Game Boy / Game Boy Color - Tetris Blast - Contest - Points - 3,821 - Patrick Stanley

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Game Boy / Game Boy Color - Tetris Blast - Contest - Points - 3,821 - Patrick Stanley

11-30-2021, 08:12 PM
    vzaar-player

vzaar-player

vzaar-player

vzaar-player

vzaar-player

vzaar-player

Contest - Points
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=19172
    Rank
    Rules
    • Player must start a new game.
    • No continues allowed.

Submission Message
    Tetris Blast, direct captued with my Nintendo Gamecube with Gameboy Adapter and Gameboy Everdrive.
    Bootup, game selection, and cheat screen are show at the beginning of the first video. Gameplay begins in the last 10-15 seconds of the 3rd video.
    Total score - 3821
    When you start the game, you start from level 1. If you beat level 25, you are given a password that allows you to continue playing up to level 50. You must enter the password to access level 26.
    The passwords in this game are unique based on level of play and score. For example, if I end level 7 with 548 points, I'm given one password. If I end level 7 with 501 points, I would be given a different password
    In the case of this game, you can see that the password I am given after the credits is used to access level 26 and my score carries over.. The question in addition to my gameplay is whether using the password to continue on to level 26 in one continuous game is allowed or breaks the rule of "must start a new game"

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
  2. 12-01-2021, 04:52 AM
    Gameplay selection for the run begins at 27 minutes into the third video from the top.

Other screen shots of interest are included
    Attached Images Attached Images    
  3. 02-06-2022, 01:25 PM
    Gonna bump this for discussion purposes...not looking to screw anyone over with cred hits, so even if you're not comfortable voting on this, would still appreciate opinions and discussion. The issue at hand is outlined above...is the continuation of play to level 26 allowed under current rules?
  4. 02-06-2022, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag82 View Post
    Gonna bump this for discussion purposes...not looking to screw anyone over with cred hits, so even if you're not comfortable voting on this, would still appreciate opinions and discussion. The issue at hand is outlined above...is the continuation of play to level 26 allowed under current rules?
    I'm not familiar with this game, and I haven't watched the video.

My first thought is if you start a new game, receive the password, and immediately continue playing its fine. But if you take that password and come back tomorrow and start from just there, its not fine.

Are there any other situations besides this where you could start from not a new game, that the rules might be getting at?
  5. 02-06-2022, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwyer138 View Post
    I'm not familiar with this game, and I haven't watched the video.

My first thought is if you start a new game, receive the password, and immediately continue playing its fine. But if you take that password and come back tomorrow and start from just there, its not fine.

Are there any other situations besides this where you could start from not a new game, that the rules might be getting at?
    Beyond what you outline above, I don't believe so. I believe the rules were written by someone who didn't know the game continued on after level 25 since a set of credits run after that level. But the game was clearly meant to be able to progress beyond level 25 since the password you are given in level 25 is automatically entered for you in the password screen after level 25 and it maintains your score into level 26.
  6. 02-06-2022, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag82 View Post
    Beyond what you outline above, I don't believe so. I believe the rules were written by someone who didn't know the game continued on after level 25 since a set of credits run after that level. But the game was clearly meant to be able to progress beyond level 25 since the password you are given in level 25 is automatically entered for you in the password screen after level 25 and it maintains your score into level 26.
    Then I don't see any issue with continuing on to level 26 immediately from 25
    Thanks Blackflag82 thanked this post
  7. 02-06-2022, 03:00 PM
    just giving my opinion on the description given, i also did not watch the game nor am i familiar with it, but based on description it sounds like continued play is intended. I also agree that shouldnt be used for a break anymore than a pause should, immediately break only. I'd want to also look over prior scores and see if some precedent was set (in a case like this i do think a precedent can factor in).

my memory might be bad, but doesnt bubble bobble do the same thing? dont you get a password to start "super bubble bobble"?
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  8. 02-06-2022, 04:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    just giving my opinion on the description given, i also did not watch the game nor am i familiar with it, but based on description it sounds like continued play is intended. I also agree that shouldnt be used for a break anymore than a pause should, immediately break only. I'd want to also look over prior scores and see if some precedent was set (in a case like this i do think a precedent can factor in).

my memory might be bad, but doesnt bubble bobble do the same thing? dont you get a password to start "super bubble bobble"?
    Re: previous scores, Don A is the only one with a TGSAP score. At the end of his, he noticed a pw and went to the pw screen but accidentally changed one of the inputs...basically said he would look at it later and then ended the video. So he didn't know about the continuation.

Imo, I feel like not knowing about a continuation and ending there shouldn't set a precedent for future scores. Had he known and stopped I'd agree with the precedent though.
    Likes Excelliron liked this post
  9. 02-09-2022, 04:36 AM
    Don't see a problem with this, you just did what the designers intended, playing with the flow of the game the way it was meant to be played.
    Droplets of yes and no
    In an ocean of maybe
    Thanks Blackflag82 thanked this post
  10. 02-15-2022, 10:43 PM
    As long as one uses the same password they are given during said performance I think thats just fine.

As far as the break between levels the other have commented on, I dont see that as a problem really because that would require a break in filming, which already isnt allowed. As long as there is no break in filming I see no reason one couldnt take a break during that time period in between levels. I think its a non issue though, as one can do that on nearly any game.

I accept this submission, voting yes
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Likes Blackflag82 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us