- Snowflake

This poll is closed
  1. - Snowflake

01-05-2022, 06:07 PM
    in the track error creation admin suggested a general forum thread to deal with this issue. Starting this thread for that purpose. Let the suggestions flow

first of all super bikes 2 and "super bikes 2 by raw thrills" is the same game, and all tracks should be under the same game, as opposed to make an entirley new game listing for the same game

current rules for "super bikes 2"
    Rules1. 1 Player only2. Any car, modifications, transmission, difficulty, and any start or checkpoint bonus time is allowed. Normal short cuts are ok.3. 4 Turbo boost, 1 at the start and 3 in reserve4. Glitches, car simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheats, codes, clipping of the track, illegal short-cuts, or hacking of the original game programming is Prohibited.5. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet.6. The player must show enough of the arcade game cabinet to confirm that the correct peripherals like a steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick are being used. Game settings are not required to be seen.

]Note: the grey color is a side effect of me cutting and pasting from the rules. That rule 4 has to be completely removed. I understand being explicit about some things, but telling people not to cheat as well other rules that boil down to "this rule is that you must follow the other rules" just make clutter making it harder to read and easier to miss the actual rules.
    rule 6 is about cars and this game is for bikes so rule 6 needs deleted or reworded
    Last edited by Jace Hall; 01-05-2022 at 10:37 PM.
  2. 01-05-2022, 06:15 PM
    Here is a template to work from:

Game Play
    - 1 player only
    - Use any difficulty
    - Use any motorcycle
    - Use any transmission
    - In game modifications are allowed

Hardware
    - Conversion kits are allowed
    - Show the arcade cabinet to verify the correct peripherals including handlebar, throttle and hand brakes

Settings (verified during game play)
    - 1 Turbo boost at the start, 3 in reserve
    - Start time 80 seconds or less
    - Bonus time can be 30 seconds or less

Shortcuts
    - all official shortcuts created by the programmers are allowed
    - glitches that allow for game play NOT desired by the original programmers are NOT allowed. This includes breaking boundaries (travelling through walls, leaving the map temporarily)
    - cheat codes are NOT allowed
    - wall riding (rubbing up against a wall while driving) IS allowed, as this is an arcade game and is not intending to be a realistic depiction of motorcycle racing
  3. 01-05-2022, 06:19 PM
    super bikes 2 by raw thrills rules
    Super Bikes 2 by Raw Thrills Twin Galaxies track rules:Rules#1. Glitches, motorcycle bike simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheat codes, clipping of the track, or hacking of the original game programming is prohibited.2. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet. Show enough of the arcade cabinet to verify that the correct peripherals are included like handlebar, throttle and hand brakes.3. non-glitched short cuts are ok.Settings1. 1 Player only2. Any motorcycle bikes, modifications, transmission, difficulty.3. 4 Turbo boost, 1 at the start and 3 in reserve4. Start time 80 seconds or less & check point bonus time can be 30 seconds or less, can be verified during game play.5. Game settings are not required to be seen.

these are idnetical to superbikes 2 rules, except rule 6 as well as reording of the same rules. i know tg wont delete all jjts tracks, but perhaps delate half of his tracks as there are true duplicates. rule 6 did have to go, so perhaps this is the better ruleset to keep. my earlier objection to rule 4 applies here as well except here its rule 1.
    Last edited by Jace Hall; 01-05-2022 at 10:37 PM.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  4. 01-05-2022, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post

Game Play
    - 1 player only
    - Use any difficulty
    - Use any motorcycle
    - Use any transmission

Hardware
    - Show the arcade cabinet to verify the correct peripherals including handlebar, throttle and hand brakes

Settings (verified during game play)

Shortcuts
    - all official shortcuts created by the programmers are allowed
    - glitches that allow for game play NOT desired by the original programmers are NOT allowed. This includes breaking boundaries (travelling through walls, leaving the map temporarily)
    - wall riding (rubbing up against a wall while driving) IS allowed, as this is an arcade game and is not intending to be a realistic depiction of motorcycle racing
    To make the gameplay section shorter, I suggest:

Game Play
    - 1 player only
    - Any difficulty, motorcycle and transmission.

No need for that many lines.
    Daniel Ocampo
    Tomena Sanner
    Champion and JJT lover (not in that way).
    Likes Snowflake, datagod liked this post
  5. 01-05-2022, 07:13 PM
    I write technical documents as part of my job, so I get a little verbose. I like your suggestion. Sweet and simple.
    Your friend, datagod
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Thanks Pixe Sukola thanked this post
  6. 01-08-2022, 03:20 PM
    These are the condensed rules suggested by @datagod⁠ :
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    Game Play
    - 1 player only
    - Use any difficulty
    - Use any motorcycle
    - Use any transmission
    Hardware
    - Show the arcade cabinet to verify the correct peripherals including handlebar, throttle and hand brakes Settings (verified during game play)
    Shortcuts - all official shortcuts created by the programmers are allowed

These are the condensed rules suggested by @JJT_Defender⁠ :
    Settings

1. Solo
    2. Any motorcycle, modifications, transmission, & difficulty, is allowed.
    3. Start 80 seconds or less, check point 30 seconds of less, can be verified in the race.
    3. Start & Check time affects Most Tricks & Most Airtime
    4. 4 turbo boost, 1 at the start & 3 in reserve

Rules

1. Game settings are not required to be seen.
    2. Show arcade game cabinet & peripherals handlebar, throttle & handbrake.
    3. Conversion kits are allowed but in an arcade game cabinet.
    4. Allowed program shortcuts, glitch shortcuts are not.
    5. Prohibited are glitches, simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheat codes, or hacking game programming.

ADDITIONAL INFO

- Start & check time affects these tracks Most Tricks, Most Airtime, Most Drift Time, & Biggest Drift Chain.
    - Reason the more start & check point time the more tricks, more airtime, more drift time & biggest drift chain can be accomplished.

Some of the glitches are listed below for reference:
    - Creating a Turbo boost off objects like buildings, bridges, roads, trees, etcetera, can get a player unrealistic speed from 500 to 995 mph
    - Getting stuck in any object in mid-air during a jump is prohibited. A player's vehicle must remain in motion while executing jumps.
    - Creating a flip sequence that extends beyond the normal bounds of the game's programming.
    - Utilizing prohibited glitch shortcuts or clipping of the track where a player can skip huge parts of the track by going through mountains, buildings, trees, bridges etc.
    - While drift chaining on the racetrack, your car gets stuck in one place, the drift chaining continues, a player can achieve 600 to 1,200 drift chain.
    - What is Drift Chaining is when you steer your car from left to right while drifting, the chaining count stops when a player's car hit something like a building, vehicle etc.

We are also being asked to Combine FAST AND FURIOUS SUPER CARS & Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars all the tracks and Twin Galaxies world records together into one.

Can the community look at these two rule sets and answer these questions:

1.) Is @datagod⁠'s rule set suggestion comprehensive enough to satisfy what is covered in @JJT_Defender⁠' condensed ruleset? If not, what aspects of JJT's ruleset should be incorporated into @datagod⁠'s?

2.) Would it be better to use JJT's condensed ruleset and not bother trying to modify @datagod's ruleset suggestion?

3.) Is the request of merging the tracks after the ruleset is finalized a reasonable request?

Thank you.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
  7. 01-08-2022, 05:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    These are the condensed rules suggested by @datagod⁠ :

These are the condensed rules suggested by @JJT_Defender⁠ :

We are also being asked to Combine FAST AND FURIOUS SUPER CARS & Fast and Furious Super Cars / Super Cars all the tracks and Twin Galaxies world records together into one.

Can the community look at these two rule sets and answer these questions:

1.) Is @datagod⁠'s rule set suggestion comprehensive enough to satisfy what is covered in @JJT_Defender⁠' condensed ruleset? If not, what aspects of JJT's ruleset should be incorporated into @datagod⁠'s?

2.) Would it be better to use JJT's condensed ruleset and not bother trying to modify @datagod's ruleset suggestion?

3.) Is the request of merging the tracks after the ruleset is finalized a reasonable request?

Thank you.
    I think Datagod's ruleset is simpler to follow. Combining scores where necessary should always be done if they are the same game/track. I have one question about the rules though. Why are we stating "80 seconds or less and check point times 30 seconds or less" for the time settings? Why is not a specific time so it's the same for everyone? Is this because people stopped wanting to open the cabinet for JJT so this is the way around that? I'm all good with not showing the cabinet if the game clearly displays it. If there isn't going to be a specific time setting (I think there should be a specific time setting) I would word it something like "All time settings are allowed".

We don't need a drawn out short cut rule either. "Shortcuts are allowed" or "Shortcuts are not allowed" should suffice since other TG global rules about glitches and what not cover the "programmers intent".

Also, there are 3 different types of point structures he wants to keep track of; Fastest time, Most air time, most tricks. Do these settings satisfy all of those needs or will there need to be a few other alterations to meet those requirements as well? I honestly don't know, asking the question here since it's being taken care of here. It would be kind of silly if we figured this all out, and then had to go back and change them again to cover one of those other point structures.
    Likes datagod liked this post
  8. 01-08-2022, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    Why are we stating "80 seconds or less and check point times 30 seconds or less" for the time settings? Why is not a specific time so it's the same for everyone? Is this because people stopped wanting to open the cabinet for JJT so this is the way around that?
    In part it is JJT and folks not opening up the cabinet, but part is that different arcades set to different times. Less out of anything principled, and more just because that's what the setting is. So I think the basis of 80 or less is that is the max, so it will not stop anyone from playing and submitting.. I believe there is also no benefit with it being more or less in terms of the final time.

I do like the simpler wording of "any time settings are allowed" or something to that effect
  9. 01-08-2022, 06:32 PM
    since jjt rules out wall riding and datagod allows it, now datagods rule set and jjts are not identical. i will stick up for jjt rights to outlaw that if he wishes. However i'm confused by describining jjts rules as "condensced" when they still even include things like no cheating, and no using emulators or pc on arcade. I guess he changed one player only to "solo" and less words can help, but the real issue wasnt things like that so much as completley unneeded rules such as all the rules just stating that you have to follow the other rules.
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Likes Blackflag82 liked this post
  10. 01-08-2022, 11:33 PM
    Right off the bad, JJT's settings include TWO step 3's. The second step 3 serves no purpose.

Name:  2022-01-09 02_32_14-- Snowflake - Brave.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  70.6 KB
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us