Arcade - Super Bikes 2 by Raw Thrills - Fastest Motorcycle Bike Time Chicago - 01:39.58 - Juan Torres

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Arcade - Super Bikes 2 by Raw Thrills - Fastest Motorcycle Bike Time Chicago - 01:39.58 - Juan Torres

12-28-2021, 11:16 AM
    vzaar-player

Fastest Motorcycle Bike Time Chicago
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=245349
    Rank

Rules
    Super Bikes 2 by Raw Thrills Twin Galaxies track rules:Rules#1. Glitches, motorcycle bike simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheat codes, clipping of the track, or hacking of the original game programming is prohibited.2. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet. Show enough of the arcade cabinet to verify that the correct peripherals are included like handlebar, throttle and hand brakes.3. non-glitched short cuts are ok.Settings1. 1 Player only2. Any motorcycle bikes, modifications, transmission, difficulty.3. 4 Turbo boost, 1 at the start and 3 in reserve4. Start time 80 seconds or less & check point bonus time can be 30 seconds or less, can be verified during game play.5. Game settings are not required to be seen.
    Submission Message
    Start :10
    Final 2:23

2. 12-28-2021, 11:19 AM
    Voting yes
    A TG Wr
    Start :10
    Final 2:23
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	136799
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	584.1 KB 
ID:	136798
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  3. 12-28-2021, 05:33 PM
    This seems to be a duplicate track from one Juan has already created. I believe TG frowns upon duplicate tracks and may even forbid them. I take issue with the existence of the track as a duplicate because it allows a player to artificially inflate their WR count.

Personally, I'm going to abstain from voting on this until TG offers some guidance. This seems like a situation in which the entire track could be deleted because it is a duplicate and everyone could end up losing cred simply because Juan didn't want to wait for his poorly worded rules on the other track to be adjusted through the proper process...

Overall, this and all the duplicate track subs Juan has just created feel like NO votes to me...
  4. 12-28-2021, 05:38 PM
    TG technically does (or at least stated they would on state of the galaxies) not only duplicates, BUT as rudy's jaw's duplicate tracks still exist it would appear they have no desire to enforce it
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes Blackflag82 liked this post
  5. 12-28-2021, 05:46 PM
    correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Rudy's Jaws dup the result of the previous track being grandfathered and TG having not yet made a ruling on grandfathered tracks being open for business again?

I see a low priority dup that no one has competed on in over half a decade as a little different (and more likely just really low on the todo list) than a dup created by a player because he just didn't want to wait for TG to fix his previous errors...
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 12-28-2021, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackflag82 View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Rudy's Jaws dup the result of the previous track being grandfathered and TG having not yet made a ruling on grandfathered tracks being open for business again?

I see a low priority dup that no one has competed on in over half a decade as a little different (and more likely just really low on the todo list) than a dup created by a player because he just didn't want to wait for TG to fix his previous errors...
    well yes... but i dont see the difference

the jaws was grandfathered AND told it would be ungrandfathered, rudy lacked patience, and rushed to make a new track instead of waiting for the old to open (which it is now open)
    jjt repeatedly had bad rules and wouldnt wait for it to be fixed and made a new one

both cases made a duplicate with a lack of patience knowing they were circumventing the system

the other difference is rudy's duplicate is super old and they still havent fixed it so not sure why they'd fix a new one, from someone who they expliclty give special permissoins to. remember jjt, through sincerely franny, was given the sole right to make f&f tracks rudy was given no such special status.
  7. 12-28-2021, 06:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    well yes... but i dont see the difference

the jaws was grandfathered AND told it would be ungrandfathered, rudy lacked patience, and rushed to make a new track instead of waiting for the old to open (which it is now open)
    jjt repeatedly had bad rules and wouldnt wait for it to be fixed and made a new one

both cases made a duplicate with a lack of patience knowing they were circumventing the system

the other difference is rudy's duplicate is super old and they still havent fixed it so not sure why they'd fix a new one, from someone who they expliclty give special permissoins to. remember jjt, through sincerely franny, was given the sole right to make f&f tracks rudy was given no such special status.
    You may be right...my recollection was that Rudy created the duplicate track and submitted before TG made a statement about grandfathered tracks, but I could be misremembering. It is worth noting that the grandfathered track has no rules attached to it, so while it was historically essentially the same, it is technically a different track at current to anyone not digging deep into the history of the track.

While there are some similarities, I see a difference between one duplicated sub made in the early days of TGSAP and new TG ownership versus what is happening here. To me the context of other track creation matters as well as the creator (someone who has a current trend of trying to pad and inflate a variety of TG stats).
  8. 12-28-2021, 06:21 PM
    well to be clear i think they should both go. so i'm not doing a two wrong make a right thing, i'm just saying dont get your hopes up
  9. 12-28-2021, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    well to be clear i think they should both go. so i'm not doing a two wrong make a right thing, i'm just saying dont get your hopes up
    Oh, I have no hopes in that regard when it comes to TG...my initial post was more one of wariness about this set of subs and the somewhat arbitrary nature of TG at times.
  10. 12-29-2021, 09:36 AM
    Super Bikes 2 by Raw Thrills Twin Galaxies track rules:
    Rule 1 The Twin Galaxies members that replied on this reply that do not like. Particularly the PC home version & cheat codes.
    Rules
    #1. Glitches, motorcycle bike simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheat codes, clipping of the track, or hacking of the original game programming is prohibited.

2. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet. Show enough of the arcade cabinet to verify that the correct peripherals are included like handlebar, throttle and hand brakes.

3. non-glitched short cuts are ok.
    Settings
    1. 1 Player only

2. Any motorcycle bikes, modifications, transmission, difficulty.

3. 4 Turbo boost, 1 at the start and 3 in reserve

4. Start time 80 seconds or less & check point bonus time can be 30 seconds or less, can be verified during game play.

5. Game settings are not required to be seen.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us