M.A.M.E. - 1942 [Set 1] - Points [Single Player Only] - 168,250 - Richard Gibson

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. M.A.M.E. - 1942 [Set 1] - Points [Single Player Only] - 168,250 - Richard Gibson

11-20-2021, 08:06 PM
    vzaar-player

Points [Single Player Only]
    WolfMame version
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=5226
    Rank

Rules
    ROMSet: 0.106-0.124: 1942 - "1942 (set 1)"
    0.124u4-0.170: 1942a - "1942 (Revision A)"
    Bonus Life:20,000 80,000, 80,000k+
    Starting lives: 3
    Flip screen: Off
    Difficulty: Normal
    Freeze: Off
    Special Rules: This is a Single Player ONLY Variation! Continues are NOT allowed!
    Submission Message
    Evidence provided is cellphone video of my run including the recording start of the inp file and the inp file itself. Hopefully everything is in order and if there's any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks all and happy gaming!

2. 11-21-2021, 11:26 PM
    Hi Richard,
    Please attach your zipped inp file to this thread thanks
  3. 11-22-2021, 08:44 AM
    Sorry everyone I thought I uploaded the zip file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  4. 11-22-2021, 08:52 AM
    great score richard but you played on 2 lives instead of 3 lives looking forward to seeing your re-submission
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot (1063).png  
    Thanks Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
  5. 11-22-2021, 09:08 AM
    I didn't even notice that, I just played the way everything was set up from the get go. I'm not even sure I'd know how to change it from 2 lives to 3 lives. Should I resubmit a score? Also if you or anyone else knows how to change the settings from 2 lives to 3 lives I'd greatly appreciate the help @bensweeneyonbass has been a huge huge help in giving me help with not only getting WolfMAME to run properly but also getting the inp file to work. Thanks for the kudos on the score by the way it's been super fun not only playing but figuring out how to submit everything because I had no idea before.....or now as it turns out ;)
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass thanked this post
  6. 11-22-2021, 09:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jakegibson85 View Post
    I didn't even notice that, I just played the way everything was set up from the get go. I'm not even sure I'd know how to change it from 2 lives to 3 lives. Should I resubmit a score? Also if you or anyone else knows how to change the settings from 2 lives to 3 lives I'd greatly appreciate the help @bensweeneyonbass has been a huge huge help in giving me help with not only getting WolfMAME to run properly but also getting the inp file to work. Thanks for the kudos on the score by the way it's been super fun not only playing but figuring out how to submit everything because I had no idea before.....or now as it turns out ;)
    To change the settings:
    1 Press "Tab"
    2. Go To Dips
    3. Go to lives and then change to 3 then hit Reset

it should work fine then
    Thanks bensweeneyonbass, jakegibson85 thanked this post
    Likes jakegibson85 liked this post
  7. 11-22-2021, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by evan04 View Post
    great score richard but you played on 2 lives instead of 3 lives looking forward to seeing your re-submission
    While he didn't technically follow the rules, does playing with fewer lives necessarily mean a rejection? He put himself at a disadvantage. Does the life setting change the difficulty or number of enemy spawns would be my question? If not, I would accept this run due to the player being at a disadvantage compared to a 3 life player
    Thanks jakegibson85 thanked this post
  8. 11-22-2021, 11:46 PM
    The reason for creating a track with a specific setting is to track score progress of the game with that exact setting. This track is for the setting of 3 lives. If there was another track where only 2 lives are allowed then so be it, otherwise it doesn't belong here.
    Thanks jakegibson85 thanked this post
  9. 11-23-2021, 03:21 AM
    This question has been kicked around a lot on arcade games. Seemingly endlessly.

Since I can’t incontrovertibly and definitely prove that the game plays the same I’m not going to be voting yes on a run where the rules weren’t followed. I would like for us all to just follow the rules. Plus this submitter is absolutely eager to play this game and be here and submitting so he will resubmit a run with proper settings I’m sure.

No reason to allow rule breaking if you ask me.
  10. 11-23-2021, 04:53 AM
    I would also like to say that if you can acknowledge that this run was made under different conditions than specified, be it a disadvantage or not, you’re still acknowledging this run as being under different conditions than the rest of the runs.

Time was I’d let it stay and rely on the dispute process in the future if something came up. Nowadays I cannot rely on a) the ready recollection of the collective TG user base and b) the robustness of the dispute process in the future.

Richard this is nothing on you this is just an adjudication discussion with some policy sprinkled in there. Adjudication threads are permanent and non-editable so it’s a good place to hash out the deets.
Join us