8 Toggle Dip-Switch

1-2 = ON
    4-6 = Coin Mech
    7 = ON
    8 = OFF
    4 Toggle Dip Switch

1-2 = ON
    3-4 = UNUSED
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    Difficulty: Factory Default
    Starting Ships: 3
    Extra ship: Every 10,000 Points
    NOTE: This is the [TGTS] 5 ship variation. Once you lose your 5th ship then your game is over. Please submit your score at that point.

Special Note: The TG board of directors has agreed that the technique of shooting down back-to-back command ships at the end of each stage has been deemed legally permissible and is not considered 'point scrabbing', after much consideration. This confirmation of TG's stance on this decision is dated 7/19/02.
    Submission Message
    Player 2 scored 347,430 on 5 ships. I am submitting the full video and Player 2 isolated.

Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
  2. 02-27-2022, 12:08 PM
    Welcome Asteroids01 to Twin Galaxies
    1. Need Time stamps for each of your 5 ships lost for Asteroids tournament to help Twin Galaxies members verify, thank you.
    Excellent play.
    Name:  image.png
Views: 269
Size:  87.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Asteroids01 View Post
    vzaar-player

vzaar-player

Tournament
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=127645
    Rules8 Toggle Dip-Switch

1-2 = ON
    4-6 = Coin Mech
    7 = ON
    8 = OFF
    4 Toggle Dip Switch

1-2 = ON
    3-4 = UNUSED
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    NOTE: This is the [TGTS] 5 ship variation. Once you lose your 5th ship then your game is over. Please submit your score at that point.

Special Note: The TG board of directors has agreed that the technique of shooting down back-to-back command ships at the end of each stage has been deemed legally permissible and is not considered 'point scrabbing', after much consideration. This confirmation of TG's stance on this decision is dated 7/19/02.
    Submission MessagePlayer 2 scored 347,430 on 5 ships. I am submitting the full video and Player 2 isolated.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  3. 02-27-2022, 01:00 PM
    I would vote yes but some Twin Galaxies members would like to see the missing dip switch setting &
    game menu settings

Asteroids01 can you video record or get capture pictures of both the dip switch setting and menu game settings

Tournament
    Score Track https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=127645
    Rules 8 Toggle Dip-Switch

1-2 = ON
    4-6 = Coin Mech
    7 = ON
    8 = OFF
    4 Toggle Dip Switch

1-2 = ON
    3-4 = UNUSED
    Note: The above Dip Switches, are not only the FACTORY DEFAULT settings, but are also the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings.

Voting yes
    Excellent play
    Score turns over 100k
    1. 25:46 score 100,710 bottom video
    2. 42:03 score 200,200 bottom video
    3. 53:51 score 300,390 bottom video

Player 2
    1st lost at 18:52 bottom video score 58,000
    2nd ship lost at bottom video 26:36 score 109,810
    3rd ship lost at 40:20 bottom video score 190,630
    4th ship lost at 44:06 bottom video score 230,500
    5th ship lost at 58:59 bottom video score 347,430
Views: 270
Size:  778.0 KBName:  image.png
Views: 267
Size:  891.5 KB

10k bonus 2nd player bottom video
Views: 268
Size:  910.1 KB

Start Player 2 at 11:53
Views: 270
Size:  861.8 KB
    Final
Views: 267
Size:  27.4 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
    Likes Asteroids01 liked this post
  4. 02-27-2022, 01:20 PM
    While it would be nice to see the PCB just to know its being played on legit hardware, judging from the cab I would guess it is. The dips themselves arent that important in this game because they only effect language, number of ships, and free-play/number of coins, and much like Pac-man these things can be seen from the on-screen gameplay.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Thanks JJT_Defender, JohnnyBee thanked this post
    Likes JJT_Defender, Asteroids01, Fly, JohnnyBee liked this post
  5. 02-27-2022, 01:51 PM
    A couple of issues with this. First, they played a two player game and then took the best score of the two. Not sure it's strictly against the rules but also not sure I'm ok with this. Would be interested to hear what others think on this.

The bigger issue IMO is that I can't tell if that's a real arcade cabinet running an actual Asteroids board. I'm pretty sure the picture of the cardboard overlay isn't real and has been added as a border to the video. Here again, would be interested to hear what others think of this as I'm just not certain. Would be more confident if I could have seen a picture in the video showing the entire cab. Or even better, a look inside.

Excellent play.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
    Likes JJT_Defender, Asteroids01 liked this post
  6. 02-27-2022, 01:54 PM
    Naw thats def the cardboard cutout that comes on the factory machines. I used to have one but just recently sold it or I'd snap a pic
    Likes D.B. Cooper, Asteroids01 liked this post
  7. 02-27-2022, 01:58 PM
    The front part of it does jutt out a little bit, so I can see how it could easily look like a digital border but you can see how the rear part of it forms around the screen. Of course I cant say for sure without seeing the pcb but I'd be willing to bet money this is on an original machine.
    Likes D.B. Cooper, Asteroids01 liked this post
  8. 02-27-2022, 02:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    The front part of it does jutt out a little bit, so I can see how it could easily look like a digital border but you can see how the rear part of it forms around the screen. Of course I cant say for sure without seeing the pcb but I'd be willing to bet money this is on an original machine.
    You most certainly could be right. I have an Asteroids machine sitting right behind me so I don't need any pictures. I'd feel a lot more confident if I could see just a bit more of the machine in the video.
    "Cryin' won't help you, prayin' won't do you no good"

Visit my YouTube channel for videos of over 150 classic arcade games, most of which you won't see at your local arcade. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCh4...56xV5To9gPqsLA
    Likes Asteroids01 liked this post
  9. 02-27-2022, 02:13 PM
    Yea, I would too. It looks like this was performed in some kind of arcade or video game museum or something of that nature judging by the reflection in the screen.
    And I know you dont need a pic, but here's one anyway for other voters who may be reading the comments. You'll see the cardboard bezel surrounding the screen has a kind of pseudo 3-d gimmick with the way its constructed, the contours of which can be seen in the submitters video.
    Name:  scott safran.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  81.2 KB
    Likes JJT_Defender, Asteroids01 liked this post
  10. 03-08-2022, 02:24 PM
    @Asteroids01 could you please either confirm or deny this performance being done on a genuine PCB, maybe tell us where it was at, and respond to any concerns raised in the comments?
    Likes Asteroids01, Muerto liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Join us