killscreen," really a crash screen but you get the idea. Rank B loops after a very strange Stage 0 that looks like a Challenge Stage, but has bugs fire at you. Rank C just freezes on Stage 0 with no bugs coming out. And Rank D continues forever. You can see the integer overflow and crash at 3:00:34.823.

These two things confirm Rank A settings.
  9. 12-24-2021, 06:39 PM
    I was about 4 the last time I played this game. I'm not even sure there is an arcade cabinet within 70miles of me. Great score, Accepting.
  10. 12-25-2021, 01:38 PM
    JJT, I will answer your questions and try to add clarification.

1, 2, and 3 seem to be the same question. I did not ask because I did not plan on submitting to Twin Galaxies and showing a "rug" is no longer required by any other Galaga communities. It is also not a requirement for this track, the same as the Micro31 track. It is suggested as a best practice, but not required with an otherwise satisfactory evidence pack, as rank and life settings are easily identified through gameplay. So there was no reason to do such a thing in my mind, though upon retrospect, it would have been a nice addition at any rate, as more evidence is always better, for a better answer to 3.
    4. Yes, that is what a 'rug' is and that does not display for Class of 81. Viewing settings on Class of 81 involves opening the coin op and hitting the 'service' button.

Verification timestamps for Rank were given. I can provide verification timestamps for lives, though simply looking at the 70,000 point crossover is easy enough without.

Merry Christmas JJT
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
Join us