Rank
    Rules
    Dip-Switch Bank:
    1 = ON
    2 = OFF
    3 = ON/OFF [Upright/Cocktail]
    4-5 = ON
    6 = UNUSED
    Note: The above Dip Switches are the correct Twin Galaxies Tournament Settings for this title and will provide the following settings;
    5 Lives
    Bonus Life @ 20,000 Points
    Submission Message
    The attached Twitch video was generated on February 27, 2022 by Michael Smith (FroggerForever). It shows me playing for ~7 hours to score 1,356,520 points. The current record according to TG is still held by me at 970,440. However, Pat Laffaye scored 1,029,990 on August 15, 2017, but apparently never formally submitted the score.
    The video includes my warm-up game. The actual game starts at 18:45. The game play ends at 7:10:45.
    I tour of the inside of the machine at 7:19:15 through 7:23:30.
    The complete video is over 8GB, so I broke it in half to fit under the 5GB/file limit. There is ~1 minute overlap at the end of part 1 and start of part 2.
    Thanks,
    Mike Smith

Thanks The Evener, Evan, JJT_Defender thanked this post
  2. 03-01-2022, 06:47 PM
    Whaaaaaat?!?! Omg man! Mad respect. I didnt know if the million barrier would ever be breached on this game. I havnt watched it yet, Ive only just started, but congratulations man. I actually had this WR on a bounty over the last year, though you wouldn't have been eligible for this game as one of the rules is 'you cant beat your own record'.
    Man....
    I never heard about anyone else getting a million on Frogger. Is Pat's score documented on any other websites?

One question; I owned a Frogger for about 6 months before the monitor crapped out on me and I sold it, but I would get so frustrated at seemingly random deaths. I would jump in the middle of a perfectly good log or something and get killed for no reason I could understand. I thought I had read this was a problem others faced, no? Did you just figure out where exactly to jump, or did you just get lucky with this particular performance, or do you not even know what Im talking about?
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
  3. 03-01-2022, 06:59 PM
    Incredible work
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
  4. 03-01-2022, 07:01 PM
    very impressive. Ive come to realize Frogger is ALOT harder than it appears, and to go that long all the more so
    Lode Runner champ, also, Roy was right
  5. 03-01-2022, 08:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    very impressive. Ive come to realize Frogger is ALOT harder than it appears, and to go that long all the more so
    Absolutely. Frogger fits the mold of the very best classic arcade games; its opening levels are very easy and so incredibly intuitive that a young child can both understand and perform it, but stick around for a level or two and suddenly wheats getting separated from the chaff, boys are being separated from men, the tough get going... all that jazz. Seriously, after becoming familiar enough with the game in the brief time I had it, I got respect for any who breaks 25-30k, let alone 100k, let alone a freaking million. This is Bryguy Burger Time level of skill IMO, more or less taking a single game and becoming the absolute master at it, laying down a score that is likely to go forever unbeaten.
    Absolutely incredible performance. Im in awe.
    Rampage Arcade World Champion
    ...............Roy was Right..................
    Likes Snowflake liked this post
  6. 03-01-2022, 11:18 PM
    fantastic score congrats
  7. 03-01-2022, 11:19 PM
    Gonna try and watch most of this today. Looking forward to it. My best is around 200k and that's a pretty dang good score haha.
    I like to destroy games... especially the ones with Mario in them.
  8. 03-01-2022, 11:33 PM
    One of the very few very amazing arcade scores I've seen in all my years on the scene. Best of luck getting verified.

Michael, may I ask, how many games did you play since your last WR score to get this score? Must have been in the very high hundreds?

john

9. 03-02-2022, 12:05 AM
    Simply amazing.
    stg never die. 47 stg 1cc's
  10. 03-02-2022, 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Excelliron View Post
    ... Is Pat's score documented on any other websites? ... I would jump in the middle of a perfectly good log or something and get killed for no reason I could understand.
    I am unaware of Pat's video available. A short description of his game is http://www.classicarcadegaming.com/f...php?topic=6973
    I have played many games, both MAME and arcade, and have not encountered "random" deaths. However, the logs and turtles are misleading - you can jump safely hanging way far left, but if you are even a tiny bit hanging off the right, you will drown when trying to jump off - that is, you can jump on but not off, which may indeed seem like a random death.
    Thanks Excelliron thanked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Join us