Dispute: Sean Dwyer - Arcade - Super Bikes 2 - Fastest Time Sturgis Medium - Player: Juan Torres - Score: 01:42.42

Is this a valid dispute?

You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Sean Dwyer - Arcade - Super Bikes 2 - Fastest Time Sturgis Medium - Player: Juan Torres - Score: 01:42.42

01-06-2022, 07:33 PM
    Arcade - Super Bikes 2 - Fastest Time Sturgis Medium
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=238719
    Rank

Rules
    Rules1. 1 Player only2. Any car, modifications, transmission, difficulty, and any start or checkpoint bonus time is allowed. Normal short cuts are ok.3. 4 Turbo boost, 1 at the start and 3 in reserve4. Glitches, car simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheats, codes, clipping of the track, illegal short-cuts, or hacking of the original game programming is Prohibited.5. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet.6. The player must show enough of the arcade game cabinet to confirm that the correct peripherals like a steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick are being used. Game settings are not required to be seen.
    Player Name
    Juan Torres
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=240100
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2021-12-17
    Disputed Score
    01:42.42 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    sdwyer138
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    The rules state that the player may select "any car". The player selects a motorcycle, not a car.

The rules state that the cabinet should have a "steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick". This cabinet does not have any of those components.
  2. 01-06-2022, 09:46 PM
    If the language around "car" was replaced with "motorcycle," and if the description of a cabinet with a "steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick" was removed, would that satisfy the objective of the dispute thread eg. the dispute could become inactive?
  3. 01-07-2022, 05:27 AM
    Yes a simple wording change could have prevented this. However instead of pursuing that option, JJT chose to create a duplicate entry for the game itself and duplicated all the tracks using the corrected wording.
  4. 01-07-2022, 06:21 AM
    This is a sticky area - if rules say X when player submits a score, but the score doesn't follow X, the rules shouldn't be changed after the fact to match the score submission.

I know JJT founded these tracks himself. That does not mean he can't make mistakes in submission. I know the mistake was in the writing of the rules by common knowledge, but as it stands, rule set X exists and he submitted and he didn't follow rule set X.

I know this is the only score on this track. That does not mean that an allowance should be made. TG themselves, when considering and implementing track edit options for user-founded tracks, indicated that the rules could only be edited prior to any submissions being made on the tracks. That is a clear stopping point. A score has been submitted and accepted on this track, so the rules should not be edited.
  5. 01-07-2022, 06:25 AM
    As for this dispute, I'm voting yes that it is a valid dispute. See above ruling out a rule change. If a rule change will not be made, then this score needs removed based on the rules not being followed.

I'm soft on the interchangeability of "car" and "motorcycle" because they're both vehicles BUT I am hard on the indication that certain peripherals should have been used. Even if they are impossible.

These tracks are literally impossible to submit to and follow the rules. I suppose you could custom mod a cab yourself and stick the car peripherals on the motorcycle game. Even then you'd probably enjoy a high level of scrutiny.
  6. 01-07-2022, 07:53 AM
    a preivous objection was brought up elsewhere on deleting tracks with scores on them which i get. I'd like to add here, as i did there, that in the case of duplicates, the score can be moved. The duplicate tracks, that have the only difference of having rules which are possible to follow, those tracks which were meant to replace/fix these, well, cant you just admin justmove these scores to those tracks?
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender liked this post
  7. 03-29-2022, 12:53 PM
    Twin Galaxies members let's get these arcade Super Bikes 2 disputes out of the que
    thank you

Voting yes on a minor mistake in the Super Bikes 2 rules
    Note the play and record of Juan Torres JJT is legit

Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    1. The rules state that the player may select "any car". The player selects a motorcycle, not a car.
    2. The rules state that the cabinet should have a "steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick". This cabinet does not have any of those components.

The arcade Super Bikes 2 rules have been changed,
    New Super Bikes 2 RULES×
    TRACK RULES
    Settings
    - Solo (1 player only)
    - Start time must be 80 seconds and Check point bonus time must be 30 seconds.
    - Other than the specified required times, player may use any settings and vehicles available in the game
    - Maximum of 4 turbo boosts can be used per race.
    Rules
    - Cheat codes are NOT allowed
    - Game settings are not required to be seen.
    Hardware
    - Show arcade game cabinet & controls used.
    - Conversion kits are allowed but it must be in an arcade game cabinet.

Old Super Bikes 2 Rules
    1. 1 player only & any car, modifications, transmissions, difficulty, 4 turbo boost 1 at the start, 3 in reserve are allowed. Normal short cuts are ok.
    2. Start Time can be 80 seconds or less & Check Point Bonus Time can be 30 seconds or less. (They can be verified & seen at the start & during the race. These 2 game settings are the only ones you can see in the race.)
    3. The player must show enough of the arcade game cabinet to confirm that the correct peripherals like a steering wheel, pedal, and gear stick are being used. Game settings are not required to be seen.
    4. Glitches, car simulators, use of PC home version, emulators, wall-riding, cheat codes, clipping of the track, illegal short-cuts, or hacking of the original game programming is prohibited.
    5. Conversion kits are allowed but must be in an arcade game cabinet.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
Join us