Android - Candy Crush Saga - World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1 - 116,340 - Racheal Picou

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. Android - Candy Crush Saga - World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1 - 116,340 - Racheal Picou

01-11-2022, 04:13 PM
    vzaar-player

World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=245394
    Rank
    Rules
    The use of boosters is not allowed. 1 The use of continues is not allowed. Notes: 1: Boosters are selected or equipped by the player. Items that appear during the game as a result of gameplay are not counted as boosters, in order to prevent gameplay tactics being hindered.
    Submission Message
    Candy Crush Saga
    World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1
    Game boot :03
    Run starts :23
    Run ends :59
    Final score - 116,340

Thanks Almighty Dreadlock, JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Rev John liked this post
  2. 01-11-2022, 04:39 PM
    Ha, I see I've started a movement :) Accepted! I'm going to have to see if I can rename the tracks to the new convention the iOS tracks will have considering the fact that the name and level design can change without warning.
  3. 01-11-2022, 08:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by voltronforce0 View Post
    Ha, I see I've started a movement :) Accepted! I'm going to have to see if I can rename the tracks to the new convention the iOS tracks will have considering the fact that the name and level design can change without warning.
    Actually, wait. Hold on a second. @Barthax, Racheal's submission for Level 1 is the same design as my Level 1 submission - it is not the original design. Should I create another track like we plan to do for iOS or should I just let any design operate on this track as long as it's Level 1?
  4. 01-11-2022, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by voltronforce0 View Post
    Actually, wait. Hold on a second. @Barthax, Racheal's submission for Level 1 is the same design as my Level 1 submission - it is not the original design. Should I create another track like we plan to do for iOS or should I just let any design operate on this track as long as it's Level 1?
    Once you've got the new rules in place, setting up a new track for all levels makes sense.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  5. 01-12-2022, 03:32 AM
    Question.. is something wrong with her submission? I went over it myself to make sure it hit all the required marks.
    Fightcade - SilentApostle
    TTV/silentapostle
  6. 01-12-2022, 04:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Apostle View Post
    Question.. is something wrong with her submission? I went over it myself to make sure it hit all the required marks.
    Sorry, new submission, different player, old discussion. We (both) should have started from the beginning!

So this track was specifically created for the World 1: Episode 1: Candy Town: Level 1. Racheal has played that level and matches the rules. However, the manufacturers of the game have shuffled/recreated every single level so Racheal hasn't played the same layout of Level 1 that the original scores on this track were played on.

For voltronforce0, he also submitted to lots of other tracks where the new version of the game does not match the TG track title: after significant discussion voltronforce0 chose to request a No vote across all his submissions with a new course of action in mind. Between a few of us we have come up with a new rule set which will work for any submission across time (hoping that the game isn't changed wildly, of course!). Once those tracks are created, voltronforce0 will re-submit to those.

This submission sits in a grey area I don't have a perfect answer for: it is conceptually covered by "not like-for-like" or "not level playing field" which is a guiding principal of the scoreboard and therefore I lean towards a no vote. I'm not going to call for a No vote myself on this submission as Racheal has met the track title and the rules (same way I treated voltronforce0's submission).
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Likes nads, JJT_Defender liked this post
  7. 01-12-2022, 09:49 AM
    I think I understand just want to get a little clarification so we do this right.

Racheal is submitting to the Android version of CCS. There were no previous scores as I was the original track creator. However due to a reshuffling of the game itself and issues with the iOS version of the game there is an amended ruleset in the works with tracks coming in the near future therefore the best bet would simply be to ask for a no vote and wait for the new tracks, yes?

Like I said this was her first submission and we just want to make sure everything is done right. Thanks in advance.
    Fightcade - SilentApostle
    TTV/silentapostle
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  8. 01-12-2022, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent Apostle View Post
    I think I understand just want to get a little clarification so we do this right.

Racheal is submitting to the Android version of CCS. There were no previous scores as I was the original track creator. However due to a reshuffling of the game itself and issues with the iOS version of the game there is an amended ruleset in the works with tracks coming in the near future therefore the best bet would simply be to ask for a no vote and wait for the new tracks, yes?

Like I said this was her first submission and we just want to make sure everything is done right. Thanks in advance.
    Yes. I was thinking about having one set of tracks for each level's initial design and 1 set of tracks for all updates. For example, Level 1, which has had 3 different level designs in its history, would have 1 track for the design it had at launch and 1 track for any updates that (have) occur(ed) for a total of 2 separate Level 1 tracks. To keep it consistent this would be applied to the Android, PC, and iOS versions.
    Thanks Silent Apostle, NoellaStorm thanked this post
  9. 01-12-2022, 12:17 PM
    Thinking about the Android situation further: there is no history of submissions for the track so I'm not even leaning towards a no vote as there's nothing to compare to!

Racheal: apologies you have landed in the middle of a lengthy discussion that originating on the iOS tracks and you probably were not even aware of! Welcome to Twin Galaxies. :D
    Thanks Rev John thanked this post
    Likes voltronforce0 liked this post
  10. 01-12-2022, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    Thinking about the Android situation further: there is no history of submissions for the track so I'm not even leaning towards a no vote as there's nothing to compare to!
    This is what I was thinking, but like you said in pms before, there might be a small chance somebody has a screen recording for the original design and decides to submit. It's not farfetched to think somebody recorded a level, uploaded it onto YouTube, then years later discovers Twin Galaxies and decides to pull their videos from YT and submit it. Plus there's also a uniformity aspect: both iOS and Android have identical levels, so shouldn't both have identical track conventions? If it's been established that the "World #: Episode #: Name: Level #" format is for the original track designs, then shouldn't both phones have a "Level #" format for all levels that get updated?

Sorry Racheal, you really picked a hell of a time and track to submit to. The submission itself is fine, it's the track that's being debated. You also beat my score in the process :)
    Likes NoellaStorm, Barthax liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us