Fixing fast and furious super bikes rules

This poll is closed
  1. 01-08-2022, 11:39 PM
    As a life long computer programmer I am an expert at logic and problem solving. This entire section is filled with ambiguity and half sentences. Nothing should be left to interpretation when writing a technical specification.

Is this a list of forbidden glitches? If so, one of the glitches forbidden is the use of prohibited glitches. The last sentence is more of a conversation than an itemized glitch.

This makes my head hurt.

Name:  2022-01-09 02_36_48-- Snowflake - Brave.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  244.5 KB
  2. 01-09-2022, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by datagod View Post
    As a life long computer programmer I am an expert at logic and problem solving. This entire section is filled with ambiguity and half sentences. Nothing should be left to interpretation when writing a technical specification.

Is this a list of forbidden glitches? If so, one of the glitches forbidden is the use of prohibited glitches. The last sentence is more of a conversation than an itemized glitch.

This makes my head hurt.

Name:  2022-01-09 02_36_48-- Snowflake - Brave.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  244.5 KB
    For everything written in the black area. These are all glitches, which would be identifiable within the video of the submission. Glitches are not allowed under standard TG Global rules...unless they are. So all of that can be condensed down to either "Glitches are allowed" or there doesn't need to be anything about glitches because they are already not allowed.

Looks like the rules are coming down to this.

1. Player may use any settings and vehicles available in the game

2. (You guys word this however you need) Mod kits are allowed.

3. Player must show a quick view of the handle bars, hand brakes, and hand throttle. (Again, word however needed)

That's it, there doesn't need to be any rule about glitches (TG rules covers that), the game is already tracked in the "Arcade" area of TG leaderboard so the stuff about emulation/PC not being allowed would already not be allowed, and no need to have a rule about showing/not show settings since the player may use whatever settings they want which solves the opening cabinet issue as well.Those 3 rules worded properly along with TG Global rules should cover most everything and it's done in a simple manner.

We have hundreds of tracks in the database that simply read "Default settings" and there are no issues, this game doesn't need to be that difficult either.

Edit: No need to mention how the time affects the game either, because it's players choice on settings.
    Last edited by thegamer1185; 01-09-2022 at 12:24 PM.
    Thanks datagod thanked this post
    Likes datagod liked this post
  3. 01-09-2022, 01:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    For everything written in the black area. These are all glitches, which would be identifiable within the video of the submission. Glitches are not allowed under standard TG Global rules...unless they are. So all of that can be condensed down to either "Glitches are allowed" or there doesn't need to be anything about glitches because they are already not allowed. Looks like the rules are coming down to this. 1. Player may use any settings and vehicles available in the game 2. (You guys word this however you need) Mod kits are allowed. 3. Player must show a quick view of the handle bars, hand brakes, and hand throttle. (Again, word however needed) That's it, there doesn't need to be any rule about glitches (TG rules covers that), the game is already tracked in the "Arcade" area of TG leaderboard so the stuff about emulation/PC not being allowed would already not be allowed, and no need to have a rule about showing/not show settings since the player may use whatever settings they want which solves the opening cabinet issue as well.Those 3 rules worded properly along with TG Global rules should cover most everything and it's done in a simple manner. We have hundreds of tracks in the database that simply read "Default settings" and there are no issues, this game doesn't need to be that difficult either. Edit: No need to mention how the time affects the game either, because it's players choice on settings.
    Ok.
    In using the above information and the other aforementioned comments, will someone put forth what can be considered a final agreed upon condensed rule set.
    It is agreed that since these tracks are founded by @JJT_Defender⁠ - wall riding can be prohibited as part of the ruleset.
    So. What should the final optimized and written rule set be? @datagod⁠ since you previously attempted, would you like to provide a final revision?
  4. 01-09-2022, 07:18 PM
    I'll attempt a re-write and post it here, likely tomorrow. Everyone can discuss and comment. It is difficult to come to a consensus when we are not all in the same room.
  5. 01-09-2022, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thegamer1185 View Post
    For everything written in the black area. These are all glitches, which would be identifiable within the video of the submission.
    I disagree. It is not a list of glitches. It is a list of glitches plus comments about glitches. That is my point. I do like your idea of not even mentionioning glitches -- or at the very most stating they are not allowed.
  6. 01-14-2022, 11:55 AM
    @datagod - are you still planning on contributing further to this?
    Likes datagod liked this post
  7. 01-14-2022, 01:15 PM
    Yes I am. It has been a hectic week here in Subarctica. I'll submit a final version tonight.
  8. 01-16-2022, 06:56 AM
    Here is my final attempt. I left out the Wall Riding rule because I need clarification from @JJT_Defender because I believe we have differing opinions on the definition. We may actually want the same thing (no glitch enabled wall traversing, but rubbing the wall is ok) but until he comments I am not comfortable adding the rule. As you said, he is the founder of these tracks and can have his rule as he wrote it. I won't object, but I do wish there was clarity first.

