PlayStation - Gran Turismo 2 - NTSC - Arcade Mode - Class A - Midfield Raceway - Forward [Fastest Lap] - 01:17.962

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. PlayStation - Gran Turismo 2 - NTSC - Arcade Mode - Class A - Midfield Raceway - Forward [Fastest Lap] - 01:17.962

03-25-2022, 09:07 PM
    vzaar-player

NTSC - Arcade Mode - Class A - Midfield Raceway - Forward [Fastest Lap]
    Track
    https://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=118934
    Rank
    Rules
    No pausing permitted. This is a single-player only variation. Garage Cars ARE NOT allowed (neither Home Garage nor Guest Garage)! Any difficulty may be used.Fastest Lap times may come from either Single Race or Time Trial modes, but must come from the Arcade disc.
    The player must show the options for Arcade races. The following must be set:
    - Arcade Race, Car Damage: Off
    Player may use a saved game to access unlocked cars and tracks.
    Wall Riding is prohibited. Wall Riding is the act of using a wall to manoeuvre around a corner instead of attempting the corner normally.

Submission Message
    Greetings TG! Long time no see!

This run was performed on a PS1 SCPH-1001 using a digital pad. I ran S-Video to my Retrotink 5x to scale for my capture device. You can see the Input Selection prompt from the device prior to the console bootup.

Console Boot is at the beginning
    Options - 1:08
    Time Trial, Class-A and Course - 1:40
    Best Lap begins - 33:50 (Lap 25)

Included is a zip file which contains photos of the PS1, GT2 disc, and a rip of my GT2 Replay file containing both the replay and ghost of this lap. For those wondering, I was able to rip the memory card using a Dexdrive.

Thanks for voting!

Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks Almighty Dreadlock thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  2. 03-26-2022, 02:46 AM
    DexDrive! Never dig unbox mine & haven't heard anyone mention one for years. For anybody that's curious: it connects via serial cable to a PC and reads/writes an entire PS1 Memory Card. Similar functionality to the Action Replay Max does on PS2 (except that's a PS2 disc & allows copying to USB drives).

Accepted. :D
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
    Thanks Connor Smith (TruKuu) thanked this post
Join us