Dispute: Andrew Mee - iOS - Candy Crush Saga - World 2: Episode 8: Salty Canyon: Level 109 - Player: Kireeti Phani Devarakonda - Score: 358,740

Is this a valid dispute?

    You have no permission to view/vote this poll.
You may not vote on this poll
  1. Dispute: Andrew Mee - iOS - Candy Crush Saga - World 2: Episode 8: Salty Canyon: Level 109 - Player: Kireeti Phani Devarakonda - Score: 358,740

    01-01-2022, 05:37 AM
    iOS - Candy Crush Saga - World 2: Episode 8: Salty Canyon: Level 109
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=201782
    Rank

    Rules
    The use of boosters is not allowed. 1
    The use of continues is not allowed.

    Notes:
    1: Boosters are selected or equipped by the player. Items that appear during the game as a result of gameplay are not counted as boosters, in order to prevent gameplay tactics being hindered.
    Player Name
    Kireeti Phani Devarakonda
    Original Adjudication
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/showthread.php?t=240535
    Verification Method
    TGSAP
    Verification Date
    2022-01-01
    Disputed Score
    358,740 (Rank 1)
    Disputed By
    Barthax
    Dispute Evidence / Rationale
    Wrong level played. Chocolate Mountain area can be seen before the level 109 is selected which must mean the wrong World is in play. Compared with other submissions, the level layout is clearly different.
  2. 01-01-2022, 05:38 AM
    Level selection can be confirmed in the video as follows:
    Name:  ChocolateMountain.png
Views: 233
Size:  628.9 KB
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  3. 01-01-2022, 06:20 AM
    This dispute is going to be fun.

    Why would I say that? Well, because the record is technically valid.

    From what I've seen, Candy Crush's levels are uniquely numbered, which means that there is only one "level 109". The reason this submission's "level 109" is different from a previous sub's "level 109" is that the game has been replotted, via relatively recent updates. Since the track makes no stipulation about which game version to use, both records are valid, even though their gameplays don't match.

    The only way to invalidate this record is to alter the rules, adding a requirement to play certain outdated versions of the game. However, the existence of accepted subs on the scoreboard precludes such an option.

    Alternatively, a new "level 109" track could be created, with an up to date title, reflecting the changes made to the game. This record could then be transferred to that scoreboard.








  4. 01-01-2022, 08:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Dreadlock View Post
    This dispute is going to be fun.

    Why would I say that? Well, because the record is technically valid.

    From what I've seen, Candy Crush's levels are uniquely numbered, which means that there is only one "level 109". The reason this submission's "level 109" is different from a previous sub's "level 109" is that the game has been replotted, via relatively recent updates. Since the track makes no stipulation about which game version to use, both records are valid, even though their gameplays don't match.

    The only way to invalidate this record is to alter the rules, adding a requirement to play certain outdated versions of the game. However, the existence of accepted subs on the scoreboard precludes such an option.

    Alternatively, a new "level 109" track could be created, with an up to date title, reflecting the changes made to the game. This record could then be transferred to that scoreboard.




    Yes, I made note of this in one of my submissions that the level design had changed between Brandon's submission in 2018 and my submission in 2021. I proposed a track for Candy Crush Soda so I checked their wikia, and it seems like it's remained relatively unchanged since 2014 while the original game has been updated a ton. The problem with making a new level 109 track and one for all the others is that we'd have to make hundreds of tracks every time King updates the game, and it would render some scores as unbeatable not because they're outrageously high but because they are no longer available to play.
  5. 01-01-2022, 08:55 AM
    Nuke all mobile games from the site.
  6. 01-23-2022, 09:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by voltronforce0 View Post
    Yes, I made note of this in one of my submissions that the level design had changed between Brandon's submission in 2018 and my submission in 2021. I proposed a track for Candy Crush Soda so I checked their wikia, and it seems like it's remained relatively unchanged since 2014 while the original game has been updated a ton. The problem with making a new level 109 track and one for all the others is that we'd have to make hundreds of tracks every time King updates the game, and it would render some scores as unbeatable not because they're outrageously high but because they are no longer available to play.

    We are creating a way for games to have versions. The work is in progress. When it is complete, this submission will be moved to the correct version # of the game.
  7. 08-02-2022, 12:28 AM
    Score has been moved to an appropriate version based on date.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/ca...r%2013,%202021
    Thanks Barthax, Luigi Ruffolo thanked this post
    Likes Barthax, voltronforce0 liked this post
  8. 08-02-2022, 12:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    Score has been moved to an appropriate version based on date.
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/game/ca...r%2013,%202021
    As it stands, that change doesn't remove the problem of the dispute: it's still "Chocolate Mountain" Level 109 and not "Salty Canyon" Level 109. I know it would be a long exercise but could I implore the removal of the "World", "Episode" and naming of the levels: leaving just the Level # syntax in the title.
    Name:  Screenshot from 2022-08-02 08:33:39.png
Views: 25
Size:  760.4 KB
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Jace Hall thanked this post
  9. 08-02-2022, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthax View Post
    As it stands, that change doesn't remove the problem of the dispute: it's still "Chocolate Mountain" Level 109 and not "Salty Canyon" Level 109. I know it would be a long exercise but could I implore the removal of the "World", "Episode" and naming of the levels: leaving just the Level # syntax in the title. Name:  Screenshot from 2022-08-02 08:33:39.png
Views: 25
Size:  760.4 KB
    This has been completed.
    Thanks Barthax thanked this post
  10. 08-02-2022, 04:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jace Hall View Post
    This has been completed.
    Awesome, thank you for listening. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Jace Hall thanked this post
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Join us