Game Play
    - 1 player only
    - Player may use any settings and vehicles available in the game
    - Cheat codes are NOT allowed

Hardware
    - Conversion kits are allowed
    - Show the arcade cabinet to verify the correct peripherals including handlebar, throttle and hand brakes

Thank you for taking the time to deal with this issue.
    Your friend, datagod
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Thanks TWIN GALAXIES thanked this post
  9. 01-18-2022, 04:51 PM
    We received these below rule from JJT as his preference for the final ruleset. There is some slight deviation from @datagod⁠'s so just wanted to make a last check that the below would be acceptable to everyone:

---START---

Settings
    - Solo (1 player only)
    - Players can use any motorcycle fully upgraded, transmission, & difficulty.
    - Start time 80 seconds or less & check point bonus time 30 seconds of less, can be verified in the race.
    - 4 turbo boost, 1 at the start & 3 in reserve.

Rules
    - Prohibited are simulators, PC home version, cheat codes, & glitch use.
    - Game settings are not required to be seen.

Hardware
    - Show arcade game cabinet & peripherals handlebar, throttle, & right handbrake.
    - Conversion kits are allowed but in an arcade game cabinet.

---END---

@JJT_Defender⁠ also stated the below:
    All the Twin Galaxies world records, tracks & rules can be under one track Super Bikes 2.

Tracks are
    1. Fastest motorcycle times
    2. Most Airtime
    3. Most Tricks

Is all of this agreed by the community?
    Please click "like" or "thanks"
  10. 01-18-2022, 08:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by TWIN GALAXIES View Post
    We received these below rule from JJT as his preference for the final ruleset. There is some slight deviation from @datagod⁠'s so just wanted to make a last check that the below would be acceptable to everyone:

---START---

Settings
    - Solo (1 player only)
    - Players can use any motorcycle fully upgraded, transmission, & difficulty.
    - Start time 80 seconds or less & check point bonus time 30 seconds of less, can be verified in the race.
    - 4 turbo boost, 1 at the start & 3 in reserve.

Rules
    - Prohibited are simulators, PC home version, cheat codes, & glitch use.
    - Game settings are not required to be seen.

Hardware
    - Show arcade game cabinet & peripherals handlebar, throttle, & right handbrake.
    - Conversion kits are allowed but in an arcade game cabinet.

---END---

@JJT_Defender⁠ also stated the below:

Is all of this agreed by the community?
    Please click "like" or "thanks"

Concern 1

"Players can use any motorcycle fully upgraded, transmission, & difficulty".

This is open to several interpretations:
    "Players can use any motorcycle, transmission, and difficulty setting."
    "Players can use any motorcycle but it must be fully upgraded. Players can use any transmission and difficulty setting"

I vote for: "Player may use any settings and vehicles available in the game". That covers all the vehicle and transmission combinations and difficulty settings.

Concern 2
    "- Start time 80 seconds or less & check point bonus time 30 seconds of less, can be verified in the race.
    - 4 turbo boost, 1 at the start & 3 in reserve."

This is no longer needed. It is covered by "Player may use any settings and vehicles available in the game"

Concern 3
    "- Prohibited are simulators, PC home version, cheat codes, & glitch use."
    Simulators and PC Home Versions are on different platforms. It is not necessary at all to mention them here.
    Glitch use is already forbidden in the general rules.
    "Cheat codes are NOT allowed" is acceptable.

This iterative process will continue as long as you keep going back and forth between various community members, but I do thank you for your efforts.
    Your friend, datagod
    https://hashnode.com/@datagod/joinme
    Thanks thegamer1185 thanked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Join us