Dispute: Charles Adams - Intellivision - Night Stalker - NTSC/PAL - Medium (Skill Level 2) - Player: AL Birman - Charles Adams

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Charles Adams - Intellivision - Night Stalker - NTSC/PAL - Medium (Skill Level 2) - Player: AL Birman - Charles Adams

11-22-2021, 08:16 AM
    Intellivision - Night Stalker - NTSC/PAL - Medium (Skill Level 2)
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=236934
    Rank

Rules
    This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console. This is the Medium Level which is considered Skill Level 2. Press button 2 on your controller. The screen does not show the level chosen so the controller must be shown on the video when button 2 is pressed.
    Player Name
    AL Birman
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=238743
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2021-11-22
    Disputed Score
    300 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    swaggers
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Rules clearly state that the controller needs to be shown to prove the speed used. There are 3 different speed options so the rules should of been adhered to.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  2. 11-22-2021, 05:43 PM
    I agree, he failed to show his controller, meaning this dispute is valid.
    Lauren Tyler
    Eternal Champion of Ragol
    Thanks swaggers thanked this post
  3. 11-23-2021, 04:20 PM
    I don't know where this personal vendetta comes from !

You're just toxic !!!

Thanks swaggers thanked this post
  4. 11-25-2021, 07:35 AM
    It was deemed important enough that Al did show the controller in the score he submitted to replace this one:

Intellivision - Night Stalker - NTSC/PAL - Medium (Skill Level 2) - 3,900 - AL Birman (twingalaxies.com)

The rules are crystal clear that the controller needs to be shown, I voted with the rules, this score should be removed.
    Undisputed #1 Game Wave Family Entertainment Player
  5. 11-25-2021, 01:52 PM
    It’s not a hard and fast rule. It applies only when adjudicators feel like it.

The speed setting is obvious just watching the game play.

there’s plenty of subs in the database (on all consoles) where player did not show the setting or button. especially new members…. Where another member says “we’ll accept it this time, but show the button in the future”. That’s a fact. We’ve all seen it. Therefore, if this is a strict rule, NONE of those scores should have been accepted.

If this dispute is accepted, then all scores on all consoles not showing the button or setting must be removed from the database; and all present and future subs not showing the button or setting MUST be rejected.

That’s not how we’re been adjudicating for the past 5 years.

Likes thegamer1185 liked this post
  6. 11-25-2021, 02:04 PM
    The reason that I didn’t show the starting button on those two Night Stalker submissions is that I’ve had a medical problem over the last few weeks. It’s a private personal medical.

It inhibits me from being able to stand and lean my body over to show the button. It causes pain for me. Otherwise I would have been happy to show the button.

The speed setting on the games is obvious if you watch the videos. Super-slow-motion is playing in Super-Slow motion.

the Medium speed is playing slow, but clearly faster than super-slow-motion and no-where near disc speed (as in the fast setting). If “Mr. Peanut” is such an Intellivision expert, he would be able to tell the speed setting by watching 5 seconds.

Since for the last 5 years, players have had exceptions made for them, and since the speed setting is crystal obvious on my games, they should be accepted.

Further, since “Mr. Peanut” has a personal vendetta towards me, you have to take his “opinions” on Intellivision with a grain of salt.

Ciao !

7. 11-25-2021, 02:14 PM
    Some history. Pre-2004 the scorebooard was mixed: NTSC, PAL and EMU mixed in together. Sometime in 2004, and discussed internally until taken public, was the notion of splitting the scoreboard. It became public knowledge in a thread at https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...rting-Sep10-06 - 3rd September 2006. A new forum was created shortly thereafter to cope with amount documentation required. The outline was:

"Nothing on this project will be done outside of your knowledge, but be advised that the project will be done in phased fashion. Phase 1 will be the Atari 2600, Phase 2 is ColecoVision, Phase 3 is Intellivision, and Phase 4 and onward will be the rest."
    More detail in https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...on-Score-Split :
    (For those unsure the "Guest" account is RTM - his account was deleted after a fallout sometime in 2007, IIRC.)

End of 2006 & RTM leaves TG: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...old-(12-12-06)
    The project is picked up by Mr. Kelly R Flewin: https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthr...-Status-Update
    - continuing on Phase One.

You can check through the work in the forum: https://www.twingalaxies.com/forumdi...ct/page3?pp=12 - lots of Phase One stuff. It never officially got past Phase One.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
  8. 11-25-2021, 02:14 PM
    Yes, exactly, I replayed both subs to avoid any “controversy”…. Albeit “manufactured” controversy !

Your plan worked! Congratulations.

Caio.

9. 11-26-2021, 10:23 AM
    To quote Al:

I think you are missing some facts.

1) Rickstar8 set up the track.

2) He created the rule "Press button 2 on your controller. The screen does not show the level chosen so the controller must be shown on the video when button 2 is pressed.”.

That should be enough.

This dispute shouldn’t even go into the realm of debate.

The intention of the track creator is crystal clear.

Ciao.
    Undisputed #1 Game Wave Family Entertainment Player
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  10. 11-26-2021, 10:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by swaggers View Post
    To quote Al:

I think you are missing some facts.

1) Rickstar8 set up the track.

2) He created the rule "Press button 2 on your controller. The screen does not show the level chosen so the controller must be shown on the video when button 2 is pressed.”.

That should be enough.

This dispute shouldn’t even go into the realm of debate.

The intention of the track creator is crystal clear.

Ciao.

Yes agreed. I wrote the rules for this track (Night Stalker). I added three speeds to go with the disc speed. You need to show the controller since there are 4 speeds now...
    ***A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of Chess?***
    Thanks Snowflake thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Join us