Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Home Run Contest - Any Character [Distance] - 1287.057 - Luke Tyler

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Nintendo Switch - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Home Run Contest - Any Character [Distance] - 1287.057 - Luke Tyler

12-10-2021, 09:16 PM
    vzaar-player

Additional Video Evidence:
    vzaar-player
    Home Run Contest - Any Character [Distance]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=226583
    Rank
    Rules
    Single-player mode only. Any character may be used. Distance is as reported on the result screen.
    Submission Message
    A video of me performing the record live. The run was completed at 9:44 PM on 12/10/21. I used Ganondorf and achieved a score of 1287.057 KM.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  2. 12-10-2021, 09:29 PM
    The original video length for this upload is 23.02. The video submitted as original evidence is 4:24 though. There are some things that need to be said however:

1. The video uploaded as the original evidence is not the 23:02 minute video. This is because the video is filmed on my iPhone, and is too large (2.4 GB) to export to my PC or to send it via Discord/text/email/etc. The video that is submitted as original evidence is 4 minutes and 24 seconds long, which is a cropped version of the video cutting most of the attempts in order to export.

2. What IS included in the 4:24 video is:
    i. Turning on my Switch, booting up Smash, showing my setup, demonstrating that my controller is the one controlling the system, and going to Home-Run Contest to begin.
    ii. The first of many attempts at a poor angle. The reason this is included is to show that at 1:54, I changed the angle to get a better view of both the score and the game.
    iii. The time in the video where I had cut out most of the attempts is 3:13. I tried to make this edit as clear as possible to avoid accusations of splicing the run, if that is possible in this category.

3. What IS NOT included in the 4:24 video is:
    i. Many, many, MANY failed attempts at the run. 19 minutes of failed attempts was cut from the video to make the video able to upload. In addition, during that 19 minutes there was a hefty amount of vulgar language. I thought it would be professional to remove that as well, as I'm sure younger kids and teenagers use this site as well and I personally do not want them to hear me swearing.

4. I do intend on uploading the original 23:02 video as soon as I can. I need to buy a SIM Card to USB adapter first, as my phone is not able to upload the video in its entirety. As an alternative, I am currently trying to upload the video to iCloud so I can copy the iCloud link and download the full video on my PC. This is simply so I can upload my run sooner than later. To reiterate, yes I do intend on uploading the full video as soon as I can.

5. I read and reread the rules of submitting video evidence on TG's Help and Tutorials page multiple times, and while they strongly encourage unedited videos, it is not required by TG rules. That doesn't mean I'm not uploading the original; as I've stated, the full video is simply too big to export, and will take a couple days.
    PaperBoatHat
  3. 12-11-2021, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PaperBoatHat View Post
    The original video length for this upload is 23.02. The video submitted as original evidence is 4:24 though. There are some things that need to be said however:

1. The video uploaded as the original evidence is not the 23:02 minute video. This is because the video is filmed on my iPhone, and is too large (2.4 GB) to export to my PC or to send it via Discord/text/email/etc. The video that is submitted as original evidence is 4 minutes and 24 seconds long, which is a cropped version of the video cutting most of the attempts in order to export.

2. What IS included in the 4:24 video is:
    i. Turning on my Switch, booting up Smash, showing my setup, demonstrating that my controller is the one controlling the system, and going to Home-Run Contest to begin.
    ii. The first of many attempts at a poor angle. The reason this is included is to show that at 1:54, I changed the angle to get a better view of both the score and the game.
    iii. The time in the video where I had cut out most of the attempts is 3:13. I tried to make this edit as clear as possible to avoid accusations of splicing the run, if that is possible in this category.

3. What IS NOT included in the 4:24 video is:
    i. Many, many, MANY failed attempts at the run. 19 minutes of failed attempts was cut from the video to make the video able to upload. In addition, during that 19 minutes there was a hefty amount of vulgar language. I thought it would be professional to remove that as well, as I'm sure younger kids and teenagers use this site as well and I personally do not want them to hear me swearing.

4. I do intend on uploading the original 23:02 video as soon as I can. I need to buy a SIM Card to USB adapter first, as my phone is not able to upload the video in its entirety. As an alternative, I am currently trying to upload the video to iCloud so I can copy the iCloud link and download the full video on my PC. This is simply so I can upload my run sooner than later. To reiterate, yes I do intend on uploading the full video as soon as I can.

5. I read and reread the rules of submitting video evidence on TG's Help and Tutorials page multiple times, and while they strongly encourage unedited videos, it is not required by TG rules. That doesn't mean I'm not uploading the original; as I've stated, the full video is simply too big to export, and will take a couple days.
    Great score. Do you have an attachment cord so you can connect your PC directly to your phone? That's how I transfer all my data, it's a lot easier than messing with SIM cards.
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes PaperBoatHat, JJT_Defender liked this post
  4. 12-11-2021, 09:05 PM
    Unfortunately I don't, the good news is that I posted the full video!
    PaperBoatHat
    Thanks thegamer1185, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  5. 12-22-2021, 10:12 AM
    Voting yes
    A TG world record awesome
    Name:  image.png
Views: 60
Size:  207.0 KB
    All Twin Galaxies members are allowed many attempts of the same video game recording, there is no limit.
    Helpful tips
    1. Always show the game console system and disk /cartridge, you own it only a few seconds.
    2. Always do a boot-up on/off
    3. Always show the game setting like difficulty, character, level, stage, track, etc.
    4. Make sure you get a clear video recording of your game play and final results, close-up if needed.
    5. Always have all gaming evidence all on video recording.
    6. Time stamps of the start of your record attempt & final results

Start 21:55
    Final
Views: 58
Size:  105.9 KB
Views: 52
Size:  196.8 KB
Views: 52
Size:  290.2 KB
Views: 57
Size:  47.3 KB

Views: 51
Size:  200.2 KB
Views: 53
Size:  151.7 KB
Views: 54
Size:  222.5 KB
    JJT_Defender
    Honored Veteran
    Credibility:30797
    Submission points: 27808
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Join us