NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Bubble Bobble - [NTSC - Points - Two Player Game [Normal Mode]] - 850,890 - Steven Lynn

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. NES / FAMICOM / DISK - Bubble Bobble - [NTSC - Points - Two Player Game [Normal Mode]] - 850,890 - Steven Lynn

11-25-2021, 03:54 AM
    vzaar-player

[NTSC - Points - Two Player Game [Normal Mode]]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=210224
    Rank
    Rules
    Must start a NEW game. No Saves or continues allowed! Special Rules: You may freely use Umbrellas to warp ahead. You must start a two-player game for this variation. Add the 2 players score together.
    Submission Message
    Cart and hard power are shown at the beginning.
    Run starts at 10m 46s

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 11-25-2021, 07:21 PM
    I have the final score upon player 2's death at 845,880.
  3. 12-19-2021, 02:35 PM
    As discussed in a different thread. There is no rule that states the scoring stops when one of the players takes a game over or loses their final life. There are examples in the NES 2 player space of both methods being applied and I would say the general consensus is not conclusive. In this case, this is a very small difference in the score and I do not believe it violates and spirit of a rule or any clearly defined rule. Please vote Yes so we can clear this one out of the queue.
    Thanks thegamer1185 thanked this post
  4. 12-19-2021, 03:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by EightBitSteve View Post
    As discussed in a different thread. There is no rule that states the scoring stops when one of the players takes a game over or loses their final life. There are examples in the NES 2 player space of both methods being applied and I would say the general consensus is not conclusive. In this case, this is a very small difference in the score and I do not believe it violates and spirit of a rule or any clearly defined rule. Please vote Yes so we can clear this one out of the queue.
    Man, thanks for the reminder. I'm voting yes on this based on that discussion. 2P games allow continued play after a players game over.
    Thanks EightBitSteve thanked this post
    Likes EightBitSteve liked this post
  5. 12-19-2021, 04:00 PM
    Based on my research, own opinion, and opinion of others who I feel are more familiar with TG than me, I believe 2 Player scores should be added at the definitive end of the game (Game Over). Voting yes.
  6. 12-20-2021, 08:12 AM
    A world record @Jace Hall Twin Galaxies should make a final decision on Teams of 2 to 5 scores
    1. When all players die.
    2. When one player dies.
    Start
    Final
    Name:  image.png
Views: 60
Size:  148.9 KB
    JJT_Defender
    Honored Veteran
    Credibility:30761
    Submission points: 27796
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  7. 12-20-2021, 08:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JJT_Defender View Post
    A world record @Jace Hall Twin Galaxies should make a final decision on Teams of 2 to 5 scores
    1. When all players die.
    2. When one player dies.
    Start
    Final
    Name:  image.png
Views: 60
Size:  148.9 KB
    JJT_Defender
    Honored Veteran
    Credibility:30761
    Submission points: 27796
    The decision was made pre-TGSAP, it somehow go muddied down and forgotten. There was a discussion thread about it. 2P games end when both players have a game over. No need to tag Jace.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  8. 12-20-2021, 09:21 AM
    Then @Jace Hall should tell Twin Galaxies put in the Rules that the FINAL SCORE IS WHEN ALL PLAYERS DIE on all 2 to 5 player team tracks, so there be no confusion to Twin Galaxies members when they are adjudicating and voting on team video game tracks in the future.
    Also, there be more Twin Galaxies members who would be willing to play multiplayer team 2 to 5 players tracks, make it more completive and fun.

Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    The decision was made pre-TGSAP, it somehow go muddied down and forgotten. There was a discussion thread about it. 2P games end when both players have a game over. No need to tag Jace.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  9. 12-20-2021, 06:08 PM
    this is tgsap track. with "add the two players scores together" being the literal rules, i sure take that wording to mean well their scores. I guess theres room to argue it never said when to add their scores together. people can ask @HugDD and @timell what their intent was.

this isnt really jace's, or certainly former tg's call. I mean sure it is jace's call he owns the site BUT hes made clear we can make our own tracks so when i say its not his call i'm just saying his call has been to remove himself from that and allow track creators to do as they wish.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  10. 12-20-2021, 06:09 PM
    sorry left out an m when tagging @timmell
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us