PC - TrackMania Nations [ESWC 2007] - Advanced Training - E-0 [Time] - 38.79

Is this Performance Claim Valid?

This poll is closed
This poll is closed
  1. 05-10-2022, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    "Unless otherwise specified in the game's leaderboard variation rule set, the use of "glitches" or "glitch tactics" that defeat the generally accepted understanding of the spirit of the game / or reasonable interpretation of the intention of the game's designers are disallowed as a general rule."

this 2nd quote is from the 'General Gameplay Global Rules And Guidelines For All Submissions'.

[discussed "spirit of the game" and interrpretations]
    The game is a racing game: go around the track as fast as possible. The game is not a teleportation or otherwise a location displacement game. Travelling through walls is not something that can be reasonably accepted as "a car racing game". Nor can it be reasonably argued to be the norm of the game: otherwise you would be able to achieve this in many places with ease.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  2. 05-10-2022, 08:41 AM
    I've removed my vote for now and made the SP donation, but the issue still stands regardless of this replay.

We need a clear definition of what's allowed and what's not. I wanna be transparent, but I can't be if I don't know what exactly is and is not allowed. Which makes this list of 100+ potentially disallowed a problem :/
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  3. 05-10-2022, 08:41 AM
    Unvoting on all until everything is explained or corrected make another track that allows.
    JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  4. 05-10-2022, 08:46 AM
    I've removed my vote for now and made the SP donation, but the issue still stands regardless of this replay.

We need a clear definition of what's allowed and what's not. I wanna be transparent, but I can't be if I don't know what exactly is and is not allowed. Which makes this list of 100+ potentially disallowed a problem :/
    We have the "clearest" (i.e., unclear) definition that we will ever get by TG: "reasonable". Multiple countries use "the reasonable man" (or person/woman/etc) as the basis of their laws & TG is not going to change this base wording. What is reasonable to one person may not be reasonable to another. We discuss, the majority interpretation counts: that's what determines something as "reasonable".

TG can support many many interpretations of changes to a single specific achievement: each as a separate track with different rules and in those tracks we can word the rules to override the "reasonable" interpretation, thankfully. It's one of the defining features that make TG a unique scoreboard.
    Lots of 1sts to be surpassed: what are you waiting for? Play the game, submit the score...
  5. 05-10-2022, 08:47 AM
    @JJT_Defender

We're talking about this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	622.7 KB 
ID:	144953
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.PNG 
Views:	40 
Size:	492.8 KB 
ID:	144954
    Thanks JJT_Defender thanked this post
    Likes Barthax liked this post
  6. 05-10-2022, 08:50 AM
    @Barthax

I don't wanna sound unreasonable now, but I think it's pretty unreasonable to define rules of speedrunning to be 'reasonable by anyone's own interpretation' :D
    Likes Barthax, Fly liked this post
  7. 05-10-2022, 08:55 AM
    @Barthax

I don't wanna sound unreasonable now, but I think it's pretty unreasonable to define rules of speedrunning to be 'reasonable by anyone's own interpretation' :D
    I know, it's the great irony of the laws of many countries! Not just Twin Galaxies. :D

Ah, the "speedrunning" word. Another interpretation required! Here at Twin Galaxies speed running abides by the Global Rules and the track rules except under the "--Speedruns" platform where it abides by the "anything goes" interpretation of the wider speed running community... Which almost nobody here actually uses. :P
    Thanks Mazer thanked this post
    Likes Mazer liked this post
  8. 05-10-2022, 10:11 AM
    Well I'm going to vote No on this as I don't think it will get thru, but not sure I really agree with it. Also I think someone may need to define what is a bug in Trackmania and what is allowable here at TG
    Thanks Mazer thanked this post
    Likes Mazer, Barthax liked this post
  9. 05-10-2022, 10:25 AM
    That is clipping a portion of the track to get a faster time.
    I neglected to watch all the video game recording.
    vzaar-player

Advanced Training - E-0 [Time]
    Score Trackhttps://www.twingalaxies.com/scores.php?scores=197382
    RulesTime entered is that displayed at the completion of the track. Any shortcuts are permissible within the game confines.
    Submission Message*#CopyPasta*
    Track name is always visible during the runs. No score Timestamps as they're always visible immediately after a run ends.

Playlist: 0:00 & 1:15:00
    Game Start: 0:05

E-0
    No PB, but the cut is faster when done well
    Run start: 28:16
    Run end: 28:57

E-1
    Run start: 30:30
    Run end: 30:52

E-2
    probably cuttable
    Run start: 34:26
    Run end: 35:08

E-3
    definetely cuttable
    Run start: 43:42
    Run end: 44:24

E-4
    Multiple tricks and a lucky cut at the end on this map
    Run start: 45:02
    Run end: 45:28

E-5
    Pretty fun to hunt. Nice start, but I should've driven the rest of the map to refresh my memory first x)
    Run start: 49:10
    Run end: 50:10

E-6
    Hard to explain what happened here, but it's just too funny to not submit this run.
    Run start: 52:25
    Run end: 53:02

E-7
    Ngl this was pretty satisfying
    Run start: 57:39
    Run end: 58:24

E-8
    Run start: 1:03:06
    Run end: 1:04:06

E-9
    Failed 2 good runs in a row. But that's nothing new I guess. Choking good runs is what I'm known for.
    Run start: 1:14:01
    Run end: 1:14:23
    *#/CopyPasta*

JJTJohnnyLightning World #1 Racer on Arcade Game Fast & Furious Super Cars 1,872 Match Wins 52Cities
  10. 05-10-2022, 10:28 AM
    I forgot the capture picturesClick image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	606.5 KB 
ID:	144961Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	144960
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Join us