Dispute: Michael Sroka - Intellivision - Frog Bog - Default Settings - 2 Player Team - Player: Richard Weidmann - Michael Sroka

Is this a valid dispute?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Dispute: Michael Sroka - Intellivision - Frog Bog - Default Settings - 2 Player Team - Player: Richard Weidmann - Michael Sroka

11-25-2021, 06:01 PM
    Intellivision - Frog Bog - Default Settings - 2 Player Team
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=210402
    Rank

Rules
    For this track add both players scores for total points.This variation is for both NTSC and PAL as there is no difference between the two on the Intellivision Video Game Console.
    Player Name
    Richard Weidmann
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=223419
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2020-11-29
    Disputed Score
    665 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    timmell
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    This submission is not using 2-players. The submitter stated he used his score + the score of a computer controlled frog. That is not allowed as a global rule for 2-players. 2 players is two human players, or 1 human controlling two controllers to input gameplay controls.

Otherwise if this score is valid. Then I will create a computer with Artificial intelligence designed to play Frog Bog with me. Or better yet, create two computers with artificial intelligence and I will take credit for the whole performance.

Still a great single player score.
  2. 11-25-2021, 06:22 PM
    Rick;

Great score!

But "2-Player Team" means 2 humans.

This should not have passed adjudication.

Voting YES.

3. 11-25-2021, 06:26 PM
    Because there wasn't two human players, I'm going to vote yes on this dispute.
  4. 11-25-2021, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Intellivision Master View Post
    Rick;

Great score!

But "2-Player Team" means 2 humans.

This should not have passed adjudication.

Voting YES.

No worries. I'll get my son to play and maybe together we can equal the score.....
    ***A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of Chess?***
  5. 11-26-2021, 07:40 AM
    Just to be clear here... The rules in this dispute state this...

'2 players is two human players, or 1 human controlling two controllers to input gameplay controls.'

So this means I can play this game a 1 'human' player with two fixed arc frogs using the left controller as the purple frog and the right controller as the white frog correct? So 1 human player using BOTH controllers and this is fine right? Or I can obviously play this with another 'human' as well? So both methods of game-play are fine for this 'two player' game?

One last thing the rules for this game 'should' say 'human' players, it just says 'players'. Maybe the TG meaning of that means two 'human' players, but the game rules for this DO NOT specify that. It should be crystal clear in the games rules. It is NOT...
    ***A strange game. The only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of Chess?***
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 11-26-2021, 08:41 AM
    Where do the rules say one player holding both controls is fine? I see it not specifying. Honestly I think this SHOULD be fine but tg default team rules by default have been this isn’t fine. Further tunnel is one of the track creators so I think he knows what he intended

I think this a dumb default tg rule on teams for its own reason and additionally as we’ve seen a few times now it’s easy for players to not realize that

I hope if/when this score is removed the rules get updated to explicitly state the team rules since these good faith mistakes will keep happening
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes MyOwnWorstEnemy liked this post
  7. 11-26-2021, 08:45 AM
    Ah I see one player two controls isn’t in the rules but it’s listed in the dispute rationale. Honestly that’s how it should be in my opinion but not how it is. If that’s what’s intended then all the more the rules of this track need updated
    Likes Rickster8 liked this post
  8. 11-26-2021, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    I think this a dumb default tg rule on teams for its own reason and additionally as we’ve seen a few times now it’s easy for players to not realize that
    Looking through the rules section I can't find a single "official" ruling on anything 2 player related at all. If I missed where 2 player rules are globally defined please point it out. (Not specifically @Snowflake just replying to his comment.)
    Undisputed #1 Game Wave Family Entertainment Player
  9. 11-26-2021, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by swaggers View Post
    Looking through the rules section I can't find a single "official" ruling on anything 2 player related at all. If I missed where 2 player rules are globally defined please point it out. (Not specifically @Snowflake just replying to his comment.)
    well I’m gonna give the jerk answer of “experience”. Earlier members taught me and I pass it on. I guess they could’ve abused their history to trick me and create new rules by claiming it was always that way

either way I think we’d all agree it does need to be explicit somewhere
  10. 11-26-2021, 09:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    well I’m gonna give the jerk answer of “experience”. Earlier members taught me and I pass it on. I guess they could’ve abused their history to trick me and create new rules by claiming it was always that way

either way I think we’d all agree it does need to be explicit somewhere
    Exactly it's all hidden in the past where we both have to keep everything anyone did before us sacred but also look at it with skepticism at the same time. God forbid a leaderboard site that relies on having rules actually make and enforce any rules.
    Undisputed #1 Game Wave Family Entertainment Player
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Join